• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Forgotten Talent

TheOneBigWill

[This Space for Rent]
This thread is to discuss your opinion on the talent that the E.C.W. roster has, thats currently being over-shadowed by the likes of Big Daddy V, Kane & Mark Henry. Do you think the talented performers on the E.C.W. roster are being faded out? Do you believe its a waste for them to continue being on the brand? Do you think they deserve more than what they're getting? Explain why you feel the way you do, & try to be as detailed as possible.

I'll start with some examples.

John Morrison: During the middle of 2007, John Morrison single-handedly refaced the E.C.W. brand, & turned himself into a bonafide Main Eventer. However, since the steroid inception, his name has dropped through the ranks & while he's currently co-holder of the Smackdown Tag Team Championships with The Miz.. is he being faded back OUT, of the Main Event picture, for the E.C.W. Championship?

I think this is the worst move they could do. I understand the steroid issue, but face facts.. when the crap with Bonds came up in baseball, they didn't pull him from the line-up, they sucked it up & let the pro, play. I think Morrison is too great a talent, to allow to rot away in the mid-card ranks, against no-names & tag teams.

Elijah Burke: During the beginning of 2007, the silver tongued devil himself was the self-proclaimed "New Face of the New Breed" & Elijah Burke looked to be on the fast track to E.C.W. gold & Main Event glory. However, at some point his push stopped, & he ended up stuck mid-carding & jobbing left & right to whomever was being passed by him.

I think this is the second worst move they've done, as Elijah has more talent, mic skills & charisma than C.M. Punk, yet they bury Burke while they build Punk. I simply don't understand.. is it racist?

Tommy Dreamer: Over the hill? Beyond his Prime? Past his glory? NO, NO, NO.. I could give a shit less on what anyone else thinks, this man will die in the ring just like Terry Funk, because wrestling is in his vains. He's broken his back, he's destroyed his life & he's went through hell for this company.. & in return, he's got shit on by it.

I think Tommy Dreamer deserves more than what he's been given. At one point in time, he was the face of the original E.C.W., Tommy Dreamer was the fan favorite for everyone to love. The guy that got his ass kicked & beaten the shit out of, that made the fans cry. Dreamer deserves more than to job to talent like The Miz.

Kevin Thorn: Due to a bad rep toward mismanaging a wrestling hold in the ring, then doing it again, dispite knowing he screwed up.. Kevin Thorn was another name on the fast track to super-stardom in E.C.W., only to be suddenly dropped quicker than Big Daddy V did a salad, at an all-you-can-eat restaurant.

I loved the Kevin Thorn gimmick, but due to bad timing on the release of Ariel, then followed up by the botched move that Thorn didn't learn from. His character has been changed, altered & warped into something stupid. On top of everything else, he was brought back to debut the new look, only to be never seen again? What was the point? I think Thorn could've been a great E.C.W. Champion someday.. but now I don't even think he'll return to action, before ending up on a release sheet.

I believe they are forgetting this talent, as Elijah Burke and Morrison are great talents that have great skill IMO. Burke is great, i do not know why he is jobbing to everyone on ECW and i do not know why Morrison is being bogged down with the Miz. These two are great talents that should be showcased on ECW omg. Kevin Thorn is another person who should get more spotlight as he is just doing nothing but beating people up. As for Tommy Dreamer, i do think he is past the hill, but i believe they could still use him to put over the young talent like the ones above.

Hmmm? Forgotten talent?

C.M Punk--Lets be honest people. Through all of this what kind of competition is he being put into. It makes him look stupid. I may be looking into this way to far but why bother putting him with two people that can't wrestle? I mean sure it's one thing for you to love this business but it's another to be in it and not be worth anything. C.M Punk is worth something though. They way they built him up to become ECW champion was awesome but now? I mean what's the point in having him wrestle on ECW if they're not gonna book him in great matches. I would actually love to see Kane turn on him so we could have a decent Punk match. We haven't had one in awhile.

As for the rest they were already mentioned. I thought I should just mention how I feel about Punk.

No one's mentioned Stevie Richards or Mike Knox yet.

Stevie was actually being given a push, for the first time since RTC, and then all of a sudden (I guess maybe it had to do with the departure of Thorn) he was nowhere to be found. What gives? The man deserves some sort of title.

Knox came back recently, for about a week, and then disappeared again. Personally, I think he should be shipped over to either SmackDown! or Raw. On Raw, he could team with Snitsky......on SmackDown!, he could become the new "Umaga" of sorts.

No one's mentioned Stevie Richards or Mike Knox yet.

Stevie was actually being given a push, for the first time since RTC, and then all of a sudden (I guess maybe it had to do with the departure of Thorn) he was nowhere to be found. What gives? The man deserves some sort of title.

Knox came back recently, for about a week, and then disappeared again. Personally, I think he should be shipped over to either SmackDown! or Raw. On Raw, he could team with Snitsky......on SmackDown!, he could become the new "Umaga" of sorts.

Mike Knox? Mick Knox is nothing but a piece of crap. I thought WWE had realeased him ages ago but obviously not, so what are they waiting for? He is nothing special but a big men that does a couple of big boots and slams. He is another snitsky and i hope he doesnt get a push whatsoever and just stays the hell away from a wrestling ring, or better, fire him. When you got guys like Burke and Morrision, Knox is nothing and a waiste of space.

Hmmm? Forgotten talent?

C.M Punk--I may be looking into this way to far but why bother putting him with two people that can't wrestle?

I mean what's the point in having him wrestle on ECW if they're not gonna book him in great matches.

Amen. Remember Punk's debut match against Justin Credible? Go watch it on youtube. It was actually a terrific match. I think Punk would have fit into ECW well if WWE would hold on to the ECW originals and let Punk have a field day with them. Imagine Punk/RVD, Punk/Sabu, Punk/Dreamer, Punk/Super Crazy, Punk/Richards... the list goes on and on. And don't even get me started on the tag possibilities. ECW was a good idea that was carried out in the worst of ways, both booking and talent-wise. But I do believe that Punk that as the ECW Champ, he needs to be booked and pushed as the ECW Champ, not the Somtimes-Looks-Like-A-Champion-When-Creative-Feels-Like-It Champion.

I think Vince would be smart to start tapping into TNA's talent pool.With so many wrestlers there seeming to be unhappy it would be a smart move.And why not bring in guys like Rhino and some former ECW originals?It will add depth to the roster and give the fans some faces they recognize.Otherwise Vince should just give up and fold ECW all together.Having them combined with Smackdown is not going to work for very much longer.

This thread is to discuss your opinion on the talent that the E.C.W. roster has, thats currently being over-shadowed by the likes of Big Daddy V, Kane & Mark Henry. Do you think the talented performers on the E.C.W. roster are being faded out? Do you believe its a waste for them to continue being on the brand? Do you think they deserve more than what they're getting? Explain why you feel the way you do, & try to be as detailed as possible.

I'll start with some examples.

John Morrison: During the middle of 2007, John Morrison single-handedly refaced the E.C.W. brand, & turned himself into a bonafide Main Eventer. However, since the steroid inception, his name has dropped through the ranks & while he's currently co-holder of the Smackdown Tag Team Championships with The Miz.. is he being faded back OUT, of the Main Event picture, for the E.C.W. Championship?

I think this is the worst move they could do. I understand the steroid issue, but face facts.. when the crap with Bonds came up in baseball, they didn't pull him from the line-up, they sucked it up & let the pro, play. I think Morrison is too great a talent, to allow to rot away in the mid-card ranks, against no-names & tag teams.

Elijah Burke: During the beginning of 2007, the silver tongued devil himself was the self-proclaimed "New Face of the New Breed" & Elijah Burke looked to be on the fast track to E.C.W. gold & Main Event glory. However, at some point his push stopped, & he ended up stuck mid-carding & jobbing left & right to whomever was being passed by him.

I think this is the second worst move they've done, as Elijah has more talent, mic skills & charisma than C.M. Punk, yet they bury Burke while they build Punk. I simply don't understand.. is it racist?

Tommy Dreamer: Over the hill? Beyond his Prime? Past his glory? NO, NO, NO.. I could give a shit less on what anyone else thinks, this man will die in the ring just like Terry Funk, because wrestling is in his vains. He's broken his back, he's destroyed his life & he's went through hell for this company.. & in return, he's got shit on by it.

I think Tommy Dreamer deserves more than what he's been given. At one point in time, he was the face of the original E.C.W., Tommy Dreamer was the fan favorite for everyone to love. The guy that got his ass kicked & beaten the shit out of, that made the fans cry. Dreamer deserves more than to job to talent like The Miz.

Kevin Thorn: Due to a bad rep toward mismanaging a wrestling hold in the ring, then doing it again, dispite knowing he screwed up.. Kevin Thorn was another name on the fast track to super-stardom in E.C.W., only to be suddenly dropped quicker than Big Daddy V did a salad, at an all-you-can-eat restaurant.

I loved the Kevin Thorn gimmick, but due to bad timing on the release of Ariel, then followed up by the botched move that Thorn didn't learn from. His character has been changed, altered & warped into something stupid. On top of everything else, he was brought back to debut the new look, only to be never seen again? What was the point? I think Thorn could've been a great E.C.W. Champion someday.. but now I don't even think he'll return to action, before ending up on a release sheet.

Morrison: Truthfully i think the wwes right to put him in the midcard untill hes paid his dues, i dont think he should be anywhere near the title yet

Thorn: To me thorn is a great talent but needs time to grow as a main event wrestler he needs to hown his skills before he makes a redebute of sorts maybe give him sometime on smackdown working with a better midcard talent pool

Elijah Bruke: This is a person that i agree with strongly will, he has all the tools but i think ecw needs a midcard title so that burke can achieve midcard success before moving on to the world title picture again, he has had solid matches but needs to just work a proper feud before going after punk again

Dreamer: ECW Champion in 2008, I think the wwe is scared of promotin Dreamer as a main eventer due to the fact that in there eyes he isnt in the right shape to carry the company which i think is wrong beyond belief, as you said he would die for ecw.

C.M.PUNK: If anyone has seen the old OVW youtube footage of punk i believe he and albright are the most talented main eventers on the planet, Punks mike skills are purely awesome, he has adjusted to the wwe's style but doesnt need to be buried, he is becoming a curtain jerker with the ecw title which is being overshadowed by midcard titles, its wrong damn wrong!, let punk loose and stop holding him back on the mic, he needs to cut a promo on chavo i would love to see CM go nuts on the last of the gurerros.

Stevie Richards: Simple fact this guy has tv title writen all over him, they should not keep him off of television he has been paying his dues since the rtc split what the hell is creative doing!

Balls Mahoney: where has he been since the kelly kelly push?

the smackdown talent exchange has done nothing to elevate the brand they need to restructure it and give them titles of there own i dont care if they dont get ppv's i just want the tag and tv titles to be on the show and give the brand credibility, you have guys like benjamin and burke who need to break the glass ceiling before main eventing, guys like val venis who if repackaged could be an ecw main eventer, guys like kenny dykstra who can work a solid uppermidcard feud, wwe says they dont have enough talent, i say they have too much just give ecw the talent raw and smackdown doesnt want to make it a brand to be recond with!

They need to do like the old ECW and have everyone involved. They can do this by having alliances and Stables. Have a group of baby faces like Punk, Dreamer, Balls Mahoney, and Steven Richards get into a bitter fued with Morrison, Miz, Benjamin, and Burke. It would be sort of like when Raven and his crew would go against Sandman, Dreamer, and the Franchise. I agree that they also need either a TV title or ECW tag titles. They need to make the PPVs brand exclusive again and have PPVs be either Raw or Smackdown/ECW. That way Smackdown can have like 5 or 6 matches and ECW can have 3 or 4 matches in their PPVs. Also they should just give ECW an extra half hour. What else is Sci-Fi gonna show? More episodes of Stargate? Also WWE could do something similar to TNA today to be used to give more depth to the characters by showing promos and also show a match or two that didn't make the air.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back