• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Frustrating Results

ShinChan

Gone. For. Good.
The title says it all.

1. Brock Lesnar defeated The Undertaker at Wrestlemania XXX.
2. Triple H defeated Sting at Wrestlemania XXXI.
3. Roman Reigns defeated Braun Strowman at Fastlane.

I'll probably think of more soon.

Something amusing to me: Roman Reigns is undefeated at Fastlane. He is 3-0 defeating the likes of Daniel Bryan, Dean Ambrose/Brock Lesnar and Braun Strowman. :worship:

Off the top of my head, the two that may have frustrated me the most were Luger/Flair at the '88 Great American Bash and Lawler/Von Erich at Superclash 3. I am actually amenable to blood stoppage finishes but to call a match when the winning wrestler is on the verge of submission is goofier than shit. What really irritated me about these two examples are that they were very compelling match ups until the idiotic finishes, especially the Luger match where he was barely even bleeding.

Am I the only person who was fine with Strowman losing at Fastlane?
Nah, I am fine too. Reigns has to go to Undertaker and Strowman had nowhere to go after win. Even before the match I said that its either Undertaker interference or Roman winning. Booking wise, it makes more sense.

Cm Punk vs HHH at Night of Champions 2011. Red hot Punk after his summer losing clean in nonsensical storyline where HHH pal Kevin Nash was included. Has no sense at all.

The title says it all.

3. Roman Reigns defeated Braun Strowman at Fastlane.

Reigns has to go to Undertaker and Strowman had nowhere to go after win. Even before the match I said that its either Undertaker interference or Roman winning. Booking wise, it makes more sense.

Pretty much that. I expected Taker to interfere, but since he didn't, Reigns winning was the only logical outcome.

Ryback losing to Mark Henry and then getting to challenge Cena for the title the very next night is another one. Same thing happened to Styles when he lost to Jericho inexplicably as well.

Ryback losing to Punk at HIAC. Should have won that. Rock screwed that up.

Edge beating Matt Hardy to end their fued over Lita. The bad guy stole the girl and won. Way to make Matt look like a geek.

One that irks me is Floyd Mayweather JR defeating The Big Show in a wrestling match at Wrestlemania. I know we're supposed to suspend our reality when it comes to wrestling but, that was just a fuck off moment for me. Plus I can't stand Mayweather so that made it worse.

Reigns over Stroman

Cena over Aj Styles for no discernable benefit at Rumble

Cena over Kevin Owens 67 straight times after their first match

Cena over Rusev 67 straight times after their first match

Triple H over Sting at WM

Cena over Lesnar in his return match

HHH over Orton at Unforgiven 2004.

HHH over Orton at No Mercy 2007 in the opening match just to give Hunter a title reign.

HHH over Orton at Mania 25 because he had to cut the heat Orton had in half instead of letting him be the super heel. Take out the owner of the company, his son and daughter and take the title off his son-in-law. He got the title the next month in a tag match... JUST DO THE CHANGE AT MANIA!

Punk over Ryback, and probably the worst one of the modern era, The Rock over punk to end Punk's historic run so he could waltz into the WM main event.

No wonder Punk quit, man :lmao:

HHH over Booker T at Mania 19
Kane vs HHH anytime in 2002 for the world title
Jericho over AJ at Mania 32
Rock over Cena at Mania 28(?)

King Cuerno vs Fenix, Last Luchador Standing. I still enjoyed it, but I was just hoping Cuerno would come out on top.

Aztec Warfare 2. Matanza is hyped near perfect and looks great. Then by the time he comes out and the first initial spots it's so great. Then in literally the same match I got numb realizing how repetitive and uninteresting he was in comparison to at least 40% of the other entrants. Pentagon Jr. Wasn't in this, and Mil looked pretty awful after getting pinned easier than guys who had been in there 10x longer. Fenix also lost this on his first defense after a spectacle of a match with Mil.

Dean vs Rollins hell in a cell still kind of bugs me despite that being one of my favorite matches in recent time. Between Wyatt / Ambrose/ and Rollins there is a heavy, heavy list of matches that I wish went in a different direction.

Am I the only person who was fine with Strowman losing at Fastlane?

Styles vs. Cena (Royal Rumble 2017)

What a moment that would've been had Styles won!

Funnily enough most of the WWE results I disliked involved Cena.

One that also annoyed me was the Legacy triple threat at WM. Forgive me, I don't know which one it was, all the Manias from 21-28 kinda blur together. Anyway I was hoping for Ted Jr. To win (At the time I thought between him and Cody he would be the one to break out...) I wouldn't have minded Cody winning either. But Orton winning I felt was very pointless.

Austin Aries vs Jeff Hardy at BFG 2012 is one that stands out. Aries was such a great champion and could've carried TNA but all of this was sacrificed for Jeff's redemption story.

Tanahashi vs Okada Wrestle Kingdom 9. Perfect build, perfect time to pass the torch. But then the wrong result. They fixed their mistake next year, but the payoff wasn't quite as effective. Like Rock vs Cena in a way (though I would've preferred "Once in a Lifetime" with Rock winning. Is my bias showing yet? Lol)

ヒュー G. レックション;5671869 said:
Austin Aries vs Jeff Hardy at BFG 2012 is one that stands out. Aries was such a great champion and could've carried TNA but all of this was sacrificed for Jeff's redemption story.

I was torn on that. I agree Aries was a great champ but Jeff's redemption made sense. Of course they could have had it where Aries beat him and Jeff then win at Genesis, lose at Lockdown to someone else through nefarious means and have Aries in the title picture beating that guy, but TNA aren't exactly great with long term planning

Not a singular result, but them not ever putting the NXT straps on Enzo and Cass was pretty frustrating.

I remember the Hardy-Aries feud. Aries was red hot at the time and within months it came to an end very soon. To be fair, I couldn't see Aries as the guy leading the roster against As&8s and I guess his career after wasn't too bad, as that loss actually led to his pairing with Roode.

I can't believe Roode-Storm at Lockdown wasn't mentioned. They set up this wonderful match and intense feud only for Roode to keep the title when Storm was finally ready for his title win. Disappointing.

Jericho over Edge at Mania 26.

Edge was coming off of his surprise return and win at the Rumble and with the built in story of Jericho bragging about Edge being injured and wanting to re injure him I thought it was Edge's time to win the title at Mania.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back