Favorite Movie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shining Wizard

Gregory Helms > You
Whats your favorite movie of all time?

Mine is without a doubt Titanic. Now I know I'm a guy and some guys think it makes you less of a man to watch a movie like Titanic. Its a love story about two people on the Titanic. First of all the Titanic is a ship that sank a long time ago when it hit a ice berg. The movie does tell the story of how the titanic sank but has a love story that makes the movie more entertaining. The ending is very sad but no doubt it's a classic.

That's ok if you have a more sensitive side to you, I'm sure the ladies dig that.

I think we might've had a thread like this recently but i'll roll with it.

My favorite movie of all time (and this is a tough one) has to be Apocalypse Now.

Best war flick ever made, great character development (you don't see one of the two main characters until 20 minutes to the end and you feel like you've known him all movie), and you really get the impression that it's about the characters' journey moreso than it is about war.

Honorable mention goes to Jackie Brown.

The Green Mile or The Shawshank Redemption, these are two excellent prison movies. I don't think watching and liking Titanic makes you any less of a man, hell it made my eyes water by the end.

Andy Dufresne is the man... :p

Oh, and something else just popped into my head. Full Metal Jacket, I don't think the movie is great, but the drill Sargent, what a man he is.

"I will unscrew your head and shit down your neck"

You kidding me? Full metal Jacket is actually another one of my favorite movies, top five on my list of all time and top 2 in war movies (obviously, lol). Kubrick was a genius.

"What's your name MAGGOT?"

(private speaks... says his name, doesn't matter)

"BULLSHIT! You're name is Private SNOWBALL!!"

hahaha

Ahhh heres a thread tailor made for me now. This is waaaay too hard of a question for a movie buff like myself, so I'm going to try my best to list what comes to mind. The longer list comes straight from my MySpace

Top 5
Blue Velvet
Donnie Darko
Garden State
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
The Graduate

2001: A Space Odyssey, Adaptation, Alice's Restaurant, Almost Famous, American Beauty, Annie Hall, Apocalypse Now, Awakenings, Being John Malkovich, The Big Chill, Big Fish, Black Hawk Down, Boogie Nights, Born on the Fourth of July, The Breakfast Club, Clerks, A Clockwork Orange, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Closer, Crimes and Misdemeanors, Dazed and Confused, Dead Poets Society, The Deer Hunter, The Motorcycle Diaries, The Doors, Dr. Strangelove, Easy Rider, Election, Eyes Wide Shut, Fargo, Fast Times at Ridgemont High, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Fight Club, Full Metal Jacket, Ghost World, The Godfather, Good Will Hunting, Goodfellas, Halloween, Heathers, JFK, Kill Bill Vol. 1, Kill Bill Vol. 2, Labyrinth, Leaving Las Vegas, The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou, Lost in Translation, Magnolia, MASH, Moulin Rouge!, Night of the Living Dead, Office Space, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, The People vs. Larry Flynt, Platoon, Pulp Fiction, Punch-Drunk Love, Requiem For a Dream, Reservoir Dogs, Rushmore, Saving Private Ryan, Scarface, Seven, The Serpent and the Rainbow, The Shawshank Redemption, The Shining, Sixteen Candles, SLC Punk!, Suburbia, Taxi Driver, The Thin Red Line, Thirteen, Three Kings, Traffic, Trainspotting, The Usual Suspects, Vanilla Sky, The Virgin Suicides, Woodstock, The Wall, Munich, Broken Flowers, Hotel Rwanda, The Last King of Scotland, The Toxic Avenger, Class of Nuke Em High.

Yeah quite a few obviously...maybe throw in Vanilla Sky in the top five. Most people hate it; I don't understand why because the film is utterly beautiful.

Gotta go with Goodfellas here boys. DeNiro and Pesci DOMINATED that film, and I see it as a true classic.

Honourable mentions? Pulp Fiction, Any Tony Jaa film, Monty Python and the Holy Grail (A comedic CLASSIC).

I'd have to say

-Farris Buller's Day Off
-Monty Python and the Holy Grail
-Happy Feet...i'm easily amused so a dancing penguin is just the best thing ever for me

Oh my god Boss! How did I forget Goodfellas... I honestly completely forgot about it. I have to put it in the same league as Apocalypse Now! God I can't believe I forgot about it.

Best Gangster movie ever. You know you're a good directed (Scorcese) when you make Joe Pesci good enough to win an Oscar.

Fucking classic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back