• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Four Horsemen Returning?

TheOneBigWill

[This Space for Rent]
This is nothing more than random thought & pure speculation, but with William Regal being challenged to "find himself" & then the mysterious shot to Ric Flair, which as a result kept him in the company..

Does anyone see Ric Flair & William Regal reforming a version of the Four Horsemen, as Flair is seemingly on his last leg in the company? I could completely see a Horsemen group come together at the Royal Rumble, which would end up giving Ric Flair the Rumble victory.

Its more than a random long shot, I'm sure, but its still a possibility none the less. What are everyone's thoughts? If you think it'd happen, who do you think would join Flair & Regal, if they were to be the first two, of four?

I'd assume it'd be a Tag Team, possibly Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch, although neither of them seem to fit the Horsemen criteria. If they were to take a heel run at this, I could definately see it involving Mr. Kennedy as well.

What is everyone's overall opinion & thought on this possibly happening? Please be detailed with your opinions & give in-depth replies. Thank you.

As a huge fan of Ric Flair and the Horsemen, I don't see any version of the Horsemen being revived anytime soon. Besides, with Regal's lack of aggression last night against Hornswoggle, would he really be Horseman-worthy anyway? :)

Would I enjoy seeing the Horsemen riding again? Absolutely and the heel version of the Horsemen was always the best version.

Who of the active roster could be Horsemen? Edge? He's got his own little stable working right now with the Major brothers. Perhaps throw Evolution (Triple H, Ric, Batista) together with Mr. Kennedy? That would probably be the quickest way to do it.

But if the Horsemen do re-appear, would that also mean we'd get to hear Arn Anderson on the mic again?

As a huge fan of Ric Flair and the Horsemen, I don't see any version of the Horsemen being revived anytime soon. Besides, with Regal's lack of aggression last night against Hornswoggle, would he really be Horseman-worthy anyway? :)

Well, that was kinda my basis for starting the thread. William Regal couldn't attack a defenseless midget, whom Mr. McMahon wanted him to "destroy."

However, at the end of the show, this could go either way. Regal v. Flair at the Rumble, or Regal & Flair joining up after Regal reveals he has aggression & wants to use it against McMahon. Also, Regal is still G.M. & it'd make a decent storyline for the Horsemen to "run" Raw.

Would I enjoy seeing the Horsemen riding again? Absolutely and the heel version of the Horsemen was always the best version.

See, thats the only problem. Ric Flair in practically every match he'll have now, will always (likely) be considered the underdog, because if he loses, he's gone. So would they really want to run him as a heel through that?

Who of the active roster could be Horsemen? Edge? He's got his own little stable working right now with the Major brothers. Perhaps throw Evolution (Triple H, Ric, Batista) together with Mr. Kennedy? That would probably be the quickest way to do it.

Meh, I wasn't thinking Edge, or any of Evolution. Mr. Kennedy had come to mind. I was thinking possibly a mixture. Flair, Regal, & possibly a tag team, like Cade & Murdoch, or John Morrison & Elijah Burke?

But if the Horsemen do re-appear, would that also mean we'd get to hear Arn Anderson on the mic again?

I'd forsee Arn being the manager, or spokes-person, but I don't know if they'd use him either. Its really hard to picture a decent version of the Horsemen with the roster they have.. but its not out of the question.

Ric Flair and the Four Horsemen. Wow, I'd love that to happen. I doubt it would, but it is possible (heck, if the WWE will bring back DX, nWo and the like, why not!)

Arn would definitely be the spokesperson, maybe take a bump here or there, but NEVER an active wrestler. And, yes, Regal couldn't beat up the little person, but remember back when he had that mean streak? He was as tough as they come. A great mat technician, a good brawler, deadly hands, can use his knees and cheat with the best of them. Regal definitely has what it takes to be a part of the Horsemen. He's kinda' got that tough gentleman thing going on. Kinda' reminds me of Jason Statham except older and uglier.

But who else would join? I think DH Smith, Finlay and Mr. Kennedy are the possibilities. Everyone obviously knows why Kennedy, so let me tell you about Smith and Finlay.

Finlay is the same as Regal, except WAY more of a tough guy. He could be the enforcer of the group - not in the muscley sense, but in the kick-your-butt-and-beat-you-down sense. DH Smith because he's a generational wrestler who has great in-ring ability and can get the crowd behind him. He's got great potential, and I'm sure Flair can see that in him.

A Tag Team? It's always most likely, but there's not a tag team around that is anywhere near Horseman-worthy

I think Holly and Rhodes would fit in with Regal and Flair. If the Horsemen are brought back, it will most likely be a short term stable, so it will not hold Cody down from moving on to singles competition. It will also be a push for Cody and give Flair and Regal one last chance to be in the spotlight.

In the WCW days the Horsemen had a good young tagteam (Malenko and Benoit) and you knew that one of them (Benoit) would be great one day, the same could happen with Rhodes. Plus, maybe Dusty could manage them instead of Arn.

It's to late for a horseman gimmick .Flair is going to stay face and retire at Mania. It is time for him to retire as a wrestler and become a manager and if his son Reid can come around in a couple of years then maybe the Horsemen will ride again.

I don't see why a new faction has to be billed as the Four Horsemen just because Flair is in it. Why can't we just have like another Evolution. Just a new faction, no need to compare it with anything form the past.

There will never again be another 4 Horsemen with Ric Flair in it. They did that a few years back with Evolution. The whole point of Evolution was how wrestling has changed and their stable was the modern 4 Horsemen. Plus, it seems incredibly likely that Ric Flair will be retiring soon, as he can't keep winning for forever, and so the timetable to bring a Horsemen re-union is small. And, there's always that pesky Chris Benoit thing hanging around as well.

OMG I thought the same thing when Regal attacked Flair, is the Four Horseman coming back and he did that to save Flair's career? It would be cool. I'm not sure what is up with Regal though is he gonna wrestle again? As a heel or face?
Even if Flair does retire at Wrestlemania they could keep the stable going and Flair as a manger, there were rumors he signed a few years contract I though?
Anyways we need more stables and factions back in the WWE, I guess the EdgeHeads was a start of that.

On Smackdown, M.V.P. was talking to someone on a cell phone & mentioned he wanted to be the one to end Ric Flair's career. Again, just like the mystery with William Regal, I see this being one huge set-up against Vince McMahon.

I now see Ric Flair, William Regal & M.V.P. being united. The fourth member could very well be John Morrison.

It wouldn't hurt any of their single's careers to join the collective group of the Four Horsemen, because during the days of Benoit, Malenko, & McMicheal.. all of them got great single's pushes, & they helped each other. I think if anything, this could be the next big step for M.V.P.

I'm very much in favour of this, but unsure who I'd like involved. I'd guess HHH is a given really, so that probably means HBK would be involved as well. But then they're all really old! If it's just Evolution 2.0 I fail to see the point, but something could certainly work. Bring back bikertaker? Edge really is not at a;ll worthy of the distinction, IMO. Cody Rhodes, and have Dusty somehow involved? Carli... just NO! I dunno, but I'm all for it!

There's no way the Horsemen should be brought back in any capacity. The original horseman are largely done wrestling and bringing any youngsters in is only going to serve to dilute the Horsemen's legacy. I definitely think a new stable would be good but it should be new and original.

I wish people would give up these pointless rumors......there's very little chance of the Four Horsemen or Hart Foundation coming back....any reincarnation of those 2 groups (because u know ALL of the originals cant get back in the ring) would be an insult to the respective legacies.....also, with the back and forth tension between Hogan and McMahon, chances are, there'll never be a Hogan-Austin at any wrestlemania unless Nick Hogan and some unknown illegitimate child of Stone Cold make their way into the world of wrestling years in the future

I would never want to see Regal or Finlay in the Horsemen. They just don't seem to fit the bill. I don't believe Regal lacks aggression either. He had no problem attacking Torrie after his match with Tajiri during the Invasion period.

I don't want to see a return of the Horsemen...Let flair go out in style..but I would love to see a horsemen run-in. Flair is in danger of losing a match with edge and the edgeheads run-in....then Arn Anderson and (whatever original horsemen is still available) do a run-in the save flair...

it woud be amazing!!

It would be amazing but the Horsemen of the 80's cannot and shouldn't try to be redone, it couldn't be redone. Burke mentioned for the horsemen? morrison.........???? MVP with a complete character makeover, but that would kill his gimmick in some ways now, but a def maybe? HHH, i'd love it, but him nor HBK would fit currently, plus Horsemen with long hair??? I love long hair and just cut mine off for job interviews, but I can't see it. Just looked over all 3 rosters pages, and no way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back