Funeral songs.

Richard

Mid-Card Championship Winner
At a funeral I went to today, there were a few songs played but none of them were songs that they liked or have said they wanted at their funeral. It got me thinking about the song that I wanted played at the conclusion of my funeral. I would have...

My Chemical Romance - Welcome to the Black Parade
It would be the perfect song for me to have at my funeral considering it is from my faveourite band and it's a fitting song for a funeral too with a positive outlook on life and to celebreate the life of someone instead of mourning it. The lyrics are positive too; "We'll carry on, we'll carry on and though you're dead and gone believe me, your memory will carry on".

So what would you have as your funeral song?

I've only been to two funerals (thankfully), and both had music that was best fitting for the person that had passed. At mine, I'll have a whole setlist set in my will.

I'd like to have Simple Man played at my funeral. It's a very fitting song for how I try and live, and I can't help but think of my parents when I hear it. I'd prefer the original, but Shinedown's would work as well.

I'd also like Don't Cry to be played. Not the original, but the version with Shannon Hoon on backing vocals. It's a very sentimental song, and would be fitting for how I'd want people to feel.

There's a long, long list of songs that I'd want played, so I won't list more than those two. Although, I'd have one song there to make everyone laugh. Completely unexpected also. I'm leaning towards Bicycle Race, but I may also go with something from Weird Al.

This Time Imperfect- AFI

I became a huge fan of them right before this album came out, and when I first listened to it, I was in love. The song has some lines that relate to death, and it makes it fitting. Unfortunately this song was a hidden track on their album "Sing The Sorrow," or I suspect it would have done quite well.

[youtube]mAy03CLfoFw[/youtube]

I have one and that is it.

A Tout le Monde - Megadeth

It is a brilliant song this would more than likely be the new version with Christina Scabbia singing with Dave Mustaine. The Message within the song is one of moving on with life while honouring the one that has died.

A tout le monde
A tout les amis
Je vous aime
Je dois partir​

This translates to

To all the world,
To all my friends,
I love you,
I have to leave​

This implies a closing of one door for the friends and family.

[youtube]-lppaDbqLQk[/youtube]

I have one and that is it.

A Tout le Monde - Megadeth

It is a brilliant song this would more than likely be the new version with Christina Scabbia singing with Dave Mustaine. The Message within the song is one of moving on with life while honouring the one that has died.

A tout le monde
A tout les amis
Je vous aime
Je dois partir​

This translates to

To all the world,
To all my friends,
I love you,
I have to leave​

This implies a closing of one door for the friends and family.

[youtube]-lppaDbqLQk[/youtube]

This is one of the many songs that I could've listed. I like the original, and think it's one of Megadeth's best songs. But, the redux version with Cristina is amazing. Her voice meshes really well with Dave's, and the song is just heavier overall. You feel the emotion a lot more in that version also.

I have thought about what would play at my funeral.

One song that's gonna play is Wheat Kingsby the Tragically Hip. The sound is so heartfelt, and the vocals are eerie. It absolutely fits the occasion, and will leave the guests with something to think about.

Second, and it'll probably be the opening, is Brackish by Kittie, just cause of the line " She is not scared to die", which I can change to "he", with no problem at all.

i have discussed this with friends and family many times. weird yes, but very important. i hate funeral music...

1. The Show Must Go On--Queen. Simply put, this ultimate song. plus, freddie just sang his heart out on it. This was on their last album Innuendo. It was released after freddie had passed on. He was already very sick, but to May's surprise, when the time came to record the vocals, Mercury consumed a measure of vodka and said "I'll fucking do it darling!" then proceeded to nail the vocal line in one take without problems. To this day, Brian May regards this vocal performance as one of Mercury's best.

[youtube]4ADh8Fs3YdU[/youtube]

2. Who Wants to Live Forever--Queen. No explanation needed....
[youtube]OgK_keIJq-4[/youtube]

3.See You on the Other Side--Ozzy Osbourne. This song was played at my cousin's funeral. it totally fit him as it does me.
[youtube]u_CQcrwgFyw[/youtube]

Just play all Queen the whole time. what can is say, I love Freddie Mercury!!

This is an easy one for me, as I have already decided it a long time ago and I will have it in my will whenever I actually have something worth writing a will for.

The song I want played at the end of my funeral is:

Bone Thugs-n-Harmony - Tha Crossroads

[youtube]/v/Xpmr8Shy_UA&hl=en&fs=1"[/youtube]

For some reason this song always brings a few tears to my eyes whenever I listen to it. I guess it just makes me think of the people I have lost in my life and reflect on the good times. So really I just want this song to tell my loved ones when I've passed that I will see them again one day and that I will miss them until then.

There's alot of songs that I have thought that I wanna play at my funeral when God tells me that it's my time to go.

Anyways my choice is a song that I want to be played at my funeral.

1. All My Life by K-Ci & JoJo
[youtube]LFhEL-hjxqs[/youtube]

K-Ci & JoJo are my favorite R&B group & this is my favorite song of theirs. This song always brings tears to my eyes everytime I listen to it. It just makes me reflect on the hardships of my life, makes me think of the times that I have screwed up in my life & it makes me appreciate things alot more often. I want this song to let people reflect on the impact that I made in their lives & to think of me in a positive light(at least I hope).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back