• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Finn Balor Debut

That rumour has been paraded around since it was announced that Anderson and Gallows signed. I'm sure Balor will make the main roster sooner rather than later, but when is anyone's guess. I thought they would wait till Summerslam as it is a bigger show than MITB, which focuses more on the suitcase and not the title.

I see Styles winning this weekend, and Balor and the Club either helping him at Summerslam or costing him the match against Cena.

When AJ signed the "no Gallows and Anderson" contract on RAW, I immediately though that this was the opening for a Balor run-in. It makes sense on paper in every conceivable way. He is done w/ his program w/ Joe, there is nothing more for him to do in NXT, let's get going w/ this guy. There are a bunch of different directions to go w/ the politics of "the club" once Balor is up. Is he the top guy ("Balor Club") or is AJ? Are they co-leaders? Does it not matter because AJ and Balor will end up on different shows via the Draft? Regardless, a run-in to help him beat Cena is the way to go Sunday.

Balor will fight Nakamura first. After that, I expect Balor to make a PPV moment sometime in the future for the main roster. Most likely involving The Club as others have said.

Balor will fight Nakamura first.

That's very possible, but at the same time, the existence of that match doesn't necessarily have to prevent him from debuting on the main roster prior to it. (Not that you said it had to.)

Owens was on the main roster for a month and a half before dropping his NXT title and later returned for a rematch, Zayn was on it for I believe a month or so but was still given a match against Nakamura prior to WM, and Sasha Banks was on the main roster for a month or so but still was given an additional NXT match. In other words there are of course examples (Owens being the best one) of double duty.

Time seems right to debut him at Night of Champions. Just from watching this build, I really don't see Styles losing this first match, and I don't see him defeating Cena clean, nor should he if he's going to be a top heel. It makes sense to bring Balor in and ally him with Styles, Gallows, and Anderson if they want to debut him in the most impactful, effective way possible.

Than again, I have a strange feeling that they're going to want to get some mileage out of him as a face on the main roster before any sort of turn. I just have a hard time believing they'd bring Balor in as a heel and as a second man to AJ Styles after all the effort they've put into him and "The Demon".

So basically what I'm saying is, I don't know... There have been many times when I've been almost sure of what was going to happen, and what I thought doesn't even come close to taking place. It's very possible we don't see him until after Takeover Brooklyn. As a side note, it would definitely be cool to see a heel Balor vs Nakamura at Takeover. Much more intriguing than a face/face match in my opinion.

I have no idea why people think Balor will debut at a PPV event. How often to people actually debut on PPV instead of on Raw? The last I remember is the Shield.

Balor will lose to Shinsuke, and then probably debut the night after Summerslam. That's the usual pattern for NXT guys being called up to the main roster. While Balor is arguably the biggest star NXT has ever had, that doesn't mean he debuts on a PPV.

Part of me hopes I'm wrong though, if it means seeing Finn up on the main roster a little bit sooner. Although, again, I have no idea why people want him to be a heel just because the Club exists. Finn has done great work as a face in NXT. Why mess with that?

How often to people actually debut on PPV instead of on Raw? The last I remember is the Shield.

Recent years show that debuting Sunday is unlikely, since like you ppv debuts are rare these days. From time to time the unlikely does of course happen in WWE though.

Most recently Baron Corbin did it at WM. Prior to that probably Sting in late 2014. I'm not sure if Rusev being in the 2014 rumble is worth including since Raw is probably a better indicator of his debut since it happened two and a half months later, and was preceded by vignettes.

Personally I would love to see Finn Balor debut at the Money in the Bank PPV this Sunday. I would love to see him debut by interfering in the John Cena versus AJ Styles match. The contract stipulation excludes Anderson and Gallows from getting involved, but it could be argued that this has nothing to do with Finn Balor. And with the brand split on the horizon, it seems like a logical time to bring him up to the main roster.

Have him debut by inserting himself into the Cena/Styles match, teasing him interfering to cost Cena the match against Styles. Then have him smash Styles in the mouth and actually cost him the match instead. The motivation could be the determination of who is the main man in the Club, and this could set up an extended program of Finn Balor versus AJ Styles, which would definitely catch my attention. This would save a Cena /Styles rematch for a larger show, such as Summerslam. It would keep Styles as a face, which I would prefer. And who knows, it could even lead to a heel turn from a certain someone, which could be huge if done properly.

Have him debut by inserting himself into the Cena/Styles match, teasing him interfering to cost Cena the match against Styles. Then have him smash Styles in the mouth and actually cost him the match instead. The motivation could be the determination of who is the main man in the Club, and this could set up an extended program of Finn Balor versus AJ Styles, which would definitely catch my attention.

This would actually be the best way to go.

It would make logical sense for Gallows and Anderson to turn on Styles and latch on w/ Balor. For months, Styles kept Gallows and Anderson at bay, and didn't want their help in his feud with Reigns. He insisted that he could do it without them, and he failed.

Then Cena comes back, and Styles finally takes Gallows and Anderson up on their offer to reform the Club. Then, just a few weeks later, Styles goes right back to his "I don't need you guys" thing by signing the "No Gallows or Anderson" contract.

The fact that AJ fell into Cena's trap and signed that contract pissed of Gallows and Anderson, and after the match in which Balor causes AJ's loss, Gallows and Anderson come down, lay out AJ, and the REAL club, the BALOR CLUB is officially formed.

BTW, nothing that I just described above would ever happen in reality because a simple connecting of the dots like that is too nuanced for Creative to pull off.

Originally I thought Gallows and Anderson should have turned on Styles, and Balor would debut and team with Styles in the feud. Now IMO the best thing would be for Balor to debut and help Styles defeat Cena at Money in the Bank. This makes sense as it protects both Styles and Cena and extends the feud. Also the Club gets another member and starts to become a dominant faction, kind of like the Shield or Wyatts.

Recent years show that debuting Sunday is unlikely, since like you ppv debuts are rare these days. From time to time the unlikely does of course happen in WWE though.

Most recently Baron Corbin did it at WM. Prior to that probably Sting in late 2014. I'm not sure if Rusev being in the 2014 rumble is worth including since Raw is probably a better indicator of his debut since it happened two and a half months later, and was preceded by vignettes.

I admit, I forgot about Corbin. But there was so little fanfare to Corbin's debut, he was just kind of there until he won the thing. And Sting is Sting, so he was always going to debut in the biggest way possible short of Wrestlemania.

But Finn Balor's debut has 'interrupts top star' written all over it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back