• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Game ruining trends

Spunky

Lovable degenerate.
Collectables
Practically every game I've played in the past few years requires you to collect something. Of course the trend started a while ago, with games like Mario and Sonic, and others but in this generation where a lot of us a completionists or trophy ****es, it's incredibly likely that whatever game you're playing requires you to "Collect 100% of This Thing" to get a trophy.

Generally this doesn't annoy me too much. The collectable Audio Diaries in the Bioshock games were interesting and fleshed out the world of Rapture. Likewise the Newspapers in LA Noire were important to the story. But shit like "collect a Fuckton feathers for your dead brothers memory" or "shoot all the pidgeons!" are just an irritating excuse for extending the games length.

I'm sure most of you guys have a couple of things that generally annoy the living shit out of you.

Having to collect trophys dosen't bother me, I simply don't take notice of the trophys I have collected or haven't collected. But what really annoyed me was finishing all of the missons in GTA, yet it would still say I had only 64% of the game completed as I didn't kill 100 pigeons. It really set me back after being delighted with myself at first. I'm sure I eventually went to the trouble of finding the locations of the pigeons over the internet, just so it would say I completed the game. It became an obsession.

For me the game ruining trend happens during online play, oh yes guys I am about to explain why I hate: Tea-bagging!

Now I know this isn't apart of every game but this online trend has taken over Halo as well as other games that in which you can crouch. It's stupid to see these guys doing that while I am online, it gets me an easy kill but just the ignorance and desire for someone to want to do that disgusts me. Nothing much else to say on that.

For me the game ruining trend happens during online play, oh yes guys I am about to explain why I hate: Tea-bagging!

Now I know this isn't apart of every game but this online trend has taken over Halo as well as other games that in which you can crouch. It's stupid to see these guys doing that while I am online, it gets me an easy kill but just the ignorance and desire for someone to want to do that disgusts me. Nothing much else to say on that.

Lol the same with me, i was on BF3 last night, and some one on my team killed an enemy with a knife kill and took his dog tags, but then started to crouch and stand, crouch and stand on his head. Im like :wtf: Thats just lame man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back