• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Four Day Work Week.

King Patrick Star

K. O. T. R. 2007 -€“ Team Undisputed
For those of you who work 5 days a week, you know how tough it can get. Officially you are working for 40 hours a week, but you’re really “working” for about 50 hours a week, depending on your commute to work. It takes me about an hour each way to get to work from home, give or take 15 minutes. In this month of December, after a long thought out process, I decided to take every Wednesday off. For those full timers here in the Zone, if you had the option, which day of the week would you rather have off, if you were given the option for a 4 day work week??

Monday – I, unlike the 90%ers, don’t get the case of the Mondays. I look forward to Mondays. I have been looking forward to Mondays since I was 13 years and 364 days old. Besides, 3 day weekends, for some reason, mess up my work week flow. I can’t explain that, but the holidays mess up my routine.

Tuesday – Nothing really special happens on Tuesdays except for maybe a video game releases. I’m not one to buy a game when it comes out, so nothing significant happens for me on Tuesdays for the most part.

Wednesday – To me, this is the perfect day. It breaks the week up. It’s the week’s half time. Work two days, off, work two days, off off, work two days…you get it.

Thursday – I don’t know about you, but this would just piss me off, only because I would have to come in on Friday after going through Monday to Wednesday. I know, not really a big deal.

Friday – See Monday for my explanation about 3 day weekends.

So there I have it. In December, Tuesdays are Fridays and Wednesdays are Sundays for me. What do you think??

LSN80, thanks for moving this to the right section.

Well, I tried it for the first time yesterday, and I must say it’s a success. Tuesday A.M. felt like Friday A. M., Tuesday P.M. felt like Saturday P. M., Wednesday A.M. felt like Saturday A. M., and Wednesday night felt like Sunday P. M. The only minor drawback I could see was that it felt like Monday morning today, but that went away quicker than actual Mondays, only because I know it’s Thursday already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back