• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Favourite Wrestlemania PPV?

Wolf Pac

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Don't just pick any Wrestlemania because of only one match or for only it's main event. Pick based on the full WM show from the beginning of the show to the ending of the PPV.

My picks...

Wrestlemania 21
It had an epic start with the highlights of all the Hollywood movie parodies that played over the past few weeks on Raw till they showed their newest one with Austin as Russell Crowe in Gladiator, it was a hilarious parody aswell. They had top notch matches throughout the whole card except for Trish Stratus vs. Christy Hemme & Show vs. Akebono. Eddie vs. Rey has to be one of my favourite WM openers along with Bret vs. Owen, they had a hell of a match. Randy Orton was pretty convincing of nearly ending Taker's streak, Angle vs. Shawn has to be one of the greatest Wrestlemania matches in history and the PPV made their two new top stars to lead them into the future, Cena & Batista. Not to mention, the debut of MiTB. Epic card, this is my No. 1 pick for favourite full WM show.

Wrestlemania 10
There were a few disasters on the PPV like Bam Bam, Alundra Blaze, Earthquake, the Tag Team Title & the 2 WWF Title matches. But I actually did like the idea of the 2 WWF Title matches especially with them having Special Referees, it had one of the best openers in Bret vs. Owen, the match which put Ladder matches on the map, Shawn vs. Razor and Randy Savage carried Crush to a good match, those matches were what saved WM 10 from being a total bomb.

Wrestlemania 2000
The only worthless match on here was The Kat vs. Terri Runnels but I thought every other match was good to be honest including the filler matches such as Godfather & D-Lo vs. Bull & Bossman, T&A vs. Blackman & Snow. Highlights of the PPV were the Triple Threat 2 Out Of 3 Falls, the Hardcore Title match which was hilarious at times & had a good finish, the Triangle Ladder match & the main event which was good for it being Foley's last match, the heel turn by Vince and the fact a heel had won & retained the WWF Title at Mania which we never saw on any of the previous Mania's before. Also it sent the fans home happy with Rock taking out the McMahons.

Wrestlemania 17
Pretty much like Wrestlemania 2000, the only bombs on the show were Chyna vs. Ivory & the legends Battle Royal although it was worth watching just simply for Bobby Heenan's hilarious commentary. Every other match was good, well maybe not Taz & APA vs. RTC but at the same time I could still stand the match. It had it's epic moments such as Taker's ride down the ramp in his entrance, Shane O' Mac's Van Terminator to Vince, the TLC as a whole and obviously the Austin heel turn, siding with Vince which has to be one of the most unpredictable endings ever. Oh and it had the best PPV theme ever, just hearing the song play along with the Wrestlemania 17 highlights at the end sent chills & shivers down my spine.

Wrestlemania 19 Best wrestling wrestlemania I think. Only one crazy gimmick match with the Hogan/McMahon street fight, which was still fun to watch (mcmahon off the ladder!)

Had HBK/Jericho, Angle/Lesnar, the triple threat for the tag titles was fast and furious for only that short time, Rock/Austin, and the triple threat woman's title which was really good too, above and beyond any divas match today.

For me its a tie between Wrestlemania 17, and 21.

Every match outside of Chyna/Ivory was solid, I really like seeing some of the older guys in the Gimmick Battle Royal from when I was growing up. Plus, during this, when Heenan said "by the time Iron Sheik gets to the ring, it will time for Wrestlemani 38"...that line is classic, and the crowd was into the entire show, even the "bad" matches.

As far as 21: same as above. Every match was solid, and the crowd was into it from the beginning to the end. Every match was solid, although the whole Playboy think was pointless, even though I know that, they were just trying to sell the magazine, but, still.

Wrestlemania 20 couldve been on here, but, it seemed like with the exception of the Undertaker/Kane, Kurt Angle/Eddie Guerrero, and the Triple Threat main event, the crowd was absolutely DEAD.

Wrestlemania 18 was probably one of the best cards I have ever seen. It was one of the most exciting ones in years because the NWO was in the WWF, meaning Hogan, DIESEL, and RAZOR were back! It was incredible to see them in matches on the card. It's a shame it wasn't Austin vs Hogan that year, I think it would have been much more epic, and the crowd probably wouldn't have booed Austin like they booed Rock.

Also, Triple H was a face at this mania, and he was larger than life that year when he beat Jericho to be the undisputed champion.

Taker and Flair was so so, not my favorite Taker match.

Also, Wrestlemania 13 was bad ass too. Taker vs. Sid

Owen and Bulldog vs Vader and Mankind
Bret vs. Austin

This was such a great mania because it was the last mania before the attitude era took full swing. Bret turned heel the night after, Taker was champ, and Owen and Bulldog, one of my favorite tag teams ever were on the card. That was such an awesome mania.

So I would say 13 and 18 were my favs.

Wrestlemania 22 was one of my favorite Wrestlemania's for sure. An underrated one too IMO. Money In The Bank Ladder match was awesome with RVD winning it. HBK vs. Vince was pretty awesome as well. Triple Threat Match for the WHC with Rey Mysterio beating Angle and Orton was a good match. Cena vs. Triple H in the main event was pretty good as well. Casket Match with Taker and Henry was decent, and I even enjoyed JBL vs. Benoit for the US title. Call me crazy if you want, but this one is one of my favorite Mania's

Wrestlemania 19 is the best wrestlemania. It had 5 main event level matches. Shawn Michaels vs Chris Jericho - Shawn's return to Wrestlemania. Triple H vs Booker T - Great big match feel to it! Hulk Hogan vs Vince McMahon. The Rock vs Steve Austin. Brock Lesnar vs Kurt Aangle.

This is an easy one for my. Wrestlemaina 17...hands down!! Not only was i there live, it meets the requirements you asked for. Other than the 6 man tag, and the diva match, every other match was great. Even Eddy and Test had a good match (nacho break during but seen it on the DVD) The Legend battle royal was cool, especially marking out for Kamala! Taker and Trips had a classic. And Kurt Angle wrestled this one guy...I forget his name. Something about a wolverine, i forget him. Shane O Mac's Van Terminator, and the EPIC heel turn of SCSA (which my cousin called before the match started) And did i mention Hardy get speared while hanging on the belt!! Only thing was missing was Shawn Micheals

I say WrestleMania X-Seven hands down. That was my personal favorite event ever, and I think it is the best 'Mania to date. The card was stacked, and almost every match was EXCELLENT. The main event was great, Rock/Austin tore the roof off, and the TLC match was obviously very memorable. The Angle/Benoit encounter was another great match, a technical masterpiece where both guys really showcased their abilities in a nice match. I like the opener, Jericho and Regal worked great together and made for one hell of a start to the show. I also enjoyed the Hardcore Title match, it wasn't meant to be a great match, but it provided for some cheap entertainment and excitement.

Wrestlemania 22 was one of my favorite Wrestlemania's for sure. An underrated one too IMO. Money In The Bank Ladder match was awesome with RVD winning it. HBK vs. Vince was pretty awesome as well. Triple Threat Match for the WHC with Rey Mysterio beating Angle and Orton was a good match. Cena vs. Triple H in the main event was pretty good as well. Casket Match with Taker and Henry was decent, and I even enjoyed JBL vs. Benoit for the US title. Call me crazy if you want, but this one is one of my favorite Mania's

It was one of my favorites too. I still think they should've reversed HHH/Cena and Mysterio/Angle/Orton for these reasons.

Mysterio WON The Royal Rumble, but his match doesn't end the show.

The Triple Threat had a lot more buildup than HHH vs Cena.

The World Title Match was so rushed. I never saw a faster World Title Match than at WrestleMani 21 with Cena & JBL. If it was given more time, it could've been way better than Cen & HHH. IMO.

Wrestlemania 19 is the best wrestlemania. It had 5 main event level matches. Shawn Michaels vs Chris Jericho - Shawn's return to Wrestlemania. Triple H vs Booker T - Great big match feel to it! Hulk Hogan vs Vince McMahon. The Rock vs Steve Austin. Brock Lesnar vs Kurt Aangle.

I look back on that match now and I wanted Booker to win. I forgot how much Triple H hogged the World Title in 2003.

My choice is pretty simple here: WrestleMania X-Seven. Like someone said before, the card was stacked, that whole show had such a Big Time "This Is It" Feeling. The crowd was Hot for the whole night. Every match had a story behind it, every match was entertaining, even the Women's Title & The Gimmick Battle Royal. From top to bottom, this was the only Mania that FELT like it was WrestleMania. The opening Intro was even on point.

WrestleMania 21 by far. This to me is the greatest WrestleMania ever because every match was entertaining and had great match-ups. Well...not exactly....there was Big Show vs Akebono...:disappointed: . But other than that, 5 star card. Orton vs Taker, MiTB, Hemme vs Stratus, Cena vs JBL, Mysterio vs E Guerrero, Angle vs Michaels, and HHH vs Batista. Plus, it had Piper's pit w/ Steve Austin and Hulk Hogan made a return. No other WrestleMania can compare with this one. I am proud to own this WrestleMania on DVD.

For me it's either WM 17 or WM 26. On WM 17 you had a huge stacked card where every match had a purpose and besides The Woman's Title match there wasn't one bad thing about it, much like WM 26. Everyone that was one the card mattered and there wasn't any filler besides The Tag Titles and the divas match. And even then all the matches ranged from pretty good to great which is how the biggest show of the year should be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back