A new Four Horsemen group???

I love this idea. I think TNA will have an incarnation of the Four Horsemen in the future and the name Apocalypse sounds perfect. As for the members, I would go with:

Ric Flair as the manager. He's career speaks for itself, so he may as well speak for those who can't. Besides, he is THE Horsemen, if not Apocalypse himself. I mean that in a good way.

A. J. Styles as the leader. He's the only TNA Grand Slam Champion. He's been there since day one. He's the Face (and now Heel) of TNA. Let's face it. He's doing a pretty good job now. With two - three more Stars behind him, and who knows where he'll go.

Kurt Angle as a member. A TNA Triple Crown Champion. He knows all about the advantages in strength in numbers. He's accomplished it all in TNA and at this point, being World Champion can take a back seat to putting the rest of the locker over. He adds credibility and experience. We've seen what he can do at the helm, but putting him behind A. J. gives him a fresh "angle" to work with.

Samoa Joe as a member. A TNA Triple Crown Champion. This version of the Horsemen doesn't have to be all about suits and all that. Joe fit in fine in the M. E. Mob, and with his history with A. J. and Angle should help him fit in with this group. He can play any role in any division at anytime. I don't know about the Ninjas, but maybe we can just forget about that part.

Sting as a part time member / manager, associate. We all know the Stinger was a Horsemen. We all know Sting was in the Wolfpac. We all know he was the God-Father of the M. E. Mob. We all know he was still a Face in a Heel faction. This time however, things have changed. What better way to cement his Heel turn than by joining Flair and do bad stuff?? Seriously, Sting doesn't have to wear a suit, although that look worked for him with the rest of the Mob. He could be Hogan's counterpart.

Jeff Jarrett as a late addition. What better way than to get back at Eric. Siding with the stable that's standing up to the Hogan / Bischoff regime. Now he has backup in the form of TNA's Greatest.

Mr. WWE...

So, you really mean to tell me that the Horsemen consisting of Benoit, Melenko, Mongo, and Flair and Anderson wasn't meaningful?

I'll agree that Mongo was crap and I wish Pilman could've stayed a member...

Now, granted WCW never booked them to their full potential but Benoit and Melenko were a perfect fit... They were two of the best wrestlers of their time and for you to say Dean and Tully aren't in the same league is kind of ignorant, I think Flair himself has compared the two...

As for Flair's age... I know he has no business it the ring... That is exactly why he would be the perfect JJ of the group...

Did you put up this much of a protest when WWE made EVOLUTION? Because WWE, it was alright to bring back a concept from "20 years ago"???

And for your little Bret Hart comment... It won't be over after WM... WZ has reported that he is being advertised to be on a tour of Germany after WM, so it looks like the 50 year old stroke victom will be sticking around... But that's okay because it's WWE...

And The Band... Some people happen to be big fans of Nash and Hall... Their ring time has been very limited and I think they are doing the storyline right...

My opinion for you is to stick to your WWe universe and live in your Micheal Cole Bubble because if you are more entertained by random B list guest hosts, Vince thinking he should be in the ring, Hornswoggle, and Sheamus getting shoved down our throats... Then you should stick to your PG World where Cena is God because TNA doesn't need fans like you..

It's like Nash said in an interview... When wrestling was hot both shows were drawing 5s and 6s in ratings... those fans didn't die... They are still around and I really think TNA has a better chance of hooking those fans back into watching then the WWE... TNA has that old school vibe along with the edgey stuff from the 90s...

Say what you will about the old guys in TNA, but The Nastys will hopefully be gone soon and I don't see Hogan or Flair wrestling too many more matches...

I like this Idea, and at the same time, I think it should just be the four you named, It shouldn't be a stable of however many. I feel it should just be the four. Flair, Style Wolfe and Sting. sounds great hey.
anyway back on topic, I think they should feud with Hogan, Abyss, RVD and Jeff Hardy.
I really like the sound of that stable, and hope it goes well.

jccool420, you need to pay attention to what I write, so you can avoid asking questions that have already been answered...I thought I was fairly clear, EVERY incarnation of the Horsemen that didn't consist of Ole Anderson, Arn Anderson, Tully Blanchard and Ric Flair was NOT really the horsemen. Paul McCartney can get 3 guys together and claim that he is bringing back the Beatles, but, it wouldn't be the Beatles, would it? Doesn't matter if the new musicians are good, perhaps even better at playing music than George, John and Ringo, they still wouldn't be the Beatles. Whether or not Benoit and Malenko were good wrestlers is completely irrelevant. For the record, up until the double murder/suicide, I would have called Chris Benoit my favorite current wrestler, period. But, that has nothing to do with the Horsemen.

I am going to go out on a limb, and state that in my opinion, you are probably under the age of 25, and never actually got to see the real Four Horsemen, except on DVDs and video clips. You probably watched the Horsemen in the 1990s as a kid, and thought they were the real deal. I remember the original Horsemen though. I grew up watching both the WWF and NWA in the 80s, I remember them for real. What I am saying, is don't fuck with the legacy of the Four Horsemen, by watering it down. This isn't about the WWE, not really. This is about protecting the name of the single most influential stable in the history of pro wrestling. That stable died as soon as they made Lex Luger an "associate member" in 1987. They started to become HINO. Horsemen in name only. They diluted the concept. Anything Flair does now to try to reclaim that glory would just be pathetic, empty.

How is Evolution a concept from 20 years ago? Just because the group had Ric Flair in it? If you want me to take comments like that seriously, you need to explain why its a reused concept a little better. Did they claim to be the reincarnation of the Horsemen? I don't think so. Or perhaps was it just a way to put over Randy Orton and Batista, and once it served its purpose, they disbanded?

I actually am exactly 25...lol And yes I have only seen the orginal Horsemen on WWE classics and on numerous tapes and dvds... Great call...

So, yes my perception of the Horsemen is different than yours and I respect the point that there will never be another original...

But, Im right in the middle of the age demographic (18 to 35) that TNA is supposed to be marketing to and if that incarnation had an impact on me, I'm sure that there are many other people who remember that memorable Nitro where Arn announced that the Horsemen would ride again... Even though bad booking eventually killed them off, you knew that there was something special there and they missed the boat on it...

I brought up Evolution because in my view, it was obviously an evolved version of the Horsemen... And it did wonders to get Orton and Batista over... So, why wouldn't a new version of the group help get guys like AJ, Wolfe, Roode, or Morgan over?

The new group wouldn't have to be called the horsemen and probably couldn't do it legally anyway... So why would you worry about tarnishing the Horsemen legacy?

If they went the route of forming a "horseman" type group, then you need the formula. Main event guy, tag team, and singles talent.
AJ-main event obviously
Desmond Wolfe-single talent on the cusp(think Randy Orton in Evolution)
I love the Robert Roode thing because he looks like a dick and is very solid. Also could lead the tag team with his partner who could be.......
Matt Morgan- he already comes across as a pompous ass. We know him and Hernandez are splitting up and probably fueding, so it would free him up to get scooped up and become the Batista of the new group.
If they didnt want to do the tag team, they could have Flair be the figure head and just have Aj/Wolfe/Morgan and that would get Wolfe and Morgan over huge. Would have 2/3 fueds already set up when the group would eventually split up as well which is always a good thing.

If they book Roode right he has the potential to be a big star. I'm not so sure they would break up Beer Money right now? In the future of course I want to see him break away, but as for now I don't see that happening. Maybe TNA has the alliance in the plans after all. So...at Destination X...AJ keeps the title...Beer Money beats Morgan and Hernadez...(of course that team splits up)...then on Impact Monday...Wolfe challenges Rob Terry...Flair comes out and interfers...Wolfe wins....then out comes AJ and Beer Money...they now have all the gold....

First of all, you can't use the name "Apocalypse" because it is the name of a tribute tag-team to the 4-Horseman already. It is also the name of a Canadian wrestling federation. Besides that, people already complain about too much nostalgia so that is too direct of a play on the name. That is why i think "The Pantheon" would be a terrific name. The Pantheon is the stable of Greek & Roman gods from mythology, IE Zeus, Appolo, Hades and so on. It could start by Flair and AJ in a rant about how AJ is like a Greek God. WOOOOO! Add TMCMG & Desmond Wolf and it would be a 4 man stable in the likes that wrestling hasn't seen in over a decade. Also does it have to stop at 4? Sting, Daniels, Joe, Angle? I'm just saying, the best story arcs are when all the "badguys" are united and the "heroes" are still on solo adventures! Is it just me, or does anyone else agree?

The new group wouldn't have to be called the horsemen and probably couldn't do it legally anyway... So why would you worry about tarnishing the Horsemen legacy?

maybe because the title of your thread is specifically called a new four horseman group? If you had just said "Flair should mentor some of the TNA wrestlers" without invoking the name Horsemen, it would have been fine...afterall, Paul McCartney did form a group after the Beatles broke up, he just called it Wings, because he knew it wasn't the Beatles. That's all I am saying.

I have to agree adding Beer Money inc to the mix. A lot of you were wondering what would happen to Cowboy James Storm. Easy add him to the horsemen and he could take Barry Whindam's spot in the group.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back