• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

FOX Business vs. The Muppets

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
Last week on Fox Business Network's Follow the Money, host Eric Bolling spoke with conservative Dan Gainor of Media Research Center about the new film The Muppets.

He claims that using an evil oil tycoon named Tex Richman is just the latest attempt to "indoctrinate" children to be against big business.

He said: "It's amazing how far the left will go just to manipulate your kids, to convince them, give the anti-corporate message. They've been doing it for decades. Hollywood, the left, the media, they hate the oil industry. They hate corporate America. And so you'll see all these movies attacking it, whether it was Cars 2, which was another kids' movie, the George Clooney movie Syriana, There Will Be Blood, all these movies attacking the oil industry, none of them reminding people what oil means for most people: fuel to light a hospital, heat your home, fuel an ambulance to get you to the hospital if you need that. And they don't want to tell that story.

This is what they're teaching our kids. You wonder why we've got a bunch of Occupy Wall Street people walking around all around the country, they've been indoctrinated, literally, for years by this kind of stuff. Whether it was Captain Planet or Nickelodeon's Big Green Help, or The Day After Tomorrow, the Al Gore-influenced movie, all of that is what they're teaching, is that corporations is bad, the oil industry is bad, and ultimately what they're telling kids is what they told you in the movie The Matrix: that mankind is a virus on poor old mother Earth."

http://www.411mania.com/movies/news...es-The-Muppets-Of-Indoctrinating-Children.htm

To anyone that has seen the movie, I say.......REALLY?

For those that haven't seen it,

Tex Richman raps about how money is important, has a bear in a suit as his henchman, is hit by a bowling ball in the end of the movie to mess up his mind and make him change his mind, and instead of laughing like most villains, he literally says the words maniacal laugh over and over again. Not to mention, HIS NAME IS TEX RICHMAN. The guy is the walking definition of a parody.

Evil corporations (I assume that something like that is the main antagonist in the film as it doesn't come out until February here) are almost as generic a bad guy as the Nazi's in Hollywood, so I've no idea why he thinks this is new.

Also I forgot: the reason the Muppets hate him is because he lies and says he wants to turn their studio into a museum when he really wants to destroy it and get the oil underneath it.

In other words, it's ok to lie as long as you make a buck. I wonder if FOX puts that on their business cards.

Apparently Fox didn't see the movie because the Muppet's were all FOR Tex Richman before they found out they were being lied to, not because of the oil. Yes Tex was a parody of corporate greed but so what, I forgot oil tycoons are the only one's ever parodied in the history of pop culture.

I sure hope these fucks have never seen South Park (specifically the coon and friends trilogy) I'm pretty sure they would have a heart attack.

Also I forgot: the reason the Muppets hate him is because he lies and says he wants to turn their studio into a museum when he really wants to destroy it and get the oil underneath it.

What's funny is that I remember reading in Roger Ebert's review of the film that this part of the movie was inspired by true events. So basically, this guy from Fox News is bitching over something that could have possibly happened in real life when oil was struck on the 20th Century-Fox ranch.

Besides, it's always hilarious when people whine about how liberal Hollywood films are. Here's an idea: If you want more movies with conservative views in it, then more conservatives should become filmmakers. It's not Hollywood's fault if the most talented film writers and directors just so happen to be liberal.

I've come to the conclusion that we live in the wacky universe parallel to the one where everything makes sense and this isn't a real thing that is on television.

Something else that comes to me:

The movie is about the Muppets wanting to preserve things the way they are while the oil guy wants to change them.

Doesn't that sound like the Muppets are conservative and the oil guy is liberal?

Something else that comes to me:

The movie is about the Muppets wanting to preserve things the way they are while the oil guy wants to change them.

Doesn't that sound like the Muppets are conservative and the oil guy is liberal?

In the strictest sense of the word, yes, but conservative and liberal are used in pretty different, more or less arbitrary ways these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back