FYE - Going Out of Business?

TheOneBigWill

[This Space for Rent]
They're shutting down a ton of stores all over Southeastern Iowa. I went in one, near the town I work in.. everything was 50% off - and games were 70% off.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, if still available - would be selling for under $30.00.

Sounds that way, Will. Same things happening down here, and it did before when one of their subsidiaries went belly-up. Not Suncoast, but one of the others. Music something or other.

Edit: Media Play! That's the store I was thinking of.

Shit the mall closest to me used to have Sam Goody, FYE, and Suncoast. Now there's no media store of any kind in the mall save Gamestop, and that ain't going out of business anytime soon. Sam Goody was pretty shit, a lot of space used up and not a lot of CD's on the racks. FYE was the shit for finding lesser known artists so I was a big fan of them. We got a Best Buy, but their selection ain't as good as FYE's was.

Nevertheless, with Netflix and iTunes popularity, brick and mortar Movie and music stores are fucked.

I often find rare wrestling DVDs at fye. This saves me from having to buy them online.

That's what Suncoast is for, with me. Well, that, and their ridiculous low price on Angel and Buffy seasons. And cartoon/anime related t-shirts.

I used to buy Family Guy season DVD sets for great prices at FYE...back when the show was still good. I've also bought some WWE shirts from there.

CD's at my nearest FYE (about an hour away in Gainesville) has CD's outrageously over priced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back