• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Foley: Still Good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYSandman

Testicles. That is all.
Is it me, or does it seem that, since going to TNA, Foley doesn't seem to have a direction?

What I mean is, it seems like he's trying to merge the Cactus Jack and Commissioner Mick persona's into one, and it's confusing.

Mick can easily play the goof or the monster. I think he should choose one or the other.

Also, his gimmicks are going from funny to just plain stupid. Okay, Mr. fucking Socko was a good gimmick about 700,000 years ago, and it was fresh.

But, look at Impact last night. Clowns? Confetti? A little TOO stupid.

Then, in the same breath, this fun loving goof leaves Jarrett to fend for himself. I think abandoning a tag partner is the lowest, most despicable, heat generating thing a heel can do. That's wonderful, if you're going to be a true heel.

But, this weekly heel, face, heel, face thing is giving me a headache! Mick needs to picks a side.

Who the hell is writing his shit anyhow? Did they give Mick creative control of his character?

I'm not downing the guy. I've always been a huge Foley fan, but his current character is confusing.

Also, Jarrett isn't the guy to play off a goof. Foley acts like a total dick with Vince McMahon, and McMahon's responses are funny. Jarrett cannot play off of Mick like Vince did.

I love Jeff, but it's just not his character. Mick's trying to play off a guy it just won't work with. Attacking Jarrett from behind? Cool. Setting him on fire? Cool. Sticking a puppet in his face?

NOT COOL! It would work with Vince, not with Jarrett.

Mick had a good mind for shit like this. So, what's up?

I honestly have no clue. Every time I see Mick on impact it seems like the Mick Foley in tna is a skitso. I really think Mick is trying to make a new character but it's failing on each attempt. I also think the tna creative team is full of jackass's so thats probably the main reason its failing for Foley.

But, this weekly heel, face, heel, face thing is giving me a headache! Mick needs to picks a side.

Too true. Mick is and always will be a wrestling legend in my mind but i think its time for him to step out of the ring, decide whether he's going to be a face or a heel and stick to being general manager or executive shareholder or what ever hes supposed to be these days. His promos are still great (despite the weekly flip between face and heel) but his wrestling, not so much. I hope he drops the title at slammiversary and steps out of the ring for a while.

I for one am finding Foley's "rebirth" in TNA quite entertaining. I love it when a persona treds between heel face... you never know whose side he is on and what he is going to do.... the start of Impact made me think back to the days he was interacting with The Rock... "Rock Appreciation Night" He is definately isnt what he used to be in the ring but was he ever much more than a big spot fest wrestler.... I think this little run as Champ will end soon and he will go back to being a Commish/ shareholder type making matches and booking people and doing a fine job with it. I just hope he looses the title to AJ Styles or Joe with either of them pinning him not someone else. Or he retains and looses cleanly to AJ or Joe to put them over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back