• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Favourite entrance theme from the 'Attitude Era'

Kane-a-Roonie

Dark Match Jobber
The tittle says it all really, What is your favourite theme used by a wrestler in the WWF between the years 1995 and 2001.

For me it comes down to two;

Mick Foley
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQrpJ8TKkXw[/YOUTUBE]

Mick's started using 'Wreck' in 1999 as he ended his Mankind gimmick and made his transition into the happy go lucky Mick Foley and for me this was the perfect theme for him. And like Takers' gong, Stone Colds shattering glass or The Rocks 'IF YA CAN SMELLLL' it had that opening hook which made you instantly recognise the perfomer.

But I think my favourite is.......
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTZ68nlcwLA[/YOUTUBE]

This theme and the entrance itself, with gangrel rising from the fire, actually scared me. Like Mick's it had that opening hook, in this case the whispering/breathing or whatever thats meant to be. This theme was just perfect for his gimmick and is my favourite.

But whats yours?

I have two. One is The Undertakers Ministry Theme. It was dark and menacing, but also just flat out bad ass. The combination of the guitar and the sound that can only be described as a dark orchestra, plus the background chanting of "satanic rituals" with sounds of thunder and rain really brought the entire "Lord of Darkness" character to a whole new level.
The second would be the theme that Steve Austin used after his return from neck surgery, Glass Shatters played by Disturbed. its was hard, and bad ass. the lyrics about challenging the next person to "step up" so that they can be the next in line to get "killed", for me, was the embodiment of the Stone Cold character.

I'd have to vote Austin's theme the best from the Attitude Era and probably the best of any era for that matter because I don't think any theme fit the character better than Austin's (besides HBK and Taker). The reason I like Austin's better than HBK and Taker's though is because its more intense, more exciting, so I get so excited once the glass shatters

One of my favorites from that era would have to have been Val Venis. That awesome saxophone, plus the opening "Hello Ladies" was just classic and the entrance video was quite funny to watch. That entrance video was dirtier than my grandparents browser histories.

The Undertakers Ministry theme is one of my favourites but I liked many from that era.

D-Generation X theme was/is pretty fucking cool and I love Rage Against the Machine so again this is one of my favourites.

I cant narrow it to one :/ Its between Takers Ministry theme, The Brood & New age outlaws Ooh You DIDNT KNOWWWWWWW! ... Always got the crowds pumped up. Just awesome themes

D-Generation X theme was/is pretty fucking cool and I love Rage Against the Machine so again this is one of my favourites.

you do know that the DX theme was preformed by the Chris Warren Band, and not RATM, right? I love Rage, and I like the DX theme, but it wasn't Zach who asked, "Are you ready?"... thats just a common misconception and mistake that people have been making for nearly 15 years

I Have a few.

Here is my favorite undertaker (Ministry of darkness) theme used at wrestlemania 15 (1999) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvNPzSIpAd4

I love the original Stone Cold Theme but this one may be my favorite.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5Xn3vwjp1A

Also loved Godfather, and too many more to name.

Also this isn't a theme sorry but i had to post its just a hilarious clip with Mae young and Fabulous Moolah on Conan o Brien Show from 2005

Check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoPgUCVYntw

you do know that the DX theme was preformed by the Chris Warren Band, and not RATM, right? I love Rage, and I like the DX theme, but it wasn't Zach who asked, "Are you ready?"... thats just a common misconception and mistake that people have been making for nearly 15 years

Yes, I do know that...

I love Rage Against The Machine and the DX Theme is very much of that style so that is why I it is one of my favourites.

Yes, I do know that...

I love Rage Against The Machine and the DX Theme is very much of that style so that is why I it is one of my favourites.

As someone who has played in a Rage Against the Machine cover band, no. Not at all. The vocalist sound similar, but that's the extent of it. And I'm not trying to be a hater because DX and RatM are two of my favorite things in their respective industries.

To answer OP, the New Age Outlaws. I remember when it used to start out with Road Dogg and then the music, but the switched it around so the music started and then "Ooooohh, you didn't knooooooow?" that just got the crowd pumped. Similar to "Oooooooooooh what a rush!" but I feel like NAO got more people riled up (at least when I started watching.)

Gangrel had a pretty sweet entrance, and the music was. I also really liked Ken Shamrock's music.

I have a couple, the Corporate Ministry beginning with Shane's evil laugh. New Age Outlaws, Triple H "My Time" DX of course and The Rock

As someone who has played in a Rage Against the Machine cover band, no. Not at all. The vocalist sound similar, but that's the extent of it. And I'm not trying to be a hater because DX and RatM are two of my favorite things in their respective industries.

err.. What the fuck? I was not asking for an opinion because it's a FACT.. to me the DX song has a Rage Against the Machine vibe going on. Not that it matters but for the record it does to many many many other people also. It obviously has differences because it is not Rage but it is similar and it doesn't take sombody being in a cover band to see or not see that. I don't even know why you bought that up? I'm in a band too..so what! I listen to Rage I have ears.

Anyway people here are always trying to outprove peoples opinions it's cute.

Keeping on topic I also like The Broods theme and entrance as a whole.

For me, there is two, although I'm not sure if either of them qualify! The first would be heel Rocky's holywood theme, as seen below

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyaLfR5aDK8[/YOUTUBE]

The build...the waitup. After all the years of the hard hitting Rock entrance of "IF YA SMELLL" this was certainly a shock to me personally. A shock I loved. You wait and wait, and all you get is a "...Is cooking..." and then the song hits. Sounding deciedly more bad-attitude like than any of The Rock's previous themes (perhaps baring his nation theme). Not sure if this one qualifies as it was during the shift of the eras.

My second faveroite may not qualify as it isnt from the WWF, but none the less, I absoutley adored it. That theme would be DDP's Nirvana soundalike, as seen below

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XfWx-LRBUM[/YOUTUBE]

My reasons for liking this theme are decidley more simplistic. I was and still am a huge Nirvana fan, and when DDP came out to this, I coudent help but think everything associated with it was awesome.

If neither of them qualify, I would have to also go for the Undertaker's ministry theme. It was so hard hitting, and as many before me have stated, it just took the "Lord of Darkness" gimmick to a new level.

I would have to say my three favorites were Gangrel, THE New Age Outlaws, and probably my favorite theme of all time, My Time (or Higher Brain Pattern w/ the lyrics) for Triple H. Fuckin'. Bad. Ass. :worship:

Two words: 'My Time'. I absolutely loved that song and every time it hit I marked out like mad. It also signified a major shift in the Triple H character that I was a massive proponent of. The Game's character at the time was one of the coolest heels I've ever seen, and his theme song was kick ass.

I really liked The Rock's from his Nation Days (Do You Smell What The Rock Is Cookin?) I'd say that was probably my favorite era Rock, and I just found the theme to be awesome and fit so well when he would arrogantly walk to the ring.
I liked a few others, but maybe some lesser known ones. those being...
- Too Sexy Brian Christopher's theme. It was also used by The Godfather when he was Kama The Supreme Fighting Machine.
-The Big Bossman's return theme

The Undertakers Ministry theme is one of my favourites but I liked many from that era.

you probably already know this, but i'm gonna say it anyway.. the DX theme is not by Rage Against the Machine.. it's the Chris Warren Band also known as the DX Band..

anyway.. my favorite during the attitude era would have to be Undertaker's Ministry theme.. it just set the mood perfectly for the deadman also The Brood / Gangrel's theme was awesome.. many i have so many.. another favorite was Mankind's original theme..

For me it's a tie between HHH/MChelmEra My time theme and the Corporte Ministry theme, it wasn't THAT good, but it gave you a chill everytime you heard it.

Saying that, I really liked Steve Blackmans ''Leathal Weapon'' 2nd theme, it was plain with no words but by god it worked.

The new age outlaws. When you have an audience singing along to most of the words for your entrance for approximately 5 minutes or so.. it doesn't get much better than that.

Hands down it was Gangrel's entrance for me. The theme captured the essence of the character perfectly. The coming up through the fire was a supremely unique facet to the entrance, one that I think should be brought back for a darker character in the future. It certainly made you pay attention to what was happening and added menace to Gangrel. As did his spitting out the blood on the ring steps, which completed the whole spectacle. It had such an eerie vibe, so unlike everything we had seen outside of some of Undertaker's theatrics. Gangrel was nothing more then a midcard wrestler, yet his entrance gave him a special aura. It shocks me it hasn't been lifted, or at least partly copied, for some other wrestler as of yet. That particular entrance/theme could do wonders in helping get someone else over.

Steve Blackman "Lethal Weapon". It's a good theme because it's somehow a mix of badass and goofy. It's essentially what would happen if you made a Chuck Norris joke into a song. Which is funny because Steve Blackman is essentially what would happen if you turned a Chuck Norris joke into a wrestler...

Gangrel's is another. It's "shoulder shrugging" music. You just wanna bounce your shoulders to the music. In fact, at one show I remember the entire first row doing some shoulder bouncing in unison, in rhythm to the song.

All in all I think the attitude era was pretty much nothing but stuff that was goofy but seen as badass and it worked to be "fun".

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back