FIFA Ships 4.5 Million Copies.

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
That's right! FIFA 10 has shipped over four and a half million copies of the game since it's release on October 2nd. Now, I knew from the get-go that FIFA was a good game. However, four and a half million copies in just over two months is a great total for EA. EA have managed to put together a game that has smashed all of the barriers that I thought it would ever do and so far, it is Europe's leading game in terms of sales. It should also be noted that FIFA 10 has improved it's sales from last year. A 29% increase in sales from FIFA 09 has ensured that EA dominate the Christmas market this year.

Tyhe other thing is, that EA are introducing a "new" mode for FIFA 10. It will be called Ultimate Team and will be a direct follow up from the FIFA 09 equivalent. Now, for me, this is just another way to get more money from the consumers. Of course it is. EA are known for this and you know that more people will buy the game for this mode. It's actually quite a sound business strategy, if you ask me. Upon release, FIFA was probably the only very good game that was hitting the shelves. People were desperate for a new game after quite a baron summer and FIFA seems to have filled that void. Now, with Call Of Duty being released, the sales of FIFA have slowed and with good reason. However, by releasing the new content, FIFA stays relevant and gives people renewed interest in the game heading into the Christmas period. Very clever.

So what do you guys think of the numbers? Is it justified for a game that people have labelled as the same thing from last year? What do you think of the "new" mode? Is it worth buying for 400 Microsoft points?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back