• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

George Lopez Canceled

After just two seasons on the air, Lopez Tonight is no more. TBS has announced that they will not be renewing the show for a third season and that tonight's show will be the last. After a very promising first season, the show's ratings sank in the second season. Many believe that the reason for the ratings decrease is the arrival of Conan O'Brien, who took the slot that was originally slated for Lopez. Whether or not O'Brien's low ratings as a lead-in to Lopez were the actual reason for the decrease in ratings is unknown, but it is a very likely scenario.

Many fans are sad to see Lopez go, as his show provided something different from the regular late night shows. Now, my question to you is this: Will you miss Lopez Tonight? Did you enjoy it?

Personally, I thought it had its bright spots and I enjoyed some of what George Lopez brought to the table. I enjoy him much more than I enjoy Conan O'Brien and I'm sad that he was the first to go. I'd love to see him on some other network soon, but that is really unlikely. At the end of the day, Lopez Tonight will be just another forgotten show that possibly got the axe too soon.

Good. George Lopez is absolute shit, but atleast he isn't Carlos Mencia. Still though, I've disliked Lopez for a long time and have never found him to be even remotely funny. He reminds me alot of Tyler Perry or Jim Belushi in that they all suck the life out of every single thing they're in usually. Not that I even care about what replaces Lopez here, but I'm just glad I won't accidentally stumble upon him on my TV late at night anymore. He should join Carlos Mencia in the "pit of comedians that I never want to see again". The pit has deadly snakes in it as well, just because I'm a cunt like that.

Thank fucking goodness, now maybe he will never come back again. Nothing outside of his normal stand up routine is the least bit funny or entertaining, and yet, channels insist upon syndicating the show onseemingly 24 hour loops.

thank goodness the show is cancelled and maybe will forget he ever even existed, and all of the shows go away. Please.

I am not surprised at all. Lopez is funny and all, but his late night talk show was kind of boring. The only reason I watched it was because it was on after Conan and I wouldn't have much else to do some nights. It was nowhere near as funny as his sitcom or his stand up material. I think the drop in ratings was people realizing the show wasn't worth it, the same group of people who watched it out of having nothing else to do in that timeframe. I suppose they all found something better to do. I won't miss it much, it wasn't that great of a show.

Why all the Lopez hate? I enjoyed Lopez tonight and was a faithful watcher so I will miss this with a passion. I hope George goes to work on another sitcom thats where we need him. He could do another stand-up tour that would be nice.

Thank fucking god, Lopez's show (or any show he's ever been in for that matter) was pure shit. The is not funny in the least, & is a steaming pile of shit as a human being. Any guy who has a wife give up a kidney to save them, then repays them by getting caught sneaking around with hookers is a disgrace to humanity and doesn't deserve any of the "success" the Lopez has had. I will not miss his show in the least, in fact his show was one of those that every time it came on, I was scrambling to find my remote so I could change it to anything else, the guy is just awful in every way.

I watched the first episode of Lopez Tonight...and I will watch the final episode tonight. Never really cared about the show, but I do love late night television! Hopefully it will be a great last night for him. I did love his sitcom. Maybe he can do a sitcom again.

Can somebody explain to me what the hell was so great about his sitcom?, the show was dreadful, just really horriable jokes followed up by him saying "Odele". Seriously I want to know what about this show was so fucking funny? & why on earth would you really want another sitcom from this guy, are you not getting enough of his shitty old one that seemingly airs 24/7?

I was never a fan of this guy. When I found out what he did to his wife I was appauled. Here you have a guy who is already a turtle who was sat on a fence, but now he has the nerve to act like that. Man, you already don't deserve anything that you have based on your talent. Now you go off and prove that you don't even deserve it personally. George Lopez sucks and everything that he has done has sucked. Any fans of his need to do themselves a favor by picking their own favorites and stop letting the tv system force feed you garbage. I really hope this is the last we see on this guy and he can go over to BET and take Monique with him.

Can somebody explain to me what the hell was so great about his sitcom?, the show was dreadful, just really horriable jokes followed up by him saying "Odele". Seriously I want to know what about this show was so fucking funny? & why on earth would you really want another sitcom from this guy, are you not getting enough of his shitty old one that seemingly airs 24/7?

I thought it was funny. But I can watch just about anything.

As for his late-night show, I tried watching it a few times, but I could never really get into it. Guess it just wasn't my cup of tea, I never really found it funny. Actually, Letterman is the only late night guy I ever really liked. So I won't miss it, it'll be interesting to see if anyone is chose to replace him with another late-night show. Charlie Sheen maybe? :lmao:

Thank fucking Christ. George Lopez is one of those guys whose success always baffles me. Like Dane Cook or Tracy Morgan. He's not funny, his only material is based using Hispanic stereotypes, and as Justin said, he's a shit human being.

To be fair, most late night TV sucks ass these days but Lopez was definitely the bottom of the barrel. Now please, don't put this twat back on TV anymore.

Wow, a non spam thread about George Lopez, I've had to check three times just to make sure this thread wasn't created by Milenko.

What can be said about George Lopez that hasn't already been said, well, nothing really. I once left two Jack in the Box Tacos sitting in my car for almost a month, they where pretty stale; but not as stale as the jokes George Lopez tries to pass off as comedy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back