Fuller House Is Officially Coming To Netflix

JamJam

It's goin' down forreal!
It’s happening: Netflix has ordered a 13-episode season of Fuller House. John Stamos will produce the Full House sequel and guest star in his reprised role of Uncle Jesse. Candace Cameron-Bure, Jodie Sweetin and Andrea Barber will star. Discussions with other Full House cast members Bob Saget, Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, Dave Coulier and Lori Loughlin are said to be "ongoing." Jeff Franklin returns as the show’s creator.

Fuller House continues the Full House adventures, albeit this time with a gender reversal. Pregnant and recently widowed DJ Tanner-Fuller (Cameron-Bure) is living with her younger sister (Sweetin) and lifelong best friend (Barber) and her "feisty" teenage daughter. All join to help raise DJ’s two boys and prepare for the birth of the new baby.

Full House originally aired from 1987 to 1995 as a comedy series following three men raising three young girls in San Francisco. "The continued support of Full House fans of all ages for the last 28 years has been astounding," said Franklin in a joint statement with the shows executive producers Robert L. Boyett and Thomas L. Miller. "It is an honor and a thrill to catch up with these beloved characters and explore their lives today. The love you saw on the show was real. The cast has remained a loving family off screen all these years. We are as excited as our fans to finally bring Full House back to life."
PREMISE: Candace Cameron-Bure, Jodie Sweetin and Andrea Barber are set to star, reprising their roles as D.J. Tanner-Fuller, Stephanie Tanner and Kimmy Gibbler, while John Stamos will serve as a producer and guest-star as Uncle Jesse.

In the continuation, due to debut in 2016, veterinarian D.J. is pregnant and recently widowed, living in San Francisco. Her younger sister, aspiring musician Stephanie, and lifelong best friend/fellow single mom Kimmy, along with Kimmy’s feisty teenage daughter Ramona, all move in to help take care of D.J.’s two boys — rebellious 12-year-old J.D. and neurotic 7-year-old Max — and her soon-to-arrive baby.
SOURCE: http://www.theverge.com/entertainment/2015/4/21/8460645/fuller-house-is-officially-coming-to-netflix

I'm a big fan of Full House so for it to be coming back despite a different premise has me excited. Seeing as to how Boy Meets World's spin-off Girl Meets World is doing well, I fully expect Fuller House to do well too. John Stamos first announced this show on Jimmy Kimmel Live. He'll be producing and guest starring in some episodes. Very interested to see who comes back to guest star. Rumor has it that the Olsen twins won't be making an appearance but the main three characters in Full House, Dan Saget, Dave Coulier, and John Stamos are confirmed to guest star. Really looking forward to this.

Discuss.

Damn, the Tanner's have absolutely zero luck when it comes to life mates but then again I can't really blame them for sticking to a formula that worked so well for them. As a fan of the original show I'm pretty excited for this, I love shows that are mindless entertainment. Usually I would be wary but since I've seen every episode of Girl Meets World so far it gives me hope this show will have the familiar but fresh quality that GMW has.

My only real worry is my favorite characters in the show aren't really apart of it anymore, it sounds like Uncle Jesse, Joey and Danny will just pop in here and there so I hope they make good use of them.

I've been watching a ton of Full House lately so it's going to be awesome to see some new episodes.

I grew up watching Full House like almost every 90's kid, and I still put it on as background noise a lot of the time since it's on television quite often.

There's something about 90's sitcoms that are just special, especially those that revolved around families and good moral values. From Fresh Prince of Bel Air to Boy Meets World to Full House to Family Matters... they just don't make shows like these anymore. So it's nice to see them making a little comeback with Girl Meets World and now Fuller House.

I will definitely check this out and hope it does well. I'm sure they'll be honest to the spirit of the original Full House series and give us a ton of great nostalgia as well.

I don't know what excites me more this or the sequel to Seasons 1 & 2 of Digimon. This new formula of making spin-offs or sequels to 90s TV shows gives me great enthusiasm. I'm also glad to see that Sweetin is coming back as I've heard she had some personal turmoil since the show ended. I wish the Olsen Twins will make a guess appearance on there. However, can't complain if they don't as the return of Uncle Jesse & Joey is more than enough.

At first I thought they killed off Steve. Nah, apparently DJ married some other dude. What a ****e.

Also, why are they making such a big deal about getting the Olsen twins? They aren't toddlers anymore, you only need one of them.

Can't believe they got Kimmy to come out of retirement.

Fuller House will need a storyline arc. There needs to be something unresolved that keeps the audience coming back. Maybe DJ and Steve could revisit their relationship.

I'm excited for Fuller House. Maybe Netflix can air one-off specials for other sitcoms too. Family Matters, Home Improvement, and Newsradio had very unresolved endings. Their core audiences would love an update on those shows.

In the non-sitcom sphere:

I need to see McGuyver turn a ball of string into a bazooka one more time.

Full House was a fun show. It always entertained me. I know the acting wasn't perfect, but who cares? Frasier won tons of Emmy's and it bored me to tears. Fuller House will pick up where Full House left off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back