Getting a PS4 Today: What to Buy?

The 1-2-3 Killam

Mid-Card Championship Winner
I'm taking advantage of today's Gamestop bundle, as they're giving away Bloodbourne with the 500GB The Last of Us bundle for $400.

I want to get one game that has decent online multiplayer. 99% of my time on PS4 is going to be spent playing SP games, but I should probably have something to remain relatively social.

Any ideas?

Personally the games I would recommend right now would be Mortal Kombat X, Far Cry 4, Batman Arkham Night (when it's released on I think Tuesday), GTA V (FPS mode makes it worth it to buy again if you haven't already) and of course Destiny if you can get into it.

On the Playstation Store I would recommend getting Hotline Miami and Resogun.

I don't play as much as I used to but all of these games have been a blast while playing. Well, not Batman as it's not out but I can't imagine that game being anything but awesome.

Can't beat witcher 3, if you are into that kind of game ....both for putting your processing power to proper work, and for an amazing gaming experience

Can't beat witcher 3, if you are into that kind of game ....both for putting your processing power to proper work, and for an amazing gaming experience

I'm going to pick it up, probably next month, but I'm holding off for now. I've got Bloodbourne and TLOU to get through first. I just need to find something to play with friends / random people onlline.

Go for GTA V. If that's your type of game. The multiplayer in that is crazy, it's pretty much like an MMORPG at this point. The gameplay never gets old because the developers are still releasing free DLCs with new missions and things every few months. If you're into roleplaying you can also join a variety of roleplaying crews, such as gangs or law enforcement, all run by other players. It's really ahead of it's time compared to other games out there.

If you're into sports, sports games are always good. FPS games like Battlefield or COD are an option.

That's what I play. But there are loads more.

Buy yourself a soul Killam! You dirt sheet writing low life.

:)

:) I missed this.

Alright guys, here's the final verdict...
iWLyURH.jpg

Also, bonus picture. I got a new/old dresser from a garage sale, and it's now my new Nintendo platform. I think it looks pretty great. :)

r8pZcpW.jpg

Dying Light is the only game I've played on it so far. It's good to play solo but the multiplayer is just awesome, especially if any of your friends have it and can give you some suped up weapons. It's frustrating at first as the weapons that are lying around pretty much don't do shit so there's more of a focus on avoiding the zombies rather than fighting a bunch of them.

Oh yeh, and try not to get mentally scarred when you start finding the toddlers.

Dying Light freaks me out so much it's not even funny. Anyway, Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection is coming out in October I believe. I've always been a fan of that franchise after I played those games on my buddy's PS3. It's a remastered series but the games are fun as hell. Should definitely pick it up.

Rocket League is amazing. So much fun. It's predecessor, Super Sonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars on PS3 was also amazing but got little love.

Guys, I have three trophies left to Platinum Rocket League. I've never actually taken the time to get a Platinum trophy before. The two left are the most annoying ones - collect everything and drive for 500km. Given that my most used tires have like 25 miles on them after about 20 hours of game time, I think I'm going to have to pull out a rubber band and let it run around in circles over night.

Updated list of games I own:

-Bloodborne
-Dying Light
-Rocket League
-Rogue Legacy
-Shovel Knight
-WWE 2K15 (it was on sale for $23, meh)
-Journey (as of 34 minutes ago)

And the other games that came out for PS+ the last two months that I haven't touched yet. Actually, I played a few hours of Skulls of the Shogun, which I thought was pretty fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back