• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

From the Vault

timmy872

Pre-Show Stalwart
Ok, Im not sure if this happens in the U.S. But every week when I watch Smackdown in the United Kingdom, there is a "From the Vault" match such as this week Chavo Guerrero vs. The Hurricane from Smackdown about 2002, I just simply wondered why they do this? And does it happen in the US. The matches always seem to be related somehow to current WWE events or be a match with someone who is out from Injury. This week it was promoting the return of Hurricane Helms.

Just wondered?

I always thought we got "From the Vault" during Smackdown and the re-runs of Raw as there are a lot more commercial breaks in the American broadcast's than there is in the UK versions. So they have to put in something to fill out the time slot for the program.

That's exactly right. If you watch the Raw live feed, there are long pauses between the adverts ending and the show restarting, usually they just show the title screen of Raw. This is because a 1 hour programme here has around 50 minutes of television, where as American TV has only 44.

The Vault are usually matches that were held arounf the same time in the year in the last 5 or 6 years. Generally, they are heavily edited and quite rubbish. Frankly, I'd prefer it if they just shortened the length of the programme by ten minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back