• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

football or soccer ???

football(NFL) or soccer(FIFA)?

• soccer american football sucks

• soccer sucks balls american football rules F*CK YEAH!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Batista-Y2JW?

Dark Match Jobber
i used to love soccer but now i dont like it at all i watched this american football anime eyeshield 21 and i was sold i was never good at soccer but now im the best linebacker in my team american football kicks ass!

Well when it comes to playing, I was never big on playing soccer, I'm more or a rugby league girl myself.
But I prefer watching soccer. That's most likely because I'm English, and American Football has never been big in England. Ironically, when it comes to soccer I don't watch English soccer....
I watch American Football from time to time, but that's only when it's on and there's nothing else. I don't fully understand the rules either, so watching it is weird.

Im a Soccer fan, though some of my friends play the american football games i did play madden NFL 07 i didnt enjoy it much as i didnt know the rules too well, I watch the Soccer league in England the EPL and the SPL which is in Scotland im a Glasgow rangers fan =]

Its football, We English invented it and called it football end of!!! Liverpool fc,btw i support them, rafa needs a kick in arsche so he knows we need the league!!!!!!

"Soccer" - i.e. actual football. If you don't play with your feet, how is that football? I'll tell you how, it's not. It's a boring sport with lots of pointless statistics.

Say what you will, but real football doesn't stop every five seconds and, when play does stop, it normally continues quickly. The game flows and there's rarely one that's really boring. Christ, rugby is better than American football. And I fucking hate rugby.

I am a fan of both sports. Both are fun to play, and both are fun to watch. I am always excited about football (american) during the Superbowl, and I'm also excited in soccer during the world cup. But if I had to choose it would be soccer, simply because I've been playing/watching it for longer. Lately football has really intersted me, that's why this was so hard, but I've always liked soccer.

"Soccer" - i.e. actual football.

No, soccer is just soccer. The NFL is real football:thumbsup:

If you don't play with your feet, how is that football?

Maybe there was no better names? Soccer has always been called soccer here.

I'll tell you how, it's not. It's a boring sport with lots of pointless statistics.

:lmao:

Soccer is a boring game where a couple pansies kick a ball around for 90 minutes, also no hitting, no nothing.

Boring.

The game flows and there's rarely one that's really boring.

All of them are boring, I've never been able to watch a soccer game without going to sleep, neither has many Americans. That's why Becks failed miserably over here.

Christ, rugby is better than American football. And I fucking hate rugby.

At least in rugby they players aren't little wussies and can take a hit, Jesus Christ in soccer you barely tap a guy and he falls down, what is so entertaining about that?

Also, give me Hockey before Soccer any day of the week, in Hockey you actually have goal scoring opportunities instead of passing the fucking puck back and forth for 90 minutes..:rolleyes:

Soccer doesnt draw worth a piss either, only over in Europe, real football does which is why we now schedule NFL games in London and a few other countries.

Meh I've never watched much American Football. But people who say that English Football is just passing a ball around don't know anything about it. That's fine. I just see American Footbal as being a sport where you try to barge past somebody to get to the end of a feld. But I'm sure it's more complicated than that.

As for falling over when there's minimal contact. Yeah true. But hey, isn't this a wrestling board?

I wouldn't necessarily say that either of the sports sucks ass. Soccer is fun to watch I suppose. Although, it is a little boring at some point. Football on the other hand is always fun. Watching people just like kill each other :p It has to be good.

See in soccer here all i ever see is some people running up and down a field trying to score and thery do that for like what 90 minutes. That why I think soccer is boring sure it can by physical but that just doesnt do it for me. I played socccer and it bore me to death. Now rugby I like as that is take no prisoners and just play game. though with american football it does have stops and yes you are fighting to get to the end of a field, but you are trying to best the other team by out thinking them. American football is like chess as you have to think moves ahead and counter what the offense or defense is doing. Plus they still hit one another it as its both physical and mental.

American football is like chess as you have to think moves ahead and counter what the offense or defense is doing. Plus they still hit one another it as its both physical and mental.

Again the same can be said for Football. They aren't just passing around for no reason. I'll simplify it for you. Basically when there passing they are drawing out the opposition. Making them come to the person with the ball so they can pass to somebody else and they can make a break. I'm sure there is a similar thing happening in your version of Football.

I really think it all depend on what you grew up watching. American Footbal is boring. To me anyway. Just as Soccer is to the majority of Americans.

The Portugese league is better than the English premiership at the moment. Actually it always has been. The English teams seem to focus on attack and only attack recently. Whereas in Portugal it's about attack and defence, and that makes a game so much more interesting.

Portugal is also a much better International team. And hell I've got some abuse from England fans (maybe wearing my Portugal shirts whilst beating England in the World Cup wasn't such a good idea?) but I won't suddenly decide to support England, even if they suddenly start winning. People seem to have that impression of anyone who doesn't support their own country or hometown team, but it isn't true. I'll never support England just because they may have won something.

Unless you were born in Portugal then why would you support them? I can't call you a glory hunter because Portugal have never won shit. But you should support your home country. I actually think it's wrong to support a foreign country. The only reason I can think of for you supporting them is because Ronaldo is a hotty.

The thing is, Ronaldo really isn't a hotty. Seriously, look at him. Not hot at all. And I'd also support Man Utd if I liked Ronaldo :p

I aren't a glory supporter, because I always have and always will support them, probab;y because I have family living there. But with the 'they haven't won shit' comment I have to say they get more chance of winning than England. Look at the quality of the football Portugal have compared to England. And I don't mean the interntaional teans, I mean the top leagues in both countries. Oh and, what happened to England in the Euro?

well l like australian rules football no padding required just guts and dermination the players use there hands and feet they take what we call marks is where they use another players back and sore in the air and catch the ball

if any one wants to know more please reply

I aren't a glory supporter, because I always have and always will support them,

I didn't say you were.

probab;y because I have family living there.

Fair enough.

But with the 'they haven't won shit' comment I have to say they get more chance of winning than England.

No man. They both have equal chance of winning a cup. Both of them are average teams. There held in such high regard because of the lack of quality teams in Europe. The big teams are England, Portugal, Holland, Germany, France & Italy. None of them are amazing teams.

Look at the quality of the football Portugal have compared to England. And I don't mean the interntaional teans, I mean the top leagues in both countries.

As a spectator you can't beat English football. I still maintain that you haven't really watched Portugese leagues.

Oh and, what happened to England in the Euro?

I believe they didn't qualify. Potrugal for the record were very lucky to get through. They underperformed througout the whole of the qualifiers. As did England.

im realy pissed of because i live in europe and people dont even know the term american football its just soccer this and soccer that i am forced to play rugby now because its the only thing they recognize in my country the lamest shit i heard about american football is: ''hey do you know american football?'' ''umm yeah its like rugby right dude you shouldnt play that it's gay who wants to see a bunch of men pounding eachother'' i almost smacked that guy's face ah well too bad there are no american football teams here :(

Well like other people have said, football is soccer. so obviously you American's couldn't think of anything to call your game, so named it after ours.
English football is a great sport, it is not just passing, there is strategy, and for the comments about English football being soft, like one guy falling down from a touch, just watch our Rugby. Americans took rugby and English football, combined them and put pads on the players. Thats just soft, our rugby players are real men and don't where head to toe pads! :p

Soccer doesnt draw worth a piss either, only over in Europe, real football does which is why we now schedule NFL games in London and a few other countries.

lol not only does it draw in Europe but also in Asia, Africa, Oceana, South America, Central America oh and North America .... wait hold on thats the whole world isnt it?

American Football only draws in the USA, well put it this way thats where you need to play, thats Dolphins, Jets etc? i dont think so!

Football is much much better than American Football because there are outlets for everyone. Its popular everywhere, and you only need a football to play. You dont need stupid amounts of stopping and starting, advert breaks after 10 secs of play, half time shows that last and hour, or 60 players to complete a team.

You may not like Football because the US team is crap, and the US arent on top of the world, hell how many teams outside of the US have won the world series of Baseball?! Now dont get me wrong, you're like me, you know the sports you like, but generally Americans like American Football, Baseball, and Basketball, and who are the best teams in those sports? the americans! We english generally like Football, Rugby, and Cricket, and who are the best at those sports? The Italians, The South Africans, and the Australians respectively (oh and they are all world champions in those sports!!)

im realy pissed of because i live in europe and people dont even know the term american football its just soccer this and soccer that i am forced to play rugby now because its the only thing they recognize in my country the lamest shit i heard about american football is: ''hey do you know american football?'' ''umm yeah its like rugby right dude you shouldnt play that it's gay who wants to see a bunch of men pounding eachother'' i almost smacked that guy's face ah well too bad there are no american football teams here :(

sorry, i know i posted above as i was leaving i saw this and had to comment.

Dude, American Football has been adopted in Europe. a little research goes a long way, and you'll find that there are teams all around europe who play american football.

Look at the UK for example, i live in Suffolk, a relatively small county in the east of england, and i can name "Ipswich Cardinals", "colchester gladiators", "Norwich Devils", "London Os", as the local teams. Then you have teams in Glasgow, Manchester, Leicester, Leeds, Birmingham, hell everywhere! We also have a league, the BAFA (British American Football Association), and regularly have games with those in europe.

Mate have a look around, if you dont want to play rugby then dont! There are plenty of American Football teams around!

I'm a huge football fan. I watch both the NFL and CFL games. I don't really find soccer interesting, I tend to fall asleep very fast if I keep the channel on. I mean to have huge nets but an average of 2 goals per-game, that's a problem. Anyways, go NY Giants!

No man. They both have equal chance of winning a cup. Both of them are average teams. There held in such high regard because of the lack of quality teams in Europe. The big teams are England, Portugal, Holland, Germany, France & Italy. None of them are amazing teams.

Portugal, Italy and England (not judging by recent results) are probably the best teams up there. Portugal and England always put on good games against each other and they're good to watch.

I believe they didn't qualify. Potrugal for the record were very lucky to get through. They underperformed througout the whole of the qualifiers. As did England.

Portugal were very lucky yes. They had a string of draws all away towards the end of the tournament and I think a lot of Portugal fans were on tenterhooks, especially because we didn't have our proper coach for some of it. However a few good resutls in the end won it for us. But in the end it still rested on other teams results as well.

England I thought were going to qualify, and even though I don't support England, I'd still prefer them to win if they're playing any other team other than Portugal. The lat match against Croatia was good if you want to be sat worried throughout lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back