• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Garrett Bischoff To Be A Wrestler?

Ferreira

SORRY! About you damn luck!
jackson_james_iw_burak_s.png

The former referee Jackson James was finally announced as Gareth Bischoff, the son of Eric Bischoff.

He attacked his dad during IMPACT Wrestling broadcast last night, and showed that he has at least a good look.

So do you believe TNA will use him as a wrestler? I'm not really sure if he was the quality to wrestle or if was trained to, but if he was, what do you think? Should TNA use it or they have better talent that need time right now and aren't getting it?

Spell his name right, please.

Do I think he should be a wrestler? Sure, if he can wrestle. The guy has a good look on him, he's in shape, him being Bischoff's kid could also play a big part of his character. Now that I think about it, I hope he becomes a wrestler. A good one. We can never have too many of those, can we?

If the guy has some ability, I've got no problem with him being a wrestler. Nothing wrong with that at all. However, what I'm wondering about and what concerns me is if this guy is just a green as a bean rookie that's going to get this high profile spot/feud just because of who his daddy is.

I don't think any of us knows what sort of ability he has. Instinct tells me, however, that there are far superior wrestlers currently on the roster that deserve the television time that this kid's gonna be getting.

this was written last November when he made his debut.
Eric Bischoff’s son, Garrett, has joined TNA as a referee under the name Jackson James. Garrett was the referee in the main event of TNA Turning Point and appears in a segment on this week’s iMPACT.

Word is that Bischoff’s son has been training with Brian Knobbs of The Nasty Boys and that his identity had been kept quiet from people in the company. No word yet if they plan to reveal him as Bischoff’s son on TV.

It's a safe bet. He showed a bit of charisma and passion last night, not in-keeping with the character of a referee. He's also built like a wrestler, has a good look and is getting involved in an angle. And if Gunner and Murphy have taught us anything, it's that in TNA, anyone can become an in-ring talent. Next month, the old catering lady is going to become the newest Knockout. True story.

I'm pretty indifferent as to whether he becomes a wrestler. It's not going to make me like this current angle, but it's certainly not going to dive me away.

Does it really matter? If he can do the basics and not look completely idiotic then why not.

When Dustin Rhodes debuted, for the first time, I NEVER thought he'd turn out to be as good as his resume now reflects. BTW, I am NO WAY saying that he could be as good as Dustin. Just using the example...

So I say go for it, if it fails people will bitch and complain but it won't destroy the company. It would all be forgotten in a year.

I say success can range from a minor David Flair stint that didn't hurt to an actual career.

Failure = Eric Watts, and we came away from that unscathed.

If the guy has some ability, I've got no problem with him being a wrestler. Nothing wrong with that at all. However, what I'm wondering about and what concerns me is if this guy is just a green as a bean rookie that's going to get this high profile spot/feud just because of who his daddy is.

I don't think any of us knows what sort of ability he has. Instinct tells me, however, that there are far superior wrestlers currently on the roster that deserve the television time that this kid's gonna be getting.

I gotta agree with you on the fact of his relationship with his dad is placing him in a main-event storyline such as the one surround Eric Bischoff. The place and TV time that he is taking should be given to an ESTABLISHED TNA WRESTLER!! Their roster is filled with excellent talent that can take the ball and run with it.
Garrett, though he does have a great look to him (and the small amount of training that he's received with Nobbs) should go into a developemental company that can help establish and hone his skills into becoming a wrestler. All the other wrestlers and knockouts have done so already and have proven themselves. To have Garrett just waltz in and start taking spots in a main-event storyline is practically a kick in the groin for the entire roster.
I do hope that he will become a wrestler (if in fact that is what he truly wants to begin with) and will take the appropriate road/steps into becoming one.

He doesn't have to be an amazing wrestler to give us a good storyline bump.

Keep in mind the week we're coming off, Hulk Hogan vs Sting in 2011 (We'd a thought they'd be robots if we heard that title in the 90's)
We also saw a 90s 1 move title match, Garret Bischoff won't need to have any wrestling ability at all in the "wrestling matters" era TNA is playing right now (you know, the wrestling matters that had less than 20 mins of wrestling time)

It's pretty apparent TNA is pushing drama before ability with their current buildups.

Homeboy's got star power. He's got wattage. If they play it right, he can be a big deal. I don't know if he has any wrestling training, but he could be somebody.

TNA using Bischoff's son as a wrestler is something I could see happening. Why not? They have a ready made angle set up from their family connection if he is going to wrestle. Have Bischoff book his son in difficult matches because then they could have him win the matches to gain fan support, he could try standing up to his dad in promos or something. I don't know how well he will do, but they have something pretty easy to start off with if they decide to go that route. If it doesn't work out he could always job or go back to reffing.

I honestly can't see the appeal myself. It comes off as pure nepotism. Why introduce another non-wrestler to take up airtime when we've already got Hogan and Bischoff boring us to tears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back