• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

[Genesis] RVD v. Gunner

Who wins?

• Rob Van Dam

• Gunner

Results are only viewable after voting.

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
Genesis 2012
RVD v. Gunner
Grudge Match

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

800px-Impact_Wrestling.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ppv8.jpg

All discussion here.​

i didnt even know about this match until i checked out the forums tonight but it makes sense tht its added to the card both are good wrestlers so this could be a good match im gonna pick gunner to get the win sense hes on a roll and i just dont see the point of RVD winning

I'd say Gunner. He is a good up and comer and RVD appears to be on the way out. PPVs are the only place RVD has found consistency with good booking lately so this should be a solid match

Based on how they are building Gunner up, it looks like he will come away with the victory in this one. RVD's contract is coming up in March and whose to say if he will re-sign. This won't be a squash match as evidenced by their match last night.

I voted for Gunner here. He has been on quite of a roll lately, and TNA appears to have big plans for him based upon his apprenticeship with Ric Flair as of late. Gunner needs the push that a victory over RVD can give him. RVD does not need the rub. Plus, if rumors of RVD returning to WWE are in any way true, he is probably going to be doing little more than putting other guys over between then and now, not to mention what he'll likely be doing once he gets there.

I'm not a fan of Gunner, I just don't see what some people see in the guy. That being said, I expect Gunner to walk away with the win here. If he doesn't, then TNA has basically spent the past month or so wasting air time on trying to build Gunner as some sort of tough guy that injures people.

It's heavily implied that RVD is leaving TNA and will be returning to WWE once his contract expires in March, so having someone of his star power putting Gunner over is the perfect use for him. As I mentioned earlier, I'm not a fan of Gunner but having him come out with a win is the only outcome that keeps Gunner from looking like a complete scrub.

1st off, I absolutely love Gunner. I think he has a real future in the wrestling business. He has good in ring ability and a great look. I also love the fact that Flair is his manager. That is what Flair should be doing, managing up and comers. That being said, I voted for RVD to get the win in this one via DQ. I figure that they will have about 10-15 minutes of solid back and forth action with all RVD's trademark spots. Soon after the Nature Boy gets involved. Flair and Gunner beat the hell out of RVD, then Gunner piledrives RVD on the concrete to finish him off. RVD is stretchered out and as his contract is coming up, it may be the last we see of him. Gunner gets the rub and continues with his wrecking ball path on Thursdays. So RVD wins via DQ, but Gunner comes out looking like a beast.

TNA has been working incredibly hard to get Gunner over with his "real bad man" gimmick, but I expect we'll see RVD go over here. RVD has been floating around with no purpose, but he generally winds up on the winning end of PPV matches, even though they serve no purpose. And after seeing their match on Thursday, I'm not expecting much from this one. Their styles conflict, and it made for a sloppy match.

I'm not a fan of Gunner's, but the pairing of him with Ric Flair obviously means TNA has a purpose for him, possibly major ones. The storyline involving wrestlers that he's taking out one by one is an intriguing one, and I think Van Dam will be his next victim. With rumors that RVD may be leaving the company and headed back to WWE, this could be the match that results in a storyline write-off for Van Dam. I see a win here for Van Dam, followed by Gunner attacking RVD during his celebration, effectively writing him out of the company. I'd be surprised if anything else happened, to be honest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back