• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Favorite No Mercy PPV

WWEIsLife2

Championship Contender
I was watching No Mercy 2006 again today for the first time in awhile and it got me thinking how underrated that one was. Had a solid Card with the 4-Way for the World Title,Taker/Kennedy,Rey/Chavo in Falls Count Anywhere,Matt Hardy/Gregory Helms,London/Kendrick vs KC James/Idol Stevens,Benoit/Regal.

So that brings me to what is everyone's Favorite No Mercy PPV?

Easily No Mercy 2002. The card was just solid from top to bottom and I'm not just talking about the matches but all of the backstage interviews & segments too.

The opening of the PPV gave us all a good laugh when they showed Taker sitting in the locker room, nursing his injured arm, then Kane comes in & sits next to him, asking him 'how was his week?' after the terrible amount of weeks they both had leading up to the pay per view. I enjoyed RVD's pre-match interview with Coach just minutes before his bout with Flair, it was witty; Funaki's interview with Torrie Wilson's dad Al was funny too. And there was this hilarious segment between Chris Benoit & Eddie Guerrerro, which is one of my favourite backstage segments of all time.

[youtube]OuVGCfaZZCA[/youtube]

As for the matches - Jericho & Christian vs. Booker & Goldust was a good opener; I got scared for Jericho for a second when the second rope snapped just as he went to hit the Lionsault on Goldust, but thank god he wasn't hurt or anything. Torrie Wilson vs. Dawn Marie was probably the only thing I didn't care for on the card but there was one LOL moment in the match where they start rolling around on the floor, having a catfight and they trip the referee over on the mat then roll around on top of him as they continue their catfight, then the ref gets up, breaking Dawn Marie off Torrie before he throws his arms up in the air, celebrating, and Dawn Marie screams at him, telling him he's disgusting. RVD vs. Flair was decent, as was Noble vs. Tajiri; Nidia ****ing herself in the match, kissing Tajiri, Noble and even the ref was pretty funny. And the 3 main events - Angle & Benoit vs. Edge & Mysterio, HHH vs. Kane, Brock vs. Taker in Hell In A Cell; god what a treat to watch, they were all gold, and anyone of those 3 could've easily made Match Of The Year.

No Mercy may be my favourite PPV of 2002. It was a great PPV and there isn't one bad thing that I can recall happening on there.

I agree with Oozin Machismo on No Mercy 2002. I loved Eddie and Benoit as a tag team seeing that they had a lot of history teaming as part of the Radicals, and the history together in WCW as opponents (not sure how often they teamed in WCW where I didn't watch WCW enough)

one of my favoritts was the 2008 edition classic ladder match between hbk and jericho i wanted hbk to win few good bumps taker and big show was decent and triple h jeff hardy was pretty good i actually thought hardy was gonna win and seeing tony atlas was awesome too mark henry lost to matt hardy which if i remember was the opening match

the main reason being is becouse i was there 15 rows up had excellent seats lol

No Mercy 2002. HHH vs Kane was good. Brock vs Undertaker, what a match and so much blood. They made that match feel like it was real. The whole PPV was great

No Mercy 02 if just for Brock Taker. That was actually one of my favorite matches ever with Brock getting the win in the cell. The rest of the card was strong to, but this match is one of the most physical ever. HHH and kane was really good to. No Mercy is a ppv I am probably least familiar with as I have been rewatching all the old stuff and I haven't got to this one yet, but I agree with most that 02 was the best.

There have been many No Mercy PPV's that looked good on card and delivered.

I will go with No Mercy 2009, only for HHH/Jeff Hardy and HBK/Jericho Ladder Match. The matches itself delivered big time, but the important thing to note is how interesting both of them looked on the card. HBK/Jericho feud had been developing since months as the best feud of the year with a lot of serious issues and Jeff Hardy on the other hand was developing as a fan favorite main eventer with HHH's help plus he had beaten HHH before. Two solid matches there with a lot of story and interest behind and also both for the World Titles.

Some fans also enjoyed Bigshow/Taker match, Mysterio/Kane and Batista/JBL also looked good on the card. Overall, one of the best PPV's ever on card.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back