• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Getting the itch for a new tattoo...

The 1-2-3 Killam

Mid-Card Championship Winner
I realize that when people start advice threads on the forum, they're gonna have a bad time. BUT, this isn't the bar room, and it's not really a personal, or emotional request, so i don't give a shit if it gets of hand.

Anyways, I'm getting that itch for a new tattoo. Maybe it's the new location, moving into a new place soon, etc. I don't know, but I've been thinking about it for several weeks, trying to figure out what I want to get done. I have 3 so far. One for my biological dad, who died when I was young. One for my grandfather, who passed away a few months ago. And one that doesn't have a ton of meaning to it, but was my first and I got it with my mom last summer for only $35 at a local shops anniversary event. But it is from one of the best animated films of all time, so at least it highlights one of my passions in life.

I'd like the 4th to have something to do with pro wrestling. Probably the biggest thing that populates my life during an average week, something that I've loved for over a decade now, and something I'll probably have around for many years to come.

I've thought about doing some sort of collage with different promotions' logos, maybe a logo from a favorite wrestler, some sort of quote, etc. Problem is, it's always so hard for me to come down to a "favorite wrestler". Any ideas?

"FEED ME MORE"... Its catching on, but you'll be ahead of the curve.

The Brahma Bull or Smoking Skull have always been popular.

I'm a big fan of the WCW logo, and the old WWF would be nice... But If it was me, I'd have to go TNA... Even an aces and eights wouldnt be outside the norm for a tatoo, but you could have your own secret meaning behind it that most people wouldnt ask about.

And youre a huge D-von fan right?

Seems i can only think of contemporary wrestling ideas ideas...

Theres always the...
TattooWrestling_display_image.jpg

And If any wrestler has a tattoo you find really cool, If you were more hoping to keep the idea to yourself, steal it. Youll know what it represents.

Something like sting/Ultimate warrior facepaint tattoo could work too... Just not on your face.

I like that, Mike.

I am a huge wrestling fan, not as knowledgeable as most so I could never get a wrestling tattoo. But, I do like it and I think you'll be a fan for life and it would suit you if that is what you want.

Better yet, if that is already tatted on you, then again I still like it.

Where is it that you want to get it tatted?

Let's see a picture of the other tattoos you have..I'm very interested in seeing what standard of tattoo you can get for $35.....

But that DX/HHH tattoo looks pretty cool, but would you reallllllly want a wrestling related tattoo on you for the rest of your life? Just sayin'

would you reallllllly want a wrestling related tattoo on you for the rest of your life? Just sayin'

How is it any different from any other tattoo?

Its hardly a secret the guy likes wrestling, and his job depends on it.

Getting the word "mom" is no different than getting "DX".

Shave you head & get the Bam Bam Bigelow flames:thumbsup:

Or get this portrait tattoo'd on your ass, with his big gaping mouth being where you're butthole is

03-16-05_mark-madden_original.jpg

There's nothing wrong with getting a wrestling tattoo, but I really wouldn't get that tattoo. It's overcomplicated and audacious, which doesn't really work well outside of a bigger piece - e.g. a sleeve or some fuck-off... montage sort of thing. If you're going to get just a design by itself, I'd say to get something smaller, sleeker and more iconic than some stuff they slapped on a t-shirt in 2011.

How is it any different from any other tattoo?

Its hardly a secret the guy likes wrestling, and his job depends on it.

Getting the word "mom" is no different than getting "DX".

I wouldn't get "Mum" as a tattoo either.

Just personal opinion, I would never get a tattoo related to a TV show or a sports team I like, but each to their own.

Getting ink is a big decision as its something you have to live with for a long while.

I wouldn't get "Mum" as a tattoo either.

Just personal opinion, I would never get a tattoo related to a TV show or a sports team I like, but each to their own.

Getting ink is a big decision as its something you have to live with for a long while.

Agreed.

I guess i took it up as you saying a wrestling tattoo in particular would be stupid, but I feel any tattoo has equal chances of being stupid without some significant meaning behind it.

But if wrestling (or your mum) have been one of the few stable things throughout your life, and I dont know HGR at all I mean for anyone, then I see no biggie?

Though getting something like a Coronation Street tattoo i would have to vote against.

There's nothing wrong with getting a wrestling tattoo, but I really wouldn't get that tattoo. It's overcomplicated and audacious, which doesn't really work well outside of a bigger piece - e.g. a sleeve or some fuck-off... montage sort of thing. If you're going to get just a design by itself, I'd say to get something smaller, sleeker and more iconic than some stuff they slapped on a t-shirt in 2011.
I have three small-ish tattoos already. I was looking for something quite a bit bigger this time around, and I really do like that design.

Let's see a picture of the other tattoos you have..I'm very interested in seeing what standard of tattoo you can get for $35.....
I've had all 3 done at the same place, and the $35 tat was no different quality than the $115 or $150. I'll try to upload some pictures later.

But that DX/HHH tattoo looks pretty cool, but would you reallllllly want a wrestling related tattoo on you for the rest of your life? Just sayin'
Yes, actually. I can't imagine I won't have wrestling around for at least another 10 years of my life. And it's meant a great deal to me for at least 10 years already, it's probably worth doing. It is likely I'm going down to LA for a few months to train with some of the guys in Millennium Pro, help them launch a YouTube series, and potentially be a manager for a few of the guys, if I can swing the classes. I think at this point wrestling is a big enough part of my life that I won't regret the decision. I mean, I have a tattoo from Wall-E for christ sake, and I don't regret that.

Dont be dissin percy millar!

MAKE EM SAY UHHHHH, NA-NA, NA-NAAAAAA! Lol. The DX one is straight. And nothing wrong with repping a fave sports team. Hell I got the Packers' logo on my forearm. Thinking of getting a full or half sleeve with the L.A. squads scattered throughout.

A guy I used to talk with on a non wrestling site was a big wrestling fan. He had the B.S.K. tattoo already and was going to get the Undertaker's "T" symbol last time I talked to him.

I have a Nirvana related tattoo but it's discrete enough that only people who are familiar with Nirvana know what it is. So I can't say much about getting a wrestling tattoo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back