• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

General Manager Question/Plot Hole

knocturnal

Dark Match Winner
Quick question. If Vince doesn't have the power to appoint Vickie as the General Manager without HHH or Stephanie overturning it then how does he have the power to appoint Brad Maddox? (Yes I know I'm thinking too much about this and blah blah but that's what this great forum and you people are for) How do you think they will work around that or will they just ignore that gaping plot hole.

Vince had the power to overturn it. He just agreed with HHH to let Stephanie break the tie, and then she used the WWE App poll results to do so.

I do agree it's a bit strange that Vince doesn't just overturn it. Guess he's keeping his word.

because its fucking wwe creative team... they can't think ahead because they don't have any creative power..

like remember the kevin nash texting angle? why the fuck would he text himself.. lol.

but seriously, idk why wwe cant use common sense, its been a problem for many years, ever since PG started in 2008.

2009 - if randy orton punts vince mcmahon, why doesnt vince fire him?
2010 - if nexus attacks vince mcmahon, why doesnt he fire him? why did nexus just attack the undertaker? did undertaker get revenge. he never did
2011 - kevin nash bull shit storyline
2012 - who had permission to put the stipulation, if cena beat big show, johnny ace would get fired? who had the permission to put that storyline?

wwe creative is so stupid.. lol. just give the creative control to paul heyman becaus the way he does business is so unique and different.

wwe will ignore it they have a habit of ignoring plotholes and hoping we do aswell its not a new thing i remember quite a few years ago they did the steph and trips spliiting up angle i think we are supposed to pretend that never happened now lol.they also have a habit of storys that either dont make sense at all or dont go anywhere a good example been the anon gen manager it dragged on forever and then it turned out to be hornswoggle it was ridiculous and it was clear creative just couldnt come up with someone better.i know this is wrestling and it doesnt always have to make sense but sometimes they just need to think things through a bit more before they go through with a storyline especially big ones

I thought the whole point of HHH getting the COO job was to keep Vince from making the bad decisions. If I remember correctly, the board of directors decided Vince was too volatile and was causing too many problems so he was removed from his position in favor of HHH. You know storyline wise....

And then HHH was removed running Raw and Smackdown because HE was making too many bad decisions causing a strike.

Now they are fighting over who is controlling the shows. Why doesnt the board of directors decide considering they apparently have more stroke that HHH and Vince?

because its fucking wwe creative team... they can't think ahead because they don't have any creative power..

like remember the kevin nash texting angle? why the fuck would he text himself.. lol.

but seriously, idk why wwe cant use common sense, its been a problem for many years, ever since PG started in 2008.

2010 - if nexus attacks vince mcmahon, why doesnt he fire him? why did nexus just attack the undertaker? did undertaker get revenge. he never did
2012 - who had permission to put the stipulation, if cena beat big show, johnny ace would get fired? who had the permission to put that storyline?

wwe creative is so stupid.. lol. just give the creative control to paul heyman becaus the way he does business is so unique and different.

2009 - that was explained about as clearly as can be. By winning the Royal Rumble, Randy Orton had an iron clad, guaranteed WWE title shot at WrestleMania. He came right out and said that he would sue the company and shut down WrestleMania if they tried to deny him that. I guess you missed that episode, huh?
2010 - Right, because Vince has a history of firing everybody who attacks him, huh? He was in a coma for months after the attack. By the time he returned, Nexus had already broken up. Guess you missed those episodes, huh?
2011 - what the hell are you talking about? He texted himself because he wanted to attack CM Punk. You missed that episode too, huh?
2012 - Umm, it was stated quite clearly that The Board of Directors made that stipulation. You miss a LOT of episodes, don't you?

In summary: you're a moron. Please get a clue before you rant and rave with such a high level of idiocy, as your stupidity may infect others.

In regards to this particular thread, the first response explained it crystal clearly. Triple H challenged Vince to let Stephanie make the decision. Vince agreed. Stephanie decided to go with the WWE App Poll results, rather than divide her family, and the Universe voted Fail. I'd love to see somebody explain how that's a plot hole. Except for that fool I quoted above. I don't need to see him say anything again, anywhere, ever.

EDIT: I went back and rewatched. Exact dialogue from the segment in question is as follows.

Triple H: At the end of the day...no matter what we say, you're going to do whatever the hell it is you want to do anyway...I don't want to believe that's the case. If it's not, then what I propose is, since Stephanie called this meeting, why don't we let her decide Vickie's fate?
Vince: I have no problem with my daughter, daddy's little girl, making the right decision, the right entertaining decision.
(Back and forth between Triple H and Vince.)
Stephanie: I'm not going to let any one, or any thing, drive a wedge between me and my family. Therefore we're going to let the exclusive WWE App Vote decide. Did Vickie Guerrero pass or did she fail?
(Results are shown. 25% Pass, 75% Fail.)
(Vickie begs for her job.)
Stephanie: Vickie, I've got two words for you...(pauses, makes eye contact with her dad, giving him ample opportunity to stop her)...YOU'RE FIRED!

So, please, somebody here explain to me how that's inconsistent in any way or a plot hole in any form?

2009 - that was explained about as clearly as can be. By winning the Royal Rumble, Randy Orton had an iron clad, guaranteed WWE title shot at WrestleMania. He came right out and said that he would sue the company and shut down WrestleMania if they tried to deny him that. I guess you missed that episode, huh?
2010 - Right, because Vince has a history of firing everybody who attacks him, huh? He was in a coma for months after the attack. By the time he returned, Nexus had already broken up. Guess you missed those episodes, huh?
2011 - what the hell are you talking about?
2012 - Umm, it was stated quite clearly that The Board of Directors made that stipulation. Guess you missed that episode too, huh?

i guess u decide to ignore me about undertaker and nexus not fighting ever again?
2011 - kevin nash texted himself. why would he text himself? he doesnt need anyones permision becase he acted on his own..
u think wwe is so flawless, huh? u think the wwe creative the team is making at no mistakes at all? right? ur wrong

i guess u decide to ignore me about undertaker and nexus not fighting ever again?
2011 - kevin nash texted himself. why would he text himself? he doesnt need anyones permision becase he acted on his own..
u think wwe is so flawless, huh? u think the wwe creative the team is making at no mistakes at all? right? ur wrong

Funny how you ignore everything I say in response to everything you said, but point out the one thing I overlooked. Ok, Undertaker was gone for months after Nexus attacked him. Immediately upon his return, Triple H challenged him to a match at WrestleMania. In that match, he was beaten so badly that he didn't show up again until 10 months later, when he demanded a rematch from Triple H. In that match, he was beaten so badly that he didn't show up again until 11 months later. Needless to say, Nexus had been broken up for a year and a half at that point, plus he had CM Punk to contend with.

As for Kevin Nash, I really can't be bothered to get that in depth with this, I need to finish this post so I can go join the "Punker's a moron" thread I've recently been notified exists, but I don't see why Nash wouldn't text himself with Triple H's phone. He thought his buddy would have his back. I also don't know how acting alone means he doesn't need permission, when he's still a non-employee entering the ring. Why wouldn't he want a paper trail, in case he got in trouble for that?

...and when the hell did I say WWE is flawless or never makes a mistake? I didn't say one word about the quality of their work. Everything I wrote was in direct response to the lunacy and ignorance of what you wrote. Nothing more, nothing less.

Funny how you ignore everything I say in response to everything you said, but point out the one thing I overlooked. Ok, Undertaker was gone for months after Nexus attacked him. Immediately upon his return, Triple H challenged him to a match at WrestleMania. In that match, he was beaten so badly that he didn't show up again until 10 months later, when he demanded a rematch from Triple H. In that match, he was beaten so badly that he didn't show up again until 11 months later. Needless to say, Nexus had been broken up for a year and a half at that point, plus he had CM Punk to contend with.

As for Kevin Nash, I really can't be bothered to get that in depth with this, I need to finish this post so I can go join the "Punker's a moron" thread I've recently been notified exists, but I don't see why Nash wouldn't text himself with Triple H's phone. He thought his buddy would have his back. I also don't know how acting alone means he doesn't need permission, when he's still a non-employee entering the ring. Why wouldn't he want a paper trail, in case he got in trouble for that?

...and when the hell did I say WWE is flawless or never makes a mistake? I didn't say one word about the quality of their work. Everything I wrote was in direct response to the lunacy and ignorance of what you wrote. Nothing more, nothing less.

EDIT: Also, one last comment on this particular thread topic: given that Vince decided to "give the WWE universe what they deserve" by naming Brad Maddox as GM, and afterwards telling Vickie that he would make it up to her and he would make it right, I think that puts a nice little bow on why he decided to keep his word and let Stephanie's decision stand. Obviously he has bigger plans in mind.

Yeah, man, they suck balls. I mean they gave CM Punk a really long title reign! What morons.

How about Vince get's a new MacBook and hires it as GM..again? Arguably the most frustrating GM plot for many years for me...It could have been something so good but they seemed to forget about it. (although it was good when the Rock was cutting a promo and the "MacBook GM" tried to interrupt - TV gold :)

Can anyone see Maddox being a good GM? I personally like the guy, his facial expressions alone are comical and I think he can be a funny GM that can squirm out of situations. Here's hoping, but I want him to build as a good GM, not just another interim GM until a superstar get's the title for a gimmick for a while (see Regal).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back