• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Future GMs

The Mark of Zur-En-Arrh

Tell me what's on ur so called mind
It seems like the life time of a GM tends to be no more than 2 years or so and lets review the people who've been the GMs of all 3 brands.

Raw:
Ric Flair
Eric Bischoff
William Regal
Coach (stand in for Regal)
Mike Adamle
Shane McMahon (briefly)

Smackdown:
Vince + Stephanie McMahon
Paul Heyman
Teddy Long
Vickie Guerrero

ECW:
Armadno Allejandro Estrada
T'lo again

Let's just look at what kind of talent those people consist of. We have two McMahons (three if you want to include Shane), the two former owners of Vince's main competition in the 90's, an ex-referee, the widow of a HOF inductee, two in ring competitors (Flair and Regal, not Armando bcoz he started wrestling after being GM), one former manager (two if you want to count T'lo as a manager), and two backstage interviewers (if you count Adamle) and an announcer (not including Coach bcoz again he became an announcer after being GM).

That's a wide variety of talent filling in the 'crazed boss' role that only a fraction of those names have pulled off well. BAsically anyone could be GM. Could we see Todd Grisham as the new SD! GM in a few months. What about Rumjin Singh afte Khali leaves, or our teacher Matt Striker?

Who do you want to see as the next GM?

Striker is gold on the stick so he could be a good GM. Maybe even Santino Marella as the role of comedy jobber can only last for so long and he would bring a different dynamic to the position. I'm sure it would appease members of the Santino fan club.

a_O_c you forgot that Angle was also a GM of Smackdown for a while after Paul Heyman got drafted to RAW, but I'll let it slide because I like ur idea you got here, who could be the next GM, well first glance I wasn't really sure, but here's what I got.

Shawn Micheals:

K, maybe not the next one, but I could see him being one in 2-4 years. He's got lots of energy and works the mic well. We would definitly be an Austin type GM, playing to the crowd and giving the faces the matches they want instead of the heels.

Ric Flair

Again, with his release, maybe not the next one, but in a year or so definitly. He's already had the role before, so he knows how to do it. He loves working in this bussiness and I think will always continue to do so, even if he doesn't wrestle anymore and I can't see the WWE not bring him back soon when he wants to.

JBL

K, seen him wrestle again, think he maybe should've never come back. It' been rough watching JBL at times, but I could really see him quit wrestling when Adamles turn as GM is over and taking over for him. He's got heat, he's good on the mic and he has an enflated sence of ego that would work well when given that kind of power.

Val Venis

Hear me out, there has to be a reason why Val Venis is still around, he's good at putting people over but other than that. I heard once that Vince has plans to move him into WWE Headquarters after he's done. Either office job, WWE ambassador (I guess like Ron Simmons or Chris Nowinski) or maybe creative, but perhaps he becomes JBL's assistant, but an actual good assistant to counter JBL's badside and I think that could work well. Then after JBL maybe he could. Then at some point he could turn bad. It's a longshot, but maybe.

William Regal

He had it, I don't think he'll get it back soon, but maybe down the road. He's been in a position of power a number of times, recent GM stint and numorous times as commish, and I thought he was always good at it.

Matt Striker

Would've said yes before, but I think he's found his home in the announce table. He is a damn good colour commentator amd I think that's where he should stay.

Santino Marella

He's Santino Marella, enough said.

the next one... A tough choice but probably some veteran looking for some ring time off.

Maybe Vickie will have some sort of problem and leave Edge as GM of Smackdown. I know it isn't a good idea but at least Vickie wont be there anymore :p

Raw- Ric Flair prior experience and great mic skills and charisma. He's retired frome being an in-ring worker so.

Smackdown- Chavo Guerrero could take over for a disgruntled Vickie since he's the closest to her because of Eddie. R.I.P man.

ECW- Tommy Dreamer he isn't doing anything wrestling for ECW. But he could build up the future extremists of tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back