• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fertig The Vampire

S

Soul Crusher

First off, let me point out by saying that the very thing that WWECW has poked fun at is now going to be a part of the show - a gimmick wrestler.

Second, I remember Kevin Fertig as the Mordecai character - his mic skills were quite good while his wrestling was atrocious. I thought he was sent down to OVW to hone his skills in the ring? I know he was released and then re-signed because we all know how much Vinnie Mac loves his big guys. Personally, I liked the originality of the Mordecai character and wished they would have given it another shot. The character was unique enough to help me overlook his subpar wrestling skills.

Third, I saw that sketch with Fertig and Ariel the tarot card reader. She says "What does the future hold? The future holds ... blood", while Fertig says nothing and simply spits "blood" (probably Hawaiian Punch) into the camera lens. Tell me something - what the heck is WWECW trying to accomplish here? Are they trying to scare the audience out of their wits? Are they trying to make us tremble with fear and send chills up our spines? If that's what they were going for, then they failed miserably. I couldn't stop laughing, as that was the funniest thing I've seen on the show aside from The Zombie and maybe Macho Libre. This guy is kind of like the Boogeyman, with the only difference being that we're supposed to take this guy seriously ... give me a break!

Vinnie Mac really thinks that ECW fans are a bunch of clueless children, with this silly character and with the horrible main event they have planned for this weak (Big Show vs. Undertaker). Is he trying to bury this company? It certainly seems that way.

I remember reading that Sci-Fi actually wanted an alien character on the show. I guess that's where Vinnie Mac drew the line - he wasn't willing to go that far. He's usually so accomodating to the network and the advertisers, like how he's willing to drop the top-selling "ECF'NW" shirt. It's a shame he doesn't listen to the fans the way he does to them - we're the reason why Vinnie Mac is a billionaire just as well.

realblackhart said:
Heyman is trying to appeal to a new audience (supposedly) and they have to satisfy Sci-fi somehow

Well, here's hoping that if they move to another network (like USA for instance), they do the right thing with Fertig and send him to where he belongs - SmackDown!, with the boogeymen, the fitness gurus, the pirates and the men in dresses.

I agree, while Vince might not be using ECW properly, outside of what Scifi wants, and Sandman beating down on gimicks, you really havent seen stories or gimicks on the show. something is better than nothing

im actually interested in the gimmick but i dont want to see them evry week split blood at us and leave i mean like have them interfere in a match or something

I would like to see what he has, but the reason that our matches are so short is because the ME has been 15-20 min long and they have these other guys to try to build the show around

I've heard that Fertig sucks in the ring - he has received the "You Can't Wrestle" chant at ECW house shows. He also put on a terrible match against Hardcore Holly as the Mordecai character at a SD! PPV - it was reported that it was the reason why he was sent back to OVW.

I did really like his Mordecai gimmick, but this one is just stupid. I don't see it going no where, and when he debuts he will be doing squash matches against old ECW wrestlers.

Demolisher said:
I did really like his Mordecai gimmick, but this one is just stupid. I don't see it going no where, and when he debuts he will be doing squash matches against old ECW wrestlers.

Exactly. Why Vinnie thinks nothing of pissing all over the "ECW Originals" (including former ECW World Heavyweight Champion, Justin Credible) is something I'll never understand. I think ECW is just another opportunity for him to showcase homegrown talent by always allowing them to prevail over wrestlers that started out somewhere else.

ECW is a sideshow to draw in the money of the ECW fan who wouldn't follow to the WWE. That is all this is.

Vince calls the shots and the wrestling isn't the same. I mean the main event is just a whole bunch of RVD challenges typical WWE main eventer. RVD gets busted for pot and now Big Show challenges typical WWE main eventer.

As for Mordecai. It was a great character, but he can't wrestle. You can't teach someone in-ring ability. He would almost make a great manager in the Paul Bearer type role as the voice of the wrestler. Run the holier than thou rant and then have his disciple beat the crap out of someone.
In the "ECW" he's just going into a harsh environment. The WWE fans tolerate bad wrestling all the time from the 7 foot stiffs, to Cena, to Hardcore Holly...etc. (by the way saying Fertig was the reason a Holly match was brutal isn't saying much. Guys like Jericho couldn't even pull his abilities up).

ECW just is what it is now. A shadow of what it used to be, and just a side project for some of the guys who were better than treated on RAW/Smackdown to get more attention.

Im assuming that Fertig is now called Kevin Thorn but I beg to differ with the fans that were originally or still against gimicks in ECW. i was watching the history of ECW on WWE 24/7 and I saw Gangreil, he came down to beat up on Dreamer because he was with Luna. Taz used to be the Tazmaniac. so look at the wrestlers now, there really isn't that many gimick wrestlers. and if history repeats itself, ECW used to have gimick guys early in it's history and it slowly evolved into EC'Fn"W. lets hope for the same

Assuming this Kevin Fertig is Thorn, I see some potential in this big guy. He's actually not that bad and pretty flexible in the ring for a big guy. It's obvious that he's getting his push by winning his matches, he's making his way up the ranks in ECW slowly but surely.

As for the vampire gimmick, their are vampires out there, not the one's that have supernatural powers, the subculture of human vampires who practice that weird stuff, thats how I'm thinking of it when I watch thorn...

His music is awesome and dark and I like how he has that tarot reader chick comes to the ring with him...

he's looked alright so far. it's hard to tell though with the low quality matches that only last a few minutes. it seriously feels like we're watching Sunday Night Heat here (is that show still on?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back