Forgotten/Lost Storylines?

Nick Black

The Heel God
I think we all have that storyline that we love, but it was completely forgotten over the years or even dropped. Just like all of the things that have happened to Mr. MacMahon. The limo exploding but seemingly forgotten because of the Benoit issue, and the Million Dollar Mania set falling down on him. Or even Melina's sexual harassment lawsuit on Batista, or the Snitsky/Lita miscarraige. But my personal favourite is Zach Gowen.

The One-Legged wrestler. The guy who fought so hard for a contract and had a somewhat high profile feud with Vince. Jumped out of the crowd to help Mr. America, started teaming with him, and then jumped right to his feud with Vince. He teamed up with Stephanie and had numerous matches with Big Show, and finally got his contract. But then had his leg broken by Lesnar, was thrown down a flight of stairs and finally departed from WWE after Tajiri's associates attacked him, and Gowen was never seen again.

What are your favourite lost, forgotten or discontinued storylines?

The one that always puzzled me was who moved the briefcase up out of Stone Cold's reach during the handicap ladder match for control of the WWE against the McMahons. Obviously the briefcase was lowered when Shane climbed the ladder, so it was clearly supposed to be someone working for them, but we never found out who.

I wonder whether WWE ever planned to reveal that, or whether we were just supposed to accept that Vince and Shane had got one of the company employees to move the briefcase for them. As it totally affected the ending of the match, I would have liked to have seen an explanation.

I have a recent one which is The Nexus attacking The Undertaker at Bragging Rights in 2010. It was a Buried Alive match between Kane/Taker and The Nexus attacked The Deadman and he lost the match.

This resulted in absolutely nothing. Taker faced Triple H at WM27 and Barrett, now part of the Corre, was in a throwaway tag-match. Logic suggests that they perhaps wanted Barrett to face Taker at Wrestlemania which could have been phenomenal for Barrett.

They should re-ignite this feud heading into WM30 just so I can get closure.

I remember some years back, for a few weeks running, Booker T kept finding notes in his locker saying, "I still know". He'd always look confused, & just a bit freaked out, then after 3 - 4 weeks, they just stopped, & nothing more was ever mentioned on the subject. Always intrigued me that one...

This isn't a big one but at one point Mick Foley had a bunch of papers from the board of directors of stuff he was going to be allowed to do.
He made one match which was at Wrestlemania I think and then they never mentioned the papers again.
I always wondered what else was in the stack of papers.

There was that awfulness with the fake Kane in 2006. I assume the program was originally supposed to run longer than it did, with some kind of public unmasking to introduce a new monster like character to the audience. Or at least long enough for Kane to get his win back at Summerslam or something. But no. The whole thing just ended the night after Vengeance with no explanation in sight. Not that I'm complaining or anything.

Its funny i actually watched the McMahon vs SCSA match literally last night! I remember thinking back then,who the hell was helping them out? I guess its just one of those things that went unanswered

The whole Nexus storyline was forgotten after Punk joined and took over.

How about this one from 1993, Luger knocks out Bret Hart and we get NOTHING out of it. Another one from 1993 when Giant Gonzales "turns face" when he attacked Harvey and we see nothing more of it.

We can go recently, Bryan attacks Shawn Michaels, or Bryan and his whole feud with Triple H. Kane and the Wyatts another dropped storyline.

when booker t and chris benit was doing there repeat of the best of 7 seris on smackdown for the us title randy orton took over for booker t and booker owed randy a big favor but nothing ever came from it. that always bothred me

I'd love to know the explaination behind Hogan laying down for Sting at Halloween Havoc 99, but more importantly I'd love to know why Russo decided to write off Hogan for 2 or 3 months. WCW missed out on a Bret vs Hogan main event at Starrcade 99. Bret had been going on all year about wanting Hogan in a match, and with that dumb angle happening at Halloween Havoc then Bret going on to win the WCW Title at Mayhem, Starrcade was a perfect opportunity to finally book a showdown between The Hulkster and The Hitman. I doubt there was a lot of interest in Goldberg vs Bret especially since they had Bret defeat Goldberg for the US Title on a Nitro prior to Mayhem. And if Bret/Hogan had happened at Starrcade, I doubt Bret would've suffered that career ending injury and retired a year later. Plus with the nWo 2000 forming the next night, it could've been a good swerve if Hogan and Bret had a rematch on Nitro for the belt, and Nash & Hall interfered and teased an nWo reunion with Hogan by helping him but instead helping Bret retain, forming the nWo 2000.

As for the Million Dollar Mania angle, I've always thought the culprit behind that was going to be Kane and it would lead to a feud between him & Triple H. I think Kane had just turned heel again around that time and I thought he was in line for a big push. Causing the set to crash down on Vince and nearly kill him seems like something Kane would do anyway.

The one that always puzzled me was who moved the briefcase up out of Stone Cold's reach during the handicap ladder match for control of the WWE against the McMahons. Obviously the briefcase was lowered when Shane climbed the ladder, so it was clearly supposed to be someone working for them, but we never found out who.

I wonder whether WWE ever planned to reveal that, or whether we were just supposed to accept that Vince and Shane had got one of the company employees to move the briefcase for them. As it totally affected the ending of the match, I would have liked to have seen an explanation.

in the first segment on Raw the next night Bossman, who was kicked out, rejoined the Corp/Min. It was heavily insinuated that he moved the case.

technically they answered this one, half assed, but who the anonymous Raw GM was to be.

When Brutus Beefcake in a mask started knocking out heels after their matches. He attacked Rick Martel and Earthquake on consecutive shows and then nothing was ever mentioned of this again.

Sadly I must admit I was very much interested in a heel Jim Ross and the New Diesel and Razor. Imagine. They could have had fake, anybody they ever had. They could have made it interesting at least.

Sadly I must admit I was very much interested in a heel Jim Ross and the New Diesel and Razor. Imagine. They could have had fake, anybody they ever had. They could have made it interesting at least.

I never thought about that, they could of at least done anyone WWE owned the name and rights to, figuring they couldn't do Hogan or Savage cause I don't think they had the rights to do so. But for that time it could of been very cool if they had a full blown stable, I guess they could of done other gimmicks like Earthquake, Typhoon, 1-2-3 Kid after he had left.

I wish something like that was done today, now that so many years have passed on they have a endless amount of gimmick names they could use from Diesel, Razor, to the 1-2-3 Kid, Demolition, Powers of Pain, Rockers, Big Bossman, Akeem, Red Rooster and so on..

Get a group of young wrestlers who love the history of wrestling, with some group name like Old School or w/e could be pretty cool, you would imagine it would of been done by now with as much ripoffs they already do.

When Edge was with Vickie, Chavo & Hawkins & Ryder and Chavo, while looking at Vickie, said something about finally being able to "get something he always wanted"...it really seemed to me it was hinting at Chavo wanting Vickie but the line was never mentioned again.

Who drove the white hummer in WCW?

Not to say its a favourite stroyline but its one that made no sense... in WCW's dieing days Stacey Kiebler revealed that she was pregnant in 2000.... and there was a 'who-dunnit' storyline for revealing the father.... was it David Flair? Vince Russo? (yeah he wrote himself in the storyline with the notion of having sex with the hottest girls in the company)....
Stacey disappeared from WCW screens for 6 months (presumably to have the baby).... and then when she came back in 2001... the storyline was erased. No mention of a baby, no who-dunnit (Russo had been fired by now).... it was dropped like a lead ballon.

This is a good thread.

One of my favourite but seemingly forgotten storylines was the Jericho/Christian/Trish/Lita love storyline from back in late 03/04. Jericho and Christian (who were heels at the time) had started being nice to Trish and Lita for no reason, and then it was later revealed that they had bet each other a Canadian dollar that either Jericho could get with Trish first or that Christian could get with Lita first. The half about Christian trying to get with Lita sorta fizzled out but Jericho trying to get with Trish kept going. And it was booked like Jericho was actually falling in love with Trish and it all concluded at WrestleMania 20 with Trish turning heel and helping Christian defeat Jericho, and then making out with Christian on the top of the stage. I thought it was a great storyline lol. It didn't really go anywhere after WM. I would have loved to have had seen it continue, however. What was Jericho going to do about this? Could Trish have actually turned back and eventually ended up with Jericho in the end? Or an idea I had, it would have been funny if later down the line Jericho got with Lita, and while Christian was still with Trish, they could have brought back the Canadian dollar bet, and they would have remembered that the bet was for Jericho to get with Trish and for Christian to get with Lita, not the other way around, so neither man would have won the bet yet, and then eventually somehow later on down the line Trish would have turned face again and ended up with Jericho in the end.

Anyway, I thought this was actually a great storyline lol. And I think it's a shame how little it is remembered. It was a big match at WrestleMania, and it was actually a big WM win for Christian as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back