• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Favorite Von Erich

Who is your favorite Von Erich?

• Fritz

• David

• Kevin

• Kerry

• Mike

• Chris

• Ross

• Marshall

• Lacey

• Waldo

• Lance

Results are only viewable after voting.

BringThePain834

Getting Noticed By Management
Fritz- Father of 6 sons, 5 of whom wrestled professionally.

David- He was being groomed to be the NWA World Champion at the time of his death

Kevin- He pent the majority of his career in World Class/USWA

Kerry- He had a two week reign as NWA World Champion...IC Champion in the WWF

Mike- He had a pretty short in ring career

Chris- He also had a rather short in ring career

Ross- Kevin Von Erich' son. He appeared in TNA recently

Marshall- Another one of Kevin Von Erich's sons. He also appeared in TNA recently

Lacey- Kerry Von Erich's daughter. She was on the TNA Knockout roster

Waldo- Billed as Fritz's brother. No actual family relation

Lance- Billed as Fritz's nephew. No actual family relation

From re-watching all of the Von Erichs, I personally think that David was the best all around wrestler. I hear that it was David supposed to have that NWA title reign instead of Kerry, but since he died, Kerry got the title run. While none of the Von Erichs were really good promo guys, David at least showed some personality. He also worked as a heel for a short period of time in the Florida territory.

I think Kerry was the class of all of Fritz's boys.

He had the best look and was arguably the best worker. He was the only Von Erich with enough of a total package to get over and get booked strong on a stage like the early 90s WWF. He had a nice IC title run at a time when that meant something, got a win at Wrestlemania, was on a winning team at consecutive Survivor Series, and had a nice 25 minute run in the '91 Rumble(notably being the third and final man eliminated by Taker in their first Rumble appearance).

All that on top of beating Ric Flair for the NWA strap in 1984, at only 24 years old.

As for the next generation of Von Erich's; despite being Kerry's daughter and being smoking hot, Lacey is one of the worst in-ring performers I've ever witnessed. And turning attention to Kevin's boys, Marshall has a ton of promise. He is only 21 and has done some nice work in NOAH already, he doesn't look good yet tagging with his older and less talented brother, but he shows promise as a singles guy and could end up having a real impact in the business as he gets further seasoned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back