Favorite Memory - Teddy Long: Smackdown GM

The 1-2-3 Killam

Mid-Card Championship Winner
I started a thread in the Raw section about Eric Bischoff's time as General Manager, and that got me thinking... Teddy Long has been Smackdown's GM for the better part of 7 years. With that comes a lot of good moments (and quite a few bad ones). In my opinion his face character, which was extremely different than most of WWE's manager-type roles, helped some top heels to really develop their own character. People like JBL, Edge, and Booker T were forced to rely on their own charisma and get over without a strong heel GM to do the dirty work for them. In fact, Long often stacks the deck against the heels, and makes them work harder to remain on top. THis is generally not how easy booking is done, and I've appreciated the subtly of it over the years.

So what's been your favorite Teddy Long moment, during his reign as Smackdown's General Manager?

In all honesty, I don't have a fave memory at all of Teddy Long. He's been a face GM for 7 years, beyond stale. Cheesy taglines and cheesy jive talk...nope he hasn't contributed much to Smackdown for me, get physically involved with the product...i.e. taking some bumps and maybe then I would have a fave memory of him.

my favorite teddy long gm memory is was when he made 3 main events for armageddon 2006.the inferno match,the last ride match, and the tag team match.

My favourite memory of Teddy long as GM as always been the same, The moment he get/s fired. Just because the people to replace him are usually much more interesting than he is.

I did enjoy his place in the CM Punk vs Undertaker feud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back