Finlay to ECW

*shock horror*

The most predictable draft yet, I don't understand why they didn't just draft them together and not waste a draft spot. As I've already said, this means that the feud with Miz and Morrison will continue just that bit longer. After that Finlay will just be the ECW veteran. It'd be good to see him turn heel on Hornswoggle and go back to being the Irish badass. I doubt that'll happen though, he'll be the grizzled veteran character, albeit with a comedy sidekick.

Fuck. Well, I was able to be in denial for some time. Ugh. Welp he will do well on the show to teach the younger guys how to work. You know, ECW is getting a little stacked, and overfull, albeit with Mid card guys, but guys none the less. Maybe ECW will get a little more time becuase of this???

If he is booked correctly (less swaggle, more badass) he could have a pretty legit ECW title run. He could fill the Benoit role from last year, albeit on a less star power scale, but still be the "grizzled hard ass schooling the young guys"

Yeah for this to work, they need to get rid of Hornswoggle and push Finlay as the badass heel who loves to fight again. He could bring some good out in Matt Hardy. And have a pretty good rn as ECW champ. This pick doesn't really surprise me at all. Luther was right, they should've drafted them together to save a draft spot.

I have to say the following, with Finlay and Hornwoggle moving to ECW does the mean they will get the tag team titles now?I heard that was the original plan or I could be wrong but,I believe I am right because I read it on the internet.Most of things you read online can't all be false.

I can't say I'm shocked. I just wish they would kill off Hornswoggle and push Finlay as his old badass heel fighting Irishman self. I can see him doing some good on ECW, teaching younger guys the ropes, and bringing in veteran instinct. The only problem I have is Hornswoggle being in the mix. If these guys win the Tag Titles, I think I might boycott ECW.

I'm a little misunderstood on exactly what they'll be doing with the Tag Team Championships now. Both teams, Finlay & Hornswoggle as well as John Morrison & The Miz (as it stands) are on E.C.W. (which will later begin traveling with Raw)

While Hardcore Holly & Cody Rhodes are the Raw Tag Team Champions, with Ted Dibiase still on Raw as well. (D.H. Smith was moved to Smackdown, incase thats the mystery partner)

The reason this ties in with Finlay, is because I'm a bit perplexed with how they're going to solve the Tag Team Championship scene. Finlay being on E.C.W. will fit his style, well that would be if E.C.W. was anything of what it used to be.. which its not. All in all, Finlay will fade away in E.C.W., much like he was doing on Smackdown & Raw before that.

I can't see this move giving him any type of special push, and if anything.. it might hurt Finlay & Hornswoggle's chances at winning the Tag Team Championships. (I can only hope)

Finlay makes sense moving to ECW. It moves him to the main event scene where he has proved on SD he can hold his own, put others over and overall, make young talent look good. However, as has been echoed before, the midget has to go. Finlay on SD was one of the few true heels left in WWE today (with JBL and Edge), and they ruined it by handing him a comedy character and saying, 'here you go, he's now your son'. Finlay as a heel is outstanding, he lets his actions speak and it works.
On ECW, I expect him to serve as mentor to the young guys...who they logically move away. Shelton, Kofi and Punk would have done well against Finlay and it would have built them up and got them ready to step up to the shows. THat leaves Thorn and Knox to be worked with really. wow.

My verdict = good move, ruined by moving all the talent he could have built up to other shows

This is the best bit of the draft. I'm ecstatic. No more of my Friday nights/Saturday mornings Smackdown viewing clogged up with watching a stiff old guy and a ghastly midget. Admittedly, it sucks for Miz and Morrison - that feud could now well continue, which makes me sad, because both of them - and especially Morrison - deserve more. But maybe since ECW and RAW will travelling together, M&M will get to move up and star mostly on the flagship show.

A great and logical move. A great addition to the ECW roster. As somebody mentioned earlier, Finlay can be given the type of role Benoit was supposed to get last year. I think Finlay can be a very credible ECW champ later down the track. He can put on a good match and can teach the younger talent how to wrestle. A Finlay vs Morrison feud for the ECW title intrigues me a lot.

Finlay needs to turn heel again. He is one of the better heels on the roster and definitely one of the better wrestlers on ECW. I would love to see him get a run at the ECW belt but that will probably go to Mark Henry now. Agree with the guy who says put him in a feud with Morrison. Would be interesting to watch.

Yeah for this to work, they need to get rid of Hornswoggle and push Finlay as the badass heel who loves to fight again.

People keep saying this, but I am still not sure I agree with it. Finlay is much more over as a face than as a heel, and while it would be interesting for him to whack Horny around, I dont see it happening, and I don't think it should happen yet.

He could bring some good out in Matt Hardy. And have a pretty good rn as ECW champ. This pick doesn't really surprise me at all. Luther was right, they should've drafted them together to save a draft spot.

I think a run as the US champ would be a good thing, and it couldn't hurt to have the guy get a title. I also hope it happens as well.

This should have been done last year. Benoit left a veteran shaped void last year. ECW was in real need of one. I suggested Finlay. It's only a year too late. Now they have Matt Hardy & Kane. Matt Hardy is more over than Finlay, and capable of having quality matches, Kane was once a serious challenger to all the top stars, so he's far more credible. Finlay wasn't really over a year ago, now he is. But only because of Hornswoggle. Too little too late. If this was a year ago then we might have been spared a Morrison title reign, and Punk might be more over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back