• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

GLOW

An Ivory cameo is bound to happen. But until then, the billion other cameos are definitely entertaining me.

The pilot had a hilarious ending but I feel the show slowed down a BUNCH since then. However, this is written and directed by the same people who do OITNB so if it's anything like that show, the end of season payoff should be good (I'm only 6 episodes in.)

I watched the whole thing in two days.

I really liked it. I won't give anything away but I'm definitely looking forward to a second season.

Given the critical response which has been overall positive I expect to see that happen.

I'm on the third episode and I like it too. They treat it like a serious show and that's the best news you can have on a wrestling drama. Good stuff so far.

Loved the show. The best part is the audience doesn't require any knowledge about professional wrestling to enjoy it. Hell, it even explains wrestling in the best possible way.

Many of my friends don't watch wrestling at all, and they've sung praises (although, they know what wrestling is, and some of the people from the older days); however, one of my friends refuses to watch this show because it's about wrestling, despite her adoring Alison Brie in community and other shows. So, the hardest part is convincing people to watch the show, and ignore the wrestling aspect. Since the show just uses wrestling as its environment and fall-back, like many great (gimmick) shows, it should be easy to make comparisons.

I'm on the third episode and I like it too. They treat it like a serious show and that's the best news you can have on a wrestling drama. Good stuff so far.

It's a serious, COMEDIC show which makes it even better.

I found myself rooting for them when everything began to "click." Granted, that's the wrestling fan in me coming out but I also appreciate the fact that it almost makes fun of itself while building itself up. Anyone who's had a skewed vision of professional wrestling should be able to appreciate it.

And the cameos are awesome.

Just finished the first two episodes. I was very excited coming in, but my girlfriend was a bit apprehensive. So far, she seems to like it more than me. Not to say I dislike it, but I really hyped myself up so even if it turns out to be a very good show, it will likely fall a bit short. Totally on me.

My biggest issue is that episode one we see Allison Brie's boobs. That made me uncomforble. Not because I saw a topless woman in front of my girlfriend, but because of the characters she always plays. She always plays a shy, reserved, nerdy character. It feels weird to sexualize her. It's would be akin to Bayley being the first woman they throw back into Playboy.

I'm digging it so far. Three episodes in, but I'll stick around for all ten episodes.

I liked the 'revelation' about Sam's movie. Thought for a brief moment that it was going to be revealed that he wrote what was one of the blockbusters of the 80s, only to have it rapidly crushed.

If somebody walked into the room while I'm watching it, I won't feel the awkward need to change it. That's pretty good for a show that has wrestling and 80s cheese in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back