Favorite short term or temporary tag teaM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ubiquitous

Paint by numbers.
I just want to know your favorite tag teams that weren't considered "long term" teams. There's no restrictions here, other than the team must have been atleast referred to as a team at some point. I'm not just looking for two guys that tagged together for an episode of Raw, let's also make it so they tagged together for 9 months or less.

I'm gonna go with...
The Rock and Trish Stratus

No no, I kid. I kid.

My actual choice is Billy Kidman and Paul London. One time WWE tag team champs. They just seemed to mesh well, and although it might not be as goods team team as London and Kendrick, I still really liked these two.

Well they were only Tag Team Champions & lasted as a tag team for a few weeks against their own will but Shawn Michaels & Stone Cold. I know you asked for us to pick a team that lasted months but I can't pick any other short term team I like better than Cold & HBK. When I watched their matches against Owen & Bulldog and LOD, I saw they had great chemistry together as if they were a legit tag team and it was always fun to see them bickering with each other while they were teaming. I wish they had lasted longer.

Also Dude Love & Austin as a team. I loved Mankind going around the previous weeks on Raw saying "Pick Me Steve" and then when Austin wouldn't pick him, Mick debuts Dude Love during the tag title match, helps Austin win the belts and then he gets handed the belt by Austin, they shake hands & Dude celebrates with ladies, getting everything he wanted since he was a kid to end the show, it was a feel good moment. And like HBK & Austin, they also had great chemistry together. Dude was a loyal partner, he refused to be Tag Champion as long as Austin wasn't his partner.

The Miz and John Morrison; loved them together. They worked really well together and were so funny. I especially liked watching them on the Dirt Sheet. They also made history by winning the Tag Titles at a Raw house show in my home town of Hamilton. :)

KURT ANGLE and CHRIS BENOIT there matches for the smackdown tag team titles againgst LOS GUERREROS and matches againgst EDGE and MYSTERIO were awesome.I would also like to point out that the best promos performed by a temporary tag team were the ROCK and SOCK CONNECTION.

the "best friends" Mick foley and Al Snow.... Cmon the patty cake patty cake elbow drop and white guy high five after a win????

also

head cheese

al snow + steve blackman... another short lived but ultimately fun tag team

I liked the Allied Powers consisting of The British Bulldog and Lex Luger. They were both working Patriotic gimmicks to a degree and were both upper mid-card powerhouses. They were given a theme tune which consisted of both men's original tracks mixed in. I thought they were class but they didnt last too long as Lex famously jumped ship to WCW and Bulldog got his first heel turn..

The powers Of Pain, Two Man Power Trip, Kamala and the Botswana Beast, Dustin Rhodes and Ricky Steamboat, and Rick Martel and Tom Zenk.

Booker T & Goldust. It was rather silly, but the comedy segments that came from this pairing were awesome. I think it started as Goldust wanting just to be a team with Booker, who was more interested in being with the NWO. After they booted him, Goldust was the only one who had his back so they formed a pretty sweet team for a while. Even won the Tag Titles for a while.

Completely ******ed? Absolutely but it's still fucking hilarious in my eyes.

BTW, Miz & Morrison were not a short term tag team. No idea why anyone would say that.

Two Man Power Trip - Stone Cold Steve Austin and Triple H

Two of my favourite WWE superstars together on the same team.

The Unholy Alliance - The Undertaker and The Bigshow

I like everything The Undertaker and The Bigshow do together.. be it feuding or in this case teaming up and forming a very menacing tag team.

Chris Benoit & Edge. They were tag team champions for a while in 2004 and mostly feuded against La Resistance and Evolution, and I always marked out during their matches. I like the team of Big Show and Kane too, especially when they were champs right before the May 19th angle.

My favorite that didnt last for a real long time was Mick Foley and Edge. Co-holders of the Hardcore title and one of the best Tag Teams that didnt last. Maybe they would have tagged together longer if that wasnt a filler angle after a Wrestlemania.

Someone already mentioned Dude Love and Austin ... would have been awesome if they tagged more, but I know Austin probably had to go back to the WWF Title picture.

I really liked Raven and Tazz as a tag-team but that was probably because I was still marking out over Raven finally joining the WWF. I would have LOVED for them to get a tag-team title reign. It would have been awesome.

But I also really liked Jericho and Christian as a tag team. They always had great chemistry together, both obviously very talented guys who never failed to put on a great match and they were both also hilarious. Some of their material just cracked me up. I still watch some of their stuff on YouTube now. Both are definitely two of the most talented guys in the business right now, and have been for a long time.

Mentioned previously, The Allied Powers, The Powers of Pain, and Vader and Jack, really think Luger and Bulldog could've made one of the best teams of all time had they kept it going, liked their theme too

KURT ANGLE and CHRIS BENOIT there matches for the smackdown tag team titles againgst LOS GUERREROS and matches againgst EDGE and MYSTERIO were awesome.I would also like to point out that the best promos performed by a temporary tag team were the ROCK and SOCK CONNECTION.

I also loved angle and benoit, in the ring they were awesome, and even there promos were funny as hell

My favorite temporary tag team was Johnny Nitro (Morrion) and Kenny Dykstra. I honestly thought they could have been a great tag team and even booked them to be tag team champions on Raw when a friend of mine and I had done a fantasy draft together (I was Raw GM and he was Smackdown GM) anyways, back on topic. This is my favorite short term tag team beause both were young heels with promising futures and got randomly paired together in 2007. Then the draft and Kenny's future endeavourment split them up. I was disappointed that a potentially cool tag team with two of the future stars I liked the most got split up too soon. Oh yeah, and then there's John Cena and Randy Orton. Anyone else remember when they took out the entire Raw roster other than Trips together? That was epic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back