• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Finlay Returns To WWE

THTRobtaylor

Once & Future Wrestlezone Columnist
I've just seen the reports that Finlay has been resigned as an agent after his firing a year or so ago.

I am glad they have done the decent thing and brought him back, it was a pretty stupid decision to fire the guy for what happened, not to mention a horrific double standard when WWE played on people interrupting other nations national anthems for years, just cos some soldiers were in attendence...

What do you see Finlay doing? Will he be back to working with the Divas? Will he work more with the upcoming talents like McIntyre, Barrett and Cody?

I personally would like to see Finlay come back to the screen too... Not with Hornswoggle, but maybe as part of a "British" stable with Drew and Barrett, maybe even Regal. He is older, but still good for putting some people over.

What do you think?

It's an good decision to resigned Finaly,he has many experience and he has an good vision of wrestling.
last but no least he has many difficult for to signing in other federation and it's dammage for him.

Finlay's last run was awesome. The only guy on the roster older than him was Vince, but Finlay was still in great shape.

Sometimes I wonder why he stayed off of TV until 2006.

I figured Finlay would be rehired by WWE sooner or later. It's not as if the reason he was fired was something that made him look overly bad. If anything, it was just an unfortunate instance of Vince being a little too cautious when it comes to a big sponsor.

I'd say Finlay will probably be a road agent. His interaction with talent is probably his best asset at this point in time.

Finlay back as a road agent is great for him and I always respected FIT Finlay. As far as him wrestling the man has put his time in and outside of good matches he can not help put anyone over. He's known as a tough brawler not winner

I personally would like to see Finlay come back to the screen too... Not with Hornswoggle, but maybe as part of a "British" stable with Drew and Barrett, maybe even Regal.
Not too sure about the idea of starting an issue regarding North Ireland as part of GB... I mean, officially, it is, but it could be quite a touchy subject. And that, without knowing if Finlay is pro- or anti-.

Of course, I might be wrong, in which case, I apologize, but that's the impression I get.

I'd like to see him on screen as a tag team with William Regal. They both have that old school brawler style that can make for an interesting tag team. They can both get heat, and if booked right they can bring some much needed experience to the tag title scene.

it was clearly reported he is back as an AGENT,.not active talent. He will step back in and produce the Divas division again, which has turned to utter shit since he was fired.

it was clearly reported he is back as an AGENT,.not active talent. He will step back in and produce the Divas division again, which has turned to utter shit since he was fired.

He was also an agent for most of his first tenure... only becoming active after several years... I didn't say he is going to return to the ring, just wondered if he did what he'd do... personally I think he still has something to contribute...

I think its great to have Finlay back. From what I have read he was doing great things as an agent with the Divas, who as someone else has said, have gone terrible since Finlay was fired. It wasn't even a serious offense that caused him to lose his job, so I am very pleased that WWE have decided to bring him back.

Plus, he can always have the odd match in the ring still. He is in good shape for his age and would be useful to have to make the occasional appearance if WWE go to Ireland on tour, or use him as a surprise entry in a Royal Rumble match at some point.

WWE need more experienced veterans like Finlay around, he has a wealth of knowledge about the business and the young guys on the roster should pick his brains at every opportunity they get.

Finley has denied this. And I don't think it will help at all if he did return. Even working backstage would be pointless. I mean come on, the reason he was fired is because he told Miz to interrupt the Nation Anthem. If anything Finley should retire from Pro Wrestling. He just isn't worth much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back