Given Opportunity... A Future TNA World Champ?

Do you believe Teddy Hart at least deserves an opportunity of a Gut Check match?

• Yes?

• No?

Results are only viewable after voting.

obamartins

Pre-Show Stalwart
[YOUTUBE]l3qWx0f7IU0[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]sP1u_6nstxQ[/YOUTUBE]

Teddy Hart is FN money. He is a loose cannon, he is controversial & he is an outlaw however usually those intangibles can draw money because it blurs the lines between fantasy & reality. He's marketable, he has the heritage (nephew of Bret & Owen Hart), he has a presence, he's charismatic, he can cut a promo, he can work...the question is does TNA have the balls to unleash him on the mainstream audience?

I truly believe if Teddy Hart received the opportunity of a Gut Check match in TNA he would blow everybody away. I believe he'd follow a similar route to that of Austin Aries i.e. dominate the X-Division until management realised he was money as a top guy. I think those who are familiar with Teddy's work would agree & for those who don't check out the videos above.

Look we all have heard the horror stories - OLD NEWS. AAA booker & MLW Radio host Konnan says that Teddy Hart has matured - he isn't 18 years old like he was when WWE first signed him in 1998 & he isn't 23 years old like he was when he was in ROH. He is now 32 years old. Konnan himself has said he'd love to be the first guy to unleash Teddy in the US & expose him to the masses.

I think it would be a shame if a guy with the talent of Teddy Hart never got one TRUE opportunity on mainstream worldwide TV. Do you believe Teddy Hart at least deserves an opportunity of a Gut Check match?

He was in TNA I believe at one point. From what I have seen in the video you posted, as I know nothing of the guy; he seems to be just all flash. The moves he is doing seem to be on guys who are smaller than him. Yeah, the moves look really cool and fun to see, but they also look very dangerous. I understand the point of him being controversial and all that, but is that what TNA really needs? Would it gain them (TNA) positive views for it, or would it turn around and kick them in the ass?

As I said, I don't know to much of the guy. I remember reading a thread on here where a lot of guys on the board who know tons more about wrestling than me did not have to much good to say about him. I personally do not think he deserves a Gut Check match. He seems like a risk in a negative way. I guess I will have to do some research on him to see what he truly is all about. But as for Gut Check, my opinion is No for right now.

yes yes and yes! this guy is pure gold and seems to be legit fearless . not sure where the weed talk came into play can someone explain that to me ?

Yes that is what tna needs for the rebuilding x division then for upcoming gut checks add chikara,njpw,roh guys or just sign rubix,mason andrews,jack evans and dakota darsow then drop eric young,garett bischoff then appoint gunner to ovw so he can be prepared to be a champion like crimson
So the new x division
kid kash
rvd
rubix
mason andrews
jack evans
dakota darsow
zema ion
jesse sorensen
teddy hart

and they can also beef up the tag team division like for example
teddy hart and zema as a heel tag team

In some ways bringing Teddy Hart to a live national television show would be a desperation move, the risk TNA would be running is very high.

If they wanted to lure a flashy, heavily spot-style guy to come up north from AAA, I think Jack Evans would be a wiser choice.

Either way, I'm not sure gut check is the proper channel to bring in Hart anyway. If they really wanted to toy with the Teddy Hart risk/reward scenario then bringing him for next year's Destination-X tournament(assuming they bring it back for a third year) would make more sense. That way we would presumably get to see him for more than one match, management would get a little more time to evaluate if his presence is worth putting up with, and he wouldn't get the opportunity to get anywhere near a live mic prior to any official decision being made.

The X-Division is meant to be an exhibition of flashy moves. Teddy and Jack are probably the two best known proponents of this style, Ultimate X (ideally in the 6 sided ring) featuring these two would be reason enough to purchase "Destination X" by itself!

Wasn't he the guy who had a legit fight with Punk when they were both in TNA? No idea who won it. Anyway I read that he noshowed some ROH stuff and who knows maybe TNA won't take him back.

He's done a load of stupid shit, like jumping off a cage after a match and putting a load of wrestlers in danger, and has bad attitude problems, like insisting on doing a flip after his matches in memory of Owen, even if he's lost the match.

You can find the cage stuff on youtube. The rest somebody posted up CM PUNKs blog detailing the guys idiocy. TNA doesnt need him. They should focus on what they do have.

I think it would be a shame if a guy with the talent of Teddy Hart never got one TRUE opportunity on mainstream worldwide TV. Do you believe Teddy Hart at least deserves an opportunity of a Gut Check match?

Hey, why dont we use the thread you created to have the discussion insted of through repping me if you dont agree what I say. You are as biased in your opinion as CM punk was in his i'm sure. Besides, I was responding to another guys question.

The guy has proven himself to be a mook. I go on what I know. He put several other people in danger, no sold the match, and didnt learn from his mistake by the next time I'd heard of him.

I also said that TNA has more than enough talent than needing to bring in another guy. Respond if youd like, but try and keep it to the thread rather than taking it personally.

In some ways bringing Teddy Hart to a live national television show would be a desperation move, the risk TNA would be running is very high.

If they wanted to lure a flashy, heavily spot-style guy to come up north from AAA, I think Jack Evans would be a wiser choice.

Either way, I'm not sure gut check is the proper channel to bring in Hart anyway. If they really wanted to toy with the Teddy Hart risk/reward scenario then bringing him for next year's Destination-X tournament(assuming they bring it back for a third year) would make more sense. That way we would presumably get to see him for more than one match, management would get a little more time to evaluate if his presence is worth putting up with, and he wouldn't get the opportunity to get anywhere near a live mic prior to any official decision being made.

Konnan who books Teddy Hart & Jack Evans in AAA says "as good as Jack Evans is & he is great, he just doesn't have Teddy's Hart's magnetism".

People rave about Jack Evans but Teddy Hart is complete package.

TNA is same company that hired Scott Hall in 2010. Teddy Hart is a as good in the ring as anybody in TNA & as good on the mic as anybody in TNA plus has an undeniable presence & charisma. He is a real member of the Hart family - trained in Stu Hart's dungeon. The reward of Teddy IMO clearly out weighs the risks.

Teddy is a star & if he went to TNA he would be TNA's star...he wouldn't have that ex-WWE guy stigma which is a load of BS but it's what IWC likes to hang hat on whenever TNA hires someone from WWE.

Good idea with Destination X. But I don't care how Teddy Hart get's brought in I just what him to have one opportunity on TV to blow everybody away like I know for a fact he would.

Hey, why dont we use the thread you created to have the discussion insted of through repping me if you dont agree what I say. You are as biased in your opinion as CM punk was in his i'm sure. Besides, I was responding to another guys question.

The guy has proven himself to be a mook. I go on what I know. He put several other people in danger, no sold the match, and didnt learn from his mistake by the next time I'd heard of him.

I also said that TNA has more than enough talent than needing to bring in another guy. Respond if youd like, but try and keep it to the thread rather than taking it personally.

I didn't take it personally but it looks as if you have. I didn't know there was a law against repping? Either way I will do what I want, when I want. If I want to rep then I will rep. What is the matter? upset you got a negative rep? LOL

Wasn't he the guy who had a legit fight with Punk when they were both in TNA? No idea who won it. Anyway I read that he noshowed some ROH stuff and who knows maybe TNA won't take him back.

[YOUTUBE]m959JGdOnpM[/YOUTUBE]​

Teddy Hart was competing in Ring of Honor, there is an infamous incident where after a match he began performing uncoordinated moonsaults and corkscrew moonsaults off the top of the cage into the ring, landing on his feet or his stomach which he would then no-sell. Moments later, in the middle of the ring, Teddy Hart vomited, he then proceeded to flip off and attempt to provoke what was his opponent. CM Punk wasn't there on the night but heard about it and began shooting on Hart any chance he got, this led to an incident in Nashville before a TNA show which Petey Williams describes as such:

[In Spring 2004] myself, Chris Sabin, Johnny Devine, Sabu, and Jack Evans were the only people who witnessed the fight [between CM Punk and Teddy Hart] with our eyeballs. What happened was we used to eat at this place called the White Trash Cafй, just a name, that’s where we used to have our catering at; it was right across the street from where we filmed. I didn’t know that they had beef with each other at all; I wasn’t hip to what was going on on the internet.

Apparently they bad mouthed each other on the internet; I don’t know the whole story behind the back story. We’re eating and I saw Teddy and Jack walk in there and then me Sabin and Johnny Devine were walking away and they were like hey Punk is in the restaurant and Teddy just walked in, want to see what happens? I’m like what’s going on guys? They said you know [Punk and Hart] don’t like each other. We turned around and pretty much like Teddy and CM Punk walked out and it was kind of like, one of them says you’ve got a problem, he’s like you’ve got a problem?

There was like one shove, I can’t remember who shoved whose shirt first. Then it was just a couple of quick punches, Teddy got the upper hand I think like Punk kind of tripped and Teddy kind of tripped him over or something so he was on his ass. Teddy was like punching him, and then Sabu jumped in, this all happened within 20 seconds. Sabu jumped in and kind of tore them apart and as Sabu is trying to tear them apart Teddy still has Punk’s hair and is trying to kick him in the face.

Then they kind of both went their separate ways, and the office found out about it and that was the last time I ever saw Punk in TNA. Then after Teddy did his stint with Team Canada that lasted another week, he never came back. You can’t fight, there’s consequences right.

I will say at least according to Punk on a shoot interview he did for Ring of Honor with Samoa Joe, that isn't why he left TNA. He left after the Rob Feinstien incident which happened around the same time, TNA and ROH came to an agreement the talent would decide where their loyalty lied. Punk agreed with Christopher Daniels, AJ Styles and Low-Ki to stick with ROH, but without telling him the three opted to stick with TNA.

Back to the topic however, Teddy Hart will never be the future World Heavyweight Champion of any promotion anywhere. You know why? Because the guy has taken Brian Pillman's gimmick and actually became it. He's a stuck-up, pretentious ******** who floated around the wrestling scene so long not based off his talent but off his last name and then when everywhere blackballed him, where'd he go? Mexico, where he once again caused issues and has been fired and re-hired numerous times.

Asides from obvious attitude issues which have became the focal point of his entire career, hes been in and out of rehab, whether it be WWE sponsored or otherwise a handful of times. So you got yourself an arrogant, immature third generation wrestler whose been fired from numerous promotions, has had issues with drugs and whose most famous promo is a shoot on people who don't agree with him, and you think he has what it takes to be a World Heavyweight Champion?!

There are reasons Teddy Hart isn't employed by a North American wrestling promotion. TNA didn't want anything to do with him, WWE tried to do business with him and hes failed numerous times, even Ring of Honor blackballed him for several years. His second name might be Hart and he may be able to do a couple hundred flashy maneuvers, but when you have the track record he has, your chances of employment are slim, never mind the chances of becoming a World Champion.

Judging by all the curse word, i would say no. No company is going to want a guy that says a profanity in almost every single sentence. But he can wrestle, i give him that!

I would normally say hell no to an ungrateful, entitled brat being thrown a TNA lifeline. But then I stopped and considered the positives and negatives of picking up Hart. Really TNA could put some very strict restrictions on him, and see how it goes.

They don't have the international profile of WWE. If he fucks up, they can just fire him. And who cares if they wind up with egg on their face, TNA spends most of its time with egg on its face.

They either come out with a slight waste of money who doesn't work out. Or they look like geniuses for giving a great talent one more chance.

I think for TNA the risk is fairly slim. When you got nothing you got nothing to lose.

Just My Opinion.

P.S. I dont like to paint TNA as a company with no hope or future. I just think then your a smaller company almost no one will actually notice you screw up. You need to take great risks to attain great success.

That promo was definitely the lowest point of my day and seven minutes of my life I will never get back. I hope you are happy. What was up with him randomly rapping at different points throughout it too? This guy is a tool who's biggest accomplishment was doing a backflip off a cage after a match for no good reason at all. Who did he embarrass besides himself by throwing up all over the ring after that stupid little stunt too? He sure showed them.

If it wasn't for his last name people would have wrote this guy off a long time ago. Indy wrestling has come a long way since anybody even gave a shit about Teddy Hart and TNA, WWE and any company that is smart would be wise to avoid his ass and realize that there are plenty of wrestlers out their that are not only leaps and bounds better than Hart inside the ring, but more professional inside and out of it as well.

Asking for your job back, with a company that has a wellness policy, while smoking a phatty basically sums up Teddy Hart in a nut shell.

Future world champ? I dunno about that. A chance to prove himself with a gut check match and the ensuing run at OVW where he can show if his checkered past is his past and not his future? Certainly.

Maybe one day. Not that I wouldn't like to see TNA get as many good talents as possible on the roster at the same time, too much too quick will clog the proverbial pipes. You can only push so many guys at one time. Look at Kenny king: a great talent who's shown up what, twice since Destination X? That's what happens when every flippin' month TNA has a new Gut Check contestant they want to put over. Whether they hire the poor sap or not, that's still a few weeks of video packages, one match and a long ass segment once a month where Bruce Prichard awkwardly stumbles through a promo.

I honestly can't even name the Gut Check contestants that have been accepted. Except for Wes Brisco and Christian York. There was...Shaw? Something Shaw? Sam? These people are doing nothing in TNA, and it's clear TNA has no direction for them. They're just bringing in new talents and taking them away from indie promotions where they could be making money. I wonder if Kenny King is happy never doing anything, when he could at least be making cash in Ring of Honor.

This termed into a small rant about Gut Check and TNA's misuse of their new roster, but the point is the same: don't bring in a truly talented guy RIGHT NOW. He'll get lose in the mix. And if he doesn't, it means somebody else truly deserving is getting screwed over.

While Teddy is a great wrestler and would really help improve the X division. His track shows that everytime you think he has turned a corner and has actually matured. He goes and does something stupied again and thats why TNA should give him a shot at Gut Check.

Teddy Hart is still the same spotty idiot he's always been. The only difference being that now with Perros Del Mal Producciones. Which basically means he's got about 15 different managers he needs to answer to. He's nothing but utter flash in the ring. You're more likely to get a seizure watching him than enjoyment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back