Final Resolution: TNA Tag Titles - Motor City Machine Guns v. British Invasion (c)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NSL

Life's A Bitch, And Then You Mosh
Another match just announced. The Guns and Brits have had a few decent matches and altercations lately, and this could really be a good match.

I'm hoping the Brits retain though, because the Guns winning should be huge, and it won;t be with nothing coming after the show until the new year. I'd mark for a few hesitation dropkicks though, as well as their Sliced Bread Bomb...

I'm glad that the MCMG are getting a tag team title shot. Honestly though.... is it just me or does it seem like the British Invasion has done next to nothing in terms of tag team feuds since they won the belts? Even though there will not be another "new" Impact until January (what is WRONG with you, TNA?) it would still make for a great moment if the MCMG pick up a win here. Given how they are pushed, how is it that they have never won a tag team championship in TNA? I think their time is finally coming because they are the best team that TNA has, and they will win here.

DAGGER DIAS PREDICTION
The Motor City Machine Guns will win the TNA Tag Team Championship.

I would love to see MCMG pick up the win here, but I'm torn. I think I'd much rather see them chase the Brits around for awhile, wait til Beer Money cashes is their tag title shot they'll inevitably get from Feast or Fired, and that's when the 3 teams can clash with the MCMG picking up the win no one expected a couple months down the line or whatever. Maybe at Lockdown. One can dream, no?

I hope the Guns win the titles, but I agree with NSL here. As someone who is both a MCMG and Jeff Hardy mark, I would compare these guys winning the Tag Belts to Hardy winning the WWE Title last year. While Hardy did not win at a major show, it was allowed to be a huge deal for a good amount of time. If the Guns win the titles here, it will be a big deal for about 2 weeks until Hogan shows up. This will be a good match, and I hope the Brits win so the Guns can get that big win at a time where they can get the recognition they deserve for it.

They last competed for the titles Turninig point 2008 against Beer money. That match was a tag classic in my opinion. I dont want guns to win the titles yet, lets wait for BFG 6. But this match will be fantastic due to the fact MCMG are involved. They arnt going to win due to fact that the World Elite taking over TNA, but that doesnt mean they wont entertain the people who ordered the PPV.

1st off this wasn't announced last night. MCMG won a #1 contenders match a couple weeks back if I'm not mistaken but anyway...

I'm really looking forward to this ppv, and this match should be really good in it because well its MCMG and British Invasion! I want MCMG to win in this match. They are really good athletes and IMO they should get a title run. They deserve it!

The MCMG are actually getting a title shot on ppv which is rare for them creatively and with a tag team which is weaker than them as champions it's their time to get a hold of the gold.

Magnus isn't as good a worker as Doug Williams is whom carries the British Invasion and i'd like to see the Machine Guns capture their 1st tag team titles now.

Unfortunately I see a rather obvious outcome. As the UK tour is next month, I fully expect the Brits to keep the belts and do the home tour as champs. Unless Hogan comes in and dramatically changes things against them.

The Guns are too good to give the belts to on their first real crack. I see them putting up an awesome chase over two or three months before getting their chance. This should be a great match while showcasing the talents of two great teams.

1st off this wasn't announced last night. MCMG won a #1 contenders match a couple weeks back if I'm not mistaken but anyway...

Um, yeah...It was. They won the #1 Contender spot, but there was no word of when they were taking their shot, and Lauren announced it during an interview.

And where is everyone getting the idea that the Guns haven't had a PPV title shot in months? Just last month they were in the Triple Threat with the British Invasion and Beer Money Inc.

All that being said, they're not going to win here. Numbers brought up a good point...TNA heads to the UK soon, and they won't go there without the Brits holding the tag belts.

Well, the Brits won, but that's a good thing. The Guns were amazing here, and almost had me thinking they were going to pull off the win. Sabin and Shelley both pulled out all the stops, and really set the stage for the entire show.

The Brits hung in the match also, and seeing them win with the double team was perfect. They keep the heat, and it helped them to look like strong champions.

Stronger champions were they to actually win them at some point in 2010, I suppose, NSL, but what to make of Nash winning the TNA Tag Titles shot as well? What about the fall-out with Beer Money, Inc. failing to pull down the case? I'm not sure this'll go over as clean as we'd like it. I was really hoping to see MCMG go full-circle with the momentum they took into the PPV considering the pinfall wins against Magnus and Williams in separate iMPACT! week matches.

The match was a good starter, and the British Invasion is really being built up in a Honky Tonk Man kind of fashion that'll really pay off when they finally do lose the straps. And then, when MCMG eventually do when the belts, regardless of who they take them from, that'll be huge, too. I actually think that--gasp!--TNA might be doing a little bit of long-term booking here! Solid, 3/5 match, for sure...I dug it.

The problem with the Brits winning is where does the MCMG go from here? Nash won the tag team championship case, so he is going to cash it against his World Elite team? I was really hoping for MCMG to pull out the V last night.

The good thing is that the much was what a tag match was supposed to be. Some say the tag division in TNA is dead, but as long as teams like Motor City exist, I say they are alive and well.

Hopefully this isn't the end of their feud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back