• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Favorite Tarantino Movie?

Favorite Tarantino Movie?

• Reservoir Dogs

• Pulp Fiction

• From Dusk Till Dawn

• Jackie Brown

• Kill Bill 1 & 2

• Grindhouse

• Inglorious Bastards

Results are only viewable after voting.

Big Papa Santo

Ryder? I barely even know her!
Tarantino in my opinion, is one of the greatest American directors of all time, the way he mixes dark humor with action and great deep story ines just makes each of his movies a great i nits own, but what is your favorite Quentin Tarantino Movie?
Mine's Pulp Fiction its not just my favorite Tarantino movie, but my favorite movie of all time, the way that he mixe's dark humor with greasy 90's gangland L.A. is the reason that i almost religiously watch it once a week, (Much to the despise of my girlfriend) i can honestly say that i can quote that movie endlessly. Oh and there's Ving Rhanes getting raped by rednecks :lmao:

It has to be Pulp Fiction. It is by far one of the most ridiculous, yet inspired movies I have ever seen. Quentin Tarantino is a brilliant, sometimes misunderstood writer/director who has put out some ground-breaking films. Over time he's become more of a cult, or niche director, but I've followed his work since the beginning.

Pulp Fiction is my favorite of his collection. Kill Bill is second in line, followed by Resevoir Dogs and Kill Bill 2. Sin City and Inglorious Bastards are both amazing movies, and I couldn't be more excited for Kill Bill 3 coming out in 2014!

The greatest and most icon Tarantino film is obviously Pulp Fiction and I love that movie along with really any of his movies but my personal favorite is Inglorious Basterds. I thought this movie was one of the most brilliant films I have ever seen, everything from the way it was filmed to the amazing acting from Christoph Waltz and Michael Fassbender was perfect. I'm already a sucker for a World War 2 movie, but combine that with such an amazing cast and one of my favorite directors and you've got a movie that I love.

The Kill Bill series, the fight scenes were great.Loved the story, felt real to me.At times you thought the main character would be killed at points, but she kept fighting and fighting.The Big Boss being David Cardarine perfect guy to be a bad guy.Overall great movies, wish their was a 3 installment..

Reservoir Dogs for me. It's a simple premise that delivers a lot of memorable scenes and snippets of dialogue. The bulk of the cast give fantastic performances, with Madsen, Roth and Keitel arguably being the best of the bunch.

I have a question about the poll, why is From Dusk Till Dawn included but True Romance isn't? He didn't direct either but played a big part in the production of both films. I would have loved to see Tarantino direct his own version of True Romance, though it's hard to think if he would have made it any better than Scott's version.

Reservoir Dogs for me. It's a simple premise that delivers a lot of memorable scenes and snippets of dialogue. The bulk of the cast give fantastic performances, with Madsen, Roth and Keitel arguably being the best of the bunch.

I have a question about the poll, why is From Dusk Till Dawn included but True Romance isn't? He didn't direct either but played a big part in the production of both films. I would have loved to see Tarantino direct his own version of True Romance, though it's hard to think if he would have made it any better than Scott's version.

Sorry about that, i tried to only include his most well-known movies, the ones that put him on the map, or that won him awards.

Artistically, "Pulp Fiction" might have been the best, but I have a special place for "From Dusk Till Dawn" simply because Tarantino accomplished the unusual; he made two movies under the heading of one.

You figure someone could make an action/adventure film about two bank robbers on the run......or they can make a vampire/horror movie. Instead, Tarantino does both under one heading and I marvel that he accomplished it.

Admittedly, it took George Clooney's insane characterization of Seth to bring it together; he was amazing in dealing with his own image of himself as a renegade ("A couple of bad motor scooters") even as he displayed a latent conscience which showed up when you least expected it. Then, he dealt with the blatant lunacy of his brother, his respect/disgust for a preacher who had lost his faith, his decency in dealing with the preacher's kids.......and, of course, a penchant for fighting off scores of vampires.

Quentin Tarantino is to movie making what Edgar Allan Poe was to poets: a master at controlled insanity that adds (rather than detracts) from what he's looking to accomplish in his profession.

Artistically, "Pulp Fiction" might have been the best, but I have a special place for "From Dusk Till Dawn" simply because Tarantino accomplished the unusual; he made two movies under the heading of one.

You figure someone could make an action/adventure film about two bank robbers on the run......or they can make a vampire/horror movie. Instead, Tarantino does both under one heading and I marvel that he accomplished it.

Admittedly, it took George Clooney's insane characterization of Seth to bring it together; he was amazing in dealing with his own image of himself as a renegade ("A couple of bad motor scooters") even as he displayed a latent conscience which showed up when you least expected it. Then, he dealt with the blatant lunacy of his brother, his respect/disgust for a preacher who had lost his faith, his decency in dealing with the preacher's kids.......and, of course, a penchant for fighting off scores of vampires.

Quentin Tarantino is to movie making what Edgar Allan Poe was to poets: a master at controlled insanity that adds (rather than detracts) from what he's looking to accomplish in his profession.

While I do love From Dusk Till Dawn for the reasons you gave, it was Robert Rodriguez who directed it although Tarantino did co-write it with RR. They are a great team though and were unfortunate that the Grindhouse effort didn't go as well as expected as Death Proof is a solid film. Planet Terror I wasn't as impressed with but I thought it kept closer to the B-movie feel the project was going for.

The torture bit in Reservoir Dogs is one of the most intense scenes in film history. I remember watching that it for the first time at around 3am with a few friends, drinking a couple of beers. I had no expectations for it, and that scene blew my mind. If it hadn't been for Pulp Fiction, this would be a clear victory in my mind, as far as Tarentino's library is concerned.

Man I remember back From Dusk 'Til Dawn was on tv one night. I was watching it with my family at my uncle's vacation spot in Iowa. That movie freaked me out and I was terrified of vampires, especially ones that looked like that. The dark scared me as I thought they would walk through my door. *Shivers* Yikes. But alas he didn't direct it.

Favorite that he directed is probably Pulp Fiction. What can you say about the movie without regurgitating anything? It rocks my socks from beginning to end. Dialogue, action, actors, has it all. "Does Marsellus Wallace, look, like a bitch?" "What?" Wrong answer. Favorite scene of the movie hands down, always laughing at "ENGLISH MOTHER FUCKER, DO YOU SPEAK IT?!"

[YOUTUBE]SKP7RA-yPc4[/YOUTUBE]

Man I remember back From Dusk 'Til Dawn was on tv one night. I was watching it with my family at my uncle's vacation spot in Iowa. That movie freaked me out and I was terrified of vampires, especially ones that looked like that. The dark scared me as I thought they would walk through my door. *Shivers* Yikes. But alas he didn't direct it.

Favorite that he directed is probably Pulp Fiction. What can you say about the movie without regurgitating anything? It rocks my socks from beginning to end. Dialogue, action, actors, has it all. "Does Marsellus Wallace, look, like a bitch?" "What?" Wrong answer. Favorite scene of the movie hands down, always laughing at "ENGLISH MOTHER FUCKER, DO YOU SPEAK IT?!"

[YOUTUBE]SKP7RA-yPc4[/YOUTUBE][/QUOT
"What does Marcellus Wallace look like?"
"Um he's black"
"Goe on"
"And he's bald"
"Does he look like a Bitch?"
"What?"
"DOES HE LOOK LIKE A BITCH?"
"No"
"Then why you trying to fuck him like a bitch Brett, Mr.Wallace only likes to be fucked by Mrs.Wallace"
Classic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back