• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

From Before You Were Born - Your Current Playlist

Барбоса

doesn't know REAL wrestling...
Not entirely sure why this entered my head but I thought it might be an interesting, if potentially depressing subject for when some of you young whippersnappers post an early Oasis song or the like.

So what songs are on your current music playlist from before you were born?

Watching a few old House episodes got me to want to add from the philosopher Jagger.

The inclusion of the YCAGWYW also encouraged me to add this one. Been on a bit of a Stones kick recently and this replaced Gimme Shelter, which had been on the list for many moons.

One the recently deceased great man's many, many, many wonderful songs.

This is one that I am something of a loss to explain. It is completely mindless disco-pop with a subject that is totally out there but dammit if it is not catchy as hell.

There's quite a few to be honest, but probably the 2 oldest ones are

and

Take Five is probably my favourite between the two of them, but I do love the contrast of the jauntiness of the instruments with the dark matter of the lyrics in Mack the Knife.

Anything from The Doors, Jimi Hendrix, Bob Marley, Peter Tosh, Led Zepplin, Grandmaster Flash, Afrika Bambaataa, Beastie Boys' License to Ill album, there are a ton of artists I could list that were around before I was born.

Most of the stuff I own is from before I was born, mostly because 90% of everything from the 80's onwards is a pile of crap. Mostly I listen to Van Morrison, Nick Drake, Fleetwood Mac, Stevie Wonder, Simon and Garfunkle.

Too many artists and songs to name. But mostly R&B. Marvin Gaye, Lamont Dozier, Donald Byrd, Hank Mobley, Herbie Hancock, Stevie Wonder, Hall & Oates, just to name a few.

Lots of Eric Clapton, including Cream and the Yardbirds. Your standard arrangement of classic metal, including your Sabbath, your Zeppelin, your Deep Purple. The Clash.

The stuff I have closest to my year of birth, but still before I was born, is just like some grungey stuff. Soundgarden, GNR, and so on, from the early 90's.

A lot of my music library actually

Guns N Roses
Faith No More
The Doors
Jimi Hendrix
Joy Division
Led Zepplin
Mother Love Bone
Metallica
Ramones
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Queen
Skid Row
Van Halen

That's roughly it I think

Amongst the oldest stuff I listen to quite regularly.

[YOUTUBE]t3bjMtqpGBw&list=FLsTBGrKJjXapoYWAH2Shknw&index=32&feature=plpp_video[/YOUTUBE] [YOUTUBE]1h1oRP7FfBw[/YOUTUBE]

And not quite as old but more on virtue of the fact that I like em.

[YOUTUBE]Amzp7W0RkPA&list=FLsTBGrKJjXapoYWAH2Shknw&index=89&feature=plpp_video[/YOUTUBE] [YOUTUBE]XSCJJkFgt_w[/YOUTUBE]

Барбоса;4173673 said:

This is one that I am something of a loss to explain. It is completely mindless disco-pop with a subject that is totally out there but dammit if it is not catchy as hell.

Hell yeah! Cracking song.

Iron Maiden, Tupac, Biggie Smalls, Guns 'N' Roses, Nas, Metallica, The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, and Black Sabbath.

Nas, Biggie and Tupac weren't exactly from before I was born but whatever.

My current "This shit helps me sleep" playlist... Random, eh?

[YOUTUBE]IXdNnw99-Ic[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]TdAEmX0OpMk[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]OMD8hBsA-RI[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]OzMJhOwBLqw[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]ExN4OmETx5o[/YOUTUBE]
(As I am actual friends with Igor Cavalera Jr, I figured I'd post it, for the nod)

Барбоса;4173673 said:

Asshole...

[YOUTUBE]UZh8YjbDiVk[/YOUTUBE]

I consider this to be one of the greatest songs ever written, and I'm not even from New York. I've never even been to New York. But I do love Billy Joel, and this is easily my favorite song. Excuse the quality, this is a very early version; quite possibly the earliest on the internet.

Here's a much more recent version, with little Billy all grown up and playing guest to the great Bruce Springsteen at Madison Square Garden.

[YOUTUBE]DZq5hy2RsvM[/YOUTUBE]

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back