[Genesis] Kenny King v. Christian York [#1 Contender]

Who wins?

• Kenny King

• Christian York

Results are only viewable after voting.

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
ImpactWrestling.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Genesis 2013
Kenny King v. Christian York
#1 Contender's Match for the X Division Championship

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

600ppv8.jpg

All discussion here.​

I suspect that King will take this one. He's the more talented of the two in my opinion and he's brought some slight degree of spice into the X Division. Christian York, for the most part, is basically a bland babyface that's lost all but 1 of his matches in TNA thus far.

They've both had matches against RVD with King's being much superior in my opinion. York lost a 5 minute bout to RVD on Open Fight Night a few weeks back I think while King holds a win over RVD. So yeah, I think King takes the win here, maybe with some slightly underhanded tactics.

I also can't envision a scenario where York wins here.

We already recently got to see York/RVD, and while the match was solid, there is no reason to rehash it at this PPV. King on the other hand defeated Rob in their last outing and seems to be getting a nicely executed transition to cocky heel.

I suspect King will leave Genesis as champion after pulling off a pair of shady wins against York and Rob. Then I think King and York will work a short program for the belt while creative gets a handle on what they want to do with the division going into Lockdown.

King getting the belt, and then potentially getting some new blood competition if TNA is impressed enough to keep around any of the talent being flown in for the X-travaganza special, would be the best thing for the division right now.

Given their history and similar narcissistic attitude, TNA could do well to book a title run for King similar to one they did for Aries.

With Kenny King's previous win over RVD I see him getting the title shot. York is ok, but I think King is where the division will have it's focus for the beginning part of this year. I like his little heel turn, and I agree he could have a run with the title similar to Aries did last year. I say King wins this and then the title. Should be a standout match on the ppv.

Yeah, with K-Double beating RVD on Impact we need to see a rubber match between those two here, so Kenny will likely beat York. They should've booked the rubber match between RVD & King for Genesis anyway, this tournament really wasn't needed to set that up, they could've devoted all this time on Impact to giving RVD & King more of a proper build up. And with RVD facing Jerry Lynn at the X-Travangza special (which will be taped on the 12th or 13th) as part of Lynn's farewell tour before his retirement, I don't see RVD being the champion in that match and defending the belt against Lynn cause then it would be predictable that RVD would win and I'd like to think that TNA would make the pioneer of the X-Division go out with a victory in his final match in the company, so I also see Kenny taking the X belt from RVD too.

Kenny King has more of a storyline working against RVD, however why would they make the heel wrestle twice in one night, and go up against a fresh RVD? That's why I believe Christian York will pick up a quick, roll-up type surprise victory.

Allowing York to win does more than allowing King to win.

York winning puts into place a face-face meeting, in which you accept York having to wrestle twice in one night; and ultimately doesn't make him look any worse for losing to RVD, because he just didn't have the stamina to do it. Whereas with King, you allow him to win, then lose to RVD, and it destroys King's momentum heading into a regular one-on-one meeting with RVD coming off his recent victory over the X-Division Champion.

Allowing York to win doesn't destroy King's momentum either, for those wondering otherwise. King can destroy York throughout this entire match, acting cocky the whole way. He can show too much confidence and that could end up becoming his downfall off a quick roll-up. In his disbelief, he could attack York (damaging him more and allowing him to take a later loss without hurting anything), OR he could interfere in the X-Division Championship match, which will just continue to build toward a bigger match between King and RVD - one-on-one without having King be the weaker of the two, having had to fight twice in one night.

King winning would only be logical if they were going to allow him to beat RVD for the Championship. Or complain that he only lost because he wrestled twice, which I still feel would hurt him because he'd be admitting to not having the stamina to wrestle more than once. (heels shouldn't admit to weakness)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back