• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Generational Divas Match

wrestler36

Championship Contender
This idea is basically a ripoff of what Evolution versus The Shield was last year. With the divas movement in full swing, what would you think about, maybe at Survivor Series or Wrestlemania, having the new generation of divas versus the past (who can still go). Lita, Trish, (McCool, Maryse, Mickie, Victoria, Phoenix, etc) versus Paige, Nikki, Natalya, Naomi (NXT?). A 4 on 4 or 5 on 5 match. Build it up as maybe some of the former divas are paying a visit and the younger ones are jealous or looking to make a name for themselves. Each week leading up to SS, Trish and Lita bring back one former diva. Then the match itself, the younger divas can pick off the older ones, one by one. Or there can be some inner turmoil, like Naomi walking off, kind of like how Jericho did in the WWF vs WCW Survivor Series. This wouldn't be bringing back the older divas full time, just some appearances weeks before the Survivor Series, or even Wrestlemania. Would you be interested in seeing this? Seeing some of the divas of recent past go one more time and putting over the new divas?

Nah, I don't think I would be interested in that. Even though it's a cool idea, I think it would confuse some fans. Cause your looking to put over the new Divas, but by the younger Divas being jealous of the older Divas, your telling your fans to go for the older Divas to beat the younger Divas. Honestly, I don't think they need the older Divas to put them over.

But I would like to see Paige vs Lita though, because of their characters and very different styles of wrestling. Sasha Banks vs Trish would be good. Similar styles with Sasha having the edge in the submission department. And Charlotte vs Beth Phoenix. Two athletic physical females. If you were to use the older Divas, it should be certain ones and in singles competition against the top and best in-ring performers of the new Divas. And with others like McCool, Mickie James and Melina, they can come back, to beat the lower level Divas and put over whoever is champ, while behind the scenes, helping the women get better.

5 on 5 is too much in my opinion. I actually wouldn't mind seeing Lita vs Paige or Lita and Trish vs The Bellas at Mania... yes The Bellas. At least it would create some buzz in the Diva's division if nothing else.

No generational matches should happen with the divas.. Not many people will care, and i doubt many divas would want to come back..

Nah, I don't think I would be interested in that. Even though it's a cool idea, I think it would confuse some fans. Cause your looking to put over the new Divas, but by the younger Divas being jealous of the older Divas, your telling your fans to go for the older Divas to beat the younger Divas. Honestly, I don't think they need the older Divas to put them over.

I see what you're saying here, but honestly, it really doesn't matter. It's like Barrett and Wyatt are supposed to be heels but people love and cheer for them anyways. In this case, it's like Rock vs Hogan in 2002 (to a much, much lesser extent lol). Rock was triple teamed, hit by a truck, etc. But at WM, maybe 50% of the crowd still wanted to see Hogan win

It could work as an awesome 4 VS 4 divas match at Survivor Series, assuming the former Women's Champions would wish to return and participate. They would also have to have the right girls on the team representing today's WWE. If you have "Team Total Divas" led by The Bellas defeating a team of legends led by Lita and Trish, then you have an absolute disaster than fans would strongly dislike. When done right though, could be one of the most memorable divas matches ever. Here are the teams I would want to see participate:

Former Divas Team
Trish Stratus
Lita
Michelle McCool
Beth Phoenix

Current Divas Team
Paige
Natalya
Summer Rae
Emma

Lots of eliminations would be seen with Paige being the sole survivor by last eliminating Trish or Lita. I'd REALLY want to see AJ and Kaitlyn return for this, but that would be impossible right now.

Although I like old vs new storylines i would not do this with old divas. Ai would go current divas vs NXT women. Maybe survivor series maybe a nexus invasion

Paige, Nikki, Brie, Naomi, Tamina vs Sasha Banks, Charlotte, Bayley, Becky Lynch And Alexa Bliss

Good hardfought battle but at the end The NXT women win when Paige turns on Nikki and lets NXT women win the match and joins them

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back