Game 7's

Big Sexy

Deadly Rap Cannibal
With game 7 of the NBA Finals being tonight I want to pose the question, which sport has the best, most exciting game 7's? NBA, MLB, or NHL?

3. MLB- When it comes to a game 7 I want to see the best each team has to offer and that doesn't always happen in baseball. For a deciding game I want to see both teams number 1 starter on the mound. In baseball because of the rest starting pitchers need that isn't always the case. Sometimes you'll see a number 1 starter vs a 2 or a 2 vs 2. You do sometimes get to see both teams with their ace on the mound but I can't put them ahead of the other two sports when the best each team has to offer isn't always on the field in a deciding game.

2. NBA- Out of all three sports the NBA is by far my favorite but I can't put them in the number one spot for one main reason. Home court advantage. Home court advantage is more prevalent in the NBA then any other sport and it seems to be even more of a factor in the playoffs. Since 1960 in the NBA the home teams are 79-19 in game 7's which is just under 81%. That is an astonishing %. The home team has the advantage here more then any other sport and that's why I don't have them at one.

1. NHL- I put hockey at one because each team has their best possible team out on the ice and home advantage is not as prevalent in the NHL as it is in the NBA. When it comes to the cup finals the home team almost always wins but overall since the NHL went to the 7 game format in the playoffs, the home team has only won 62.5% of the game 7's. A much lower percentage then the NBA. To me nothing beats a game 7 in the NHL playoffs and that is coming from a huge NBA fan.

So which sport has the best, most exciting game 7's?

I have to agree that its from the NHL. I'm abig basketball and football guy, but with the Sharks here i ve become a huge hockey fan. I would go as far as to say that the NHL has the best playoffs, not just the best Game 7s. The excitement of a playoff hockey game is unreal, and hockey fans are as passionate as they come. I found myself watching a lot more hockey playoff games than NBA games.

But back on topic. Yes the NHL Game 7s are the best. As you said, each has their best on the ice for the biggest game. Having home ice isn't as big as in the other major sports. But the atomosphere for a playoff hockey is big, and a Game 7 just makes things that much more intense. Look at Game 6 of this year's Stanley Cup. Philly was rockin. It was an unbelievable crowd. Imagine what it would have been like in Chicago for a Game 7. Overall, the NHL just has the better Game 7s.

For me it's baseball, I know you said not having the number 1 starter out there just doesn't do it fo you, but what makes baseball's version of the game seven the best is that you must defeat the other team, not just let time defeat them.

Everyone knows how baseball game works so we know there is no time limit, meaning a baseball team has to get the other team out before they score, in basketball and hockey you can just play it safe and milk the clock, to me I'd rather see a game 7 in which on one team completly defeats the other.

Obviously I have a bias towards this subject but the game seven of the NLCS in 2006 was one of the greatest game sevens I have ever seen, you wanna talk about drama, that game had it all. For Big Sexy's sake I'll just stop talking about the 2006 playoffs. But for me baseball has all the ingredients for game 7 greatness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back