For football fans who have nothing better to do with their time

The Todd

Championship Contender
There are lots of threads at the moment about dream basketball line ups, pitch rotations and "triple threat" so it is inevitable there would be one made asking for your dream XI for football. I'm too lazy to do that, so instead a dream 5-a-side team. Let's say only use modern players to make it easier. Oh yeah, and give reasons otherwise you will be violently pummelled by a wooden spoon for spamming (not from me mind)

Goalkeeper - Iker Casillas. He has the best reactions and shot stopping skills in the world, which is all you need for 5-a-side. Nothing would get passed him and his throwing ability could set up quick counter attacks.

Defender -Rio Ferdinand. Vidic is better than him, but there's a head height rule in football and Ferdinand is a better ball player. His job is interceptions and tackling then playing the ball to the midfielders and nobody does that better than Ferdinand.

Midfielder#1 - Xavi. He is one of the two best players in the world. He never gives the ball away and always plays it simple, all the hallmarks of a great 5-a-side player.

Midfielder#2 - Andres Iniesta. He is the other one of the two best players in the world. His passing skills is on a par with Xavi's and he can also dribble a ball superbly. Him and Xavi could play by themselves and win a game of football. No one would take the ball of them.

Striker - Fernando Torres. He is the best finisher in the world. Xavi and Iniesta would play him in and nine times out of ten Torres would score. His pace is very good and he is deceptively strong for his build.

So four Spaniards and Ferdinand. No wonder Spain are far and away the best country in the world and are odds on for the World Cup in my eyes.

But Pebble you've left out Ronaldo, Kaka and Messi. So? These players are better than them. You can't have self centred show ponies in 5-a-side, not in my team anyway.

Keeper-Gianluigi Buffon - the only one that'll give him a run for his money would be Iker Casillas an thus he'd be my backup

Defenders- Puyol, Sergio Ramos, John Terry, Phillip Lahm as long as John Terry stays healthy this side would be untouchable. believe me.

Midfielders- attacking/defending- Kaka, Frank Ribéry, Stephen Gerrard, Ronaldinho, Michael Ballack.

Attackers- Christiano Ronaldo, Lionel Mesi, David Villa, Thiery Henry, Ronaldo

THAT my friends is the Ultimate all-star team. the stats prove it

First up I asked for a five-a-side, but seeing as you were the only one to reply I'll let you off.

Defenders- Puyol, Sergio Ramos, John Terry, Phillip Lahm[/B] as long as John Terry stays healthy this side would be untouchable. believe me.

I'll give you Lahm, but as a right back. Evra, Carvalho, Vidic, Ferdinand are all better than Puyol, Ramos and Terry,

Midfielders- attacking/defending- Kaka, Frank Ribéry, Stephen Gerrard, Ronaldinho, Michael Ballack.

Ribery and Gerrard I'll give you. Ballack is no where near as good as his teammates Lampard and Essies, Kaka was good in 2007, now he's okay, Ronaldinho is awful. He had one good year when he single handedly beat Real Madrid, then had a shite world cup and hasn't done anything since. I wouldn't have him at Darlington.

Attackers- Christiano Ronaldo, Lionel Mesi, David Villa, Thiery Henry, Ronaldo

Four out of five. Ronado? Hasn't done anything since 2006. He is hardly playing for Corinthians now. Worse choice than Ronaldinho.

You didn't put Xavi or Iniesta in? Have you seen Barca or Spain play lately?

Ok, my best 5-a-side team would be:

Artur Boruc in goal. The guy is quite overweight. All I would have to do is sit him in front of the net, because they are smaller too and nothing would get past him. Fact! But in all seriousness I think he is a great goalkeeper and not just because he plays for celtic.

In defence I would have Vidic and Ferdinand. Are there 2 better centre backs in the world right now? I doubt it. These guys are just awesome as a pairing and would already have a sound knowledge of each other.

Attacking I would have Leo Messi and Torres. Imagine that, Messi and Torres in the same team. Oooh, gives me the shivers. But they are 2 of the best players in the world and that's why I would have them.

I am going to assume that it is indoor five a side, and therefore the following: strikers and defenders aren't allowed in the D shaped penalty area, the ball isn't allowed over head height, the pitch is small.

With that in mind:

Goalkeeper: David James

While I think he is absolutely shit, the things that make him shit: running out of the box for no reason, not holding onto the ball, scything down strikers and being unable to catch crosses are all negated by the rules. What he is excellent at is shot stopping, and that is all you need in 5-a-side goalkeeping. This is where I played at school in five-a-side, and I was pretty good, but I can't catch the ball to save my life.

Defender: Rio Ferdinand

I just think five a side defenders need a bit of dynamicism, and Ferdinand is probably the most dynamic of the world's top defenders. He is also more than capable of putting in decent passes, which is good in a five a side crowded pitch.

Defensive midfielder: Michael Essien

Essien is probably the best in his position in the world right now. I thought about Alonso, for his passing ability, but you basically have to keep the ball on the floor in five a side, which basically negates this. Essien would be able to go forward when you are attacking too.

Attacking Midfielder: Steven Gerrard

The hardest to pick by a country mile. I hadinitially gone with Ronaldo, then Kaka, but I realised that you need someone who can put in a shift defensively too. With that in mind, I think Gerrard is better than Lampard, and I can't realy think of anyone else. Iniesta and Xavi were in with a shout too, because they are emphatically the real reason why Barcelona are good, but I think they come as a package, and I want to keep Essien. Also, I've picked Gerrard because he can play with Torres better than anyone.

Striker: Fernando Torres

I think he's the best striker in the world, and he goes excellently with Gerrard. He can get a goal from anywhere and has enough tricks and pace in abundance to be able to wrong foot any defence in the world. So yeah, that's it really.

While doing this, I realised that Liverpool would have a pretty strong team: Reina, Skrtel, Mascherano, Gerrard, Torres. Barcelona's would also be good: Valdes, Puyol, Iniesta, Xavi, Messi. Can anyone think of any better ones?

First up I asked for a five-a-side, but seeing as you were the only one to reply I'll let you off.

I'll give you Lahm, but as a right back. Evra, Carvalho, Vidic, Ferdinand are all better than Puyol, Ramos and Terry,

Ribery and Gerrard I'll give you. Ballack is no where near as good as his teammates Lampard and Essies, Kaka was good in 2007, now he's okay, Ronaldinho is awful. He had one good year when he single handedly beat Real Madrid, then had a shite world cup and hasn't done anything since. I wouldn't have him at Darlington.

Four out of five. Ronado? Hasn't done anything since 2006. He is hardly playing for Corinthians now. Worse choice than Ronaldinho.

You didn't put Xavi or Iniesta in? Have you seen Barca or Spain play lately?

y'know i almost forgot Xavi and Iniesta... I am a fan of Barca.... stupid me lol

While doing this, I realised that Liverpool would have a pretty strong team: Reina, Skrtel, Mascherano, Gerrard, Torres. Barcelona's would also be good: Valdes, Puyol, Iniesta, Xavi, Messi. Can anyone think of any better ones?

They are pretty immense sides. Carragher instead of Skrtel maybe. Chelsea's is decent. Cech, Carvalho, Essien, Lampard and Drogba. Carvalho is an excellent player who doesn't get the plaudits he deserves playing with Terry, Essien is an immense player. I would have had him if it wasn't for my man crushes on Xavi and Iniesta and Lampard is another brilliant player who doesn't get the praise he deserves.

bryanskrantz said:
y'know i almost forgot Xavi and Iniesta... I am a fan of Barca.... stupid me lol

That does tend to happen, you forget about your favourite team when picking these squads. I forgot all about Dean Windass (the only player guaranteed to be at our club next season. Oh joy).

Petr Cech - So big, So agile. Probably wouldn't need to go to the ground, His arms are that long.

Rio Ferdinand - As The Pebble stated, He is the best at playing his way out of trouble, And with it being 5 a side, Wouldn't need that extra yard of pace that Vidic has.

Javier Mascherano - You need someone to dog it out in midfield, And he spill's his guts for everyone he plays for. Also a very good short passing game.

Frank Lampard - Again not needing the pace as much, He would be perfect, Amazing passing all round, Great touch.

Wayne Rooney - Gets goals, Lots of them, Very technically gifted, Hard shots. Great work ethic, Perfect 5 a side player.

GK Reina (Liverpool) - I'd need an excellent shot stopper and theres not that many abroad to choose from so im going with Reina. He can be a bit erratic at crosses but like Tastycles said its not a problem in 5-a-side.

Def Carragher (Liverpool) - Can use his left foot and right which is deffinatly needed in 5-a-side. Plus hes a solid defender and I think he would thrive in this form of the game.

Mid Fabregas (Arsenal) - One of the best midfielders at passing the ball, I doubt he would give the ball away at all. He can also defend and attack pretty well.

Mid Essien (Chelsea) - Already been said how good he is, but he could slot in as Fabregas goes forward. Deffinatly someone I would want in my 5-a-side squad.

Att Tevez (Manchester United) - I would need somebody who can finish and seeing as everyone else choose Torres I thought I'd be differant. Tevez has the pace and the ability to finish

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back