Favorite movie starring...Sean Connery

Hyorinmaru

Sit Upon The Frozen Heavens
for me this one was a bit difficult which is why it took me a little bit to decide. It was between LoEG, Highlander & The Rock. In the end I didn't pick any of them and went with​

pussy-galore01.jpg

I watched this movie last a few years ago and when I decided to restart this thread series I knew I had to rewatch it. Good thing I did to because I would have went with The Rock instead.

Goldfinger is an all around great movie. The plot was able to keep me interested fot the entire movie. The fact the Connery does a fantastic job as 007 doesn't hurt either. Made in the early 60s I dare say it's as good now as it was then. Out of all the Bond films I've seen it is by far my favorite. I'm in the process of downloading all 22 of them so whether or not it stays my favorite is yet to be seen.​

214.jpg

I personally have a thing for this move. This is one of those movies that me and my dad will watch together. He gives a great performance as well as a very great plot. I personally think that this movie is very entertaining and it truly makes me smile when I watch it. Also this movie has so much potential for a sequel and I would love it if it did. It is one of those few movies where Sean actually dies which to me is interesting.

Here's a bomb shell, I have never actually enjoyed a Sean Connery performance in a movie. I have seen a few of his performances and not once have I come out the movie and thought that Sean Connery was the reason I was watching. That being said, that is not going to cut it here. I need to pick a movie and that is exactly what I shall do... Now that the initial shock is out of the way.

1800026053p.jpg

The Rock​
The Rock is the only movie that I have seen, in which Sean Connery actually doesn't fail to live up his hype. Really though, I think most actors could have come into this movie and done a terrific job. The writing was sound and the plot was pretty damn impressive too. I honestly thought that Nicholas Cage did a better job of taking control of the audience in this movie but Connery did a good job too. It would be wrong of me to take away from his performance simply because of how over-hyped he is.

I have never really been a fan of the Bond movies and feel that is why I have not seen a movie of his that I thought he played an excellent part in. Sure, I have seen Goldfinger and the rest but only the later Bond movies in the chain have really gotten me involved. That honour goes to Pierce Brosnan and Daniel Craig though. Still, The Rock is my pick and it is out in front by an absolute mile.

I'll go with Finding Forrester.

I don't want to give anything away, so check the spoiler if interested. My only gripe w/this film is when Connery says, "You the man now, dog!" I enjoyed the sense of hope this movie gave, along with the wayt it pointed out obvious social prejudices.

Connery was believable as a shut-in author that had shut himself out from the world. His relationship w/the character Jamal while highly unlikely, was touching nonetheless.

I thought it was especially funny in the beginning of the movie, after Jamal broke into his apartment and came to apologize. Connery's character had read the journal Jamal accidentally left in the apartment and mad comments in it. After apologizing, Jamal asked if Connery (Forrester) could read some more of his stuff. Connery replied with, "Sure, give me 5000 words on why you should stay the fuck out of my apartment!"

600full-finding-forrester-artwork.jpg

I love James Bond movies, and Goldfinger is easily my favorite of the bunch...but the first character that pops into my head when I think of Sean Connery is Marko Ramius from the Hunt for Red October.

I have to go with Dave and agree with The Rock. I'm still young and I haven't watched all james bond movies with Connery as Bond.

Putting Nicholas Cage and Connery together made the movie stand out. Good choice, Dave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back