• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Favorite John Cena movie?

Which was your favorite?

• The Marine

• 12 Rounds

• Legendary

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dagger Dias

One Winged Admin
Staff member
Administrator
John Cena has been in a few movies now. His first two films The Marine and 12 Rounds followed a similar style of Cena's character trying to save a girl with plenty of action scenes along the way. Then in Legendary we saw something different when his character takes on a protege and teaches him how to wrestle.

I would like to know which one is your favorite and why. Please don't say "none of them Cena sucks" because this is NOT a Cena bashing thread. I would like to talk about the movies thenselves, that is why I posted it in this section.

My favorite is The Marine. Perhaps it is partially due to nostalgia, but I recall going to the movie theater to see it and thinking it was awesome to see Cena in an action movie on the big screen. I enjoyed 12 Rounds too although I like The Marine more because even though 12 Rounds had more story to it, the style was so similar to The Marine that it did not come off as being as big of a deal in the end. Legendary was good and is the wifey's pick of the three but I prefer the action style better so it is The Marine for me.

What about you guys? A poll will be provided.

WWE films are usually shit. I still regret taking a chance on See No Evil years ago, and The Marine 2 was atrocious.

Anyway, I guess I would have to go with The Marine. Yeah, it's a cheesy and over the top Hollywood style action film, the entire film just goes through motions, and everything can feel VERY predictable. But The Marine is an okay action flick. Robert Patrick delivers a decent enough performance as the main bad guy, the rest of the acting is passable, and Cena did enough as the lead man here. He isn't the next Schwarzenegger or Stallone, but he was believable as the ex Marine, who wanted to rescue his wife. The Marine can be one of those fun and mindless action flicks, and I actually purchased this on DVD a few years ago (it was only $5 at Wal-Mart.)

I wasn't too crazy about 12 Rounds, and watching Legendary won't be easy for me. This film has been on my watch list for a very long time, but the trailer always kills my desire to watch this film. The trailer looks too sappy and cheesy, and I have seen a lot of horrendous films recently, so It's going to take some time.

I didn't think any of those three were "BAD" movies. They were all fine for what their genre was. 12 Rounds and The Marine were both very good action movies.

Legendary was a little bit more of a drama and emotional tugger. I thought Cena had very good acting and I think people are a bit too harsh on his movies. I liked Legendary the most just because of the story to it. I thought Cena was a mighty fine actor.

I chose The Marine, I did enjoy both 12 Rounds and Legendary but the Marine was the most enjoyable for me. People give this movie way too much shit, put your dislike for Cena aside and just enjoy it like you would a JCVD movie, it's a cheap action movie that's fun to watch. I also really liked Robert Patrick in this one, I enjoy seeing him play a fun bad guy like this who's dangerous and evil but funny in a creepy and insane kind of way. The only bad thing I can say about it is that when I saw the cast I thought it said that Kelly Clarkson was going to play John's wife and I thought that was going to be pretty bad but fun to watch, then it turns out it's some bitch from Nip Tuck or some other show named Kelly Carlson, dang it.

For me, it would have to be 12 rounds. It has a decent story and some decent action scenes. The Marine is a fun mindless action movie, but I did not think it was anything special. The only thing going for it was that it had the guy from Terminator 2 in there. I have not seen Legendary so I can’t comment on that one.

I will say that 12 rounds beats both of their competitors easily.

None of the others are bad movies but The marine just doesn't compete with 12 rounds in terms of quality, Legendary bored me after watching the first half hour (I remember a scene where a 13 year old girl gets paid by boys to show her breast to them off screen, the breast are not shown but the boys reactions are) which is pretty shocking for a WWE film. Anyway Legendary is simply not my type of film. Not edgy or creative enough to be very enjoyable in my eyes.

12 rounds on the other hand was great. It had basically the template for all action movies (Guy does something with my girlfriend now I go blow shit up with my gun) but the concept of Cena going through 12 rounds to get his girlfriend was fresh. Plus My favorite scene (and I OH so love this) is when the girl gets run over by the truck. I always love seeing hot controlling women get what is coming to them. Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't there a scene where Cena throws a woman through a window in the climax? That may have been another movie with or without Cena because I saw this movie a couple of years ago. Anyway very good film, one of the best movies WWE Films have ever been apart (not saying very much but I will let them have that). John Cena himself is not that bad of an actor to tell the truth. He is a lot better than most of the superstars turned actors, with the exception of the Rock of course. He may have a second option when he decides to hang up his wrestling boots, which will not happen for a while considering his dedication to the wrestling industry.

This was easy for me. Legendary was by far my favorite Cena movie. In fact I'd say this is the best WWE movie out there. That or The Way I Am. 12 Rounds and Marine were just absolutely terrible in my eyes. 12 Rounds may be my least favorite movie I ever watched, it was just terrible. Marine I can sit through, but not willingly. Legendary on the other hand was a really solid movie. It was nice to see Cena out of the action scene and play a more serious role. I thought he did a fabulous job and the overall story of the movie was good. I believe WWE should try and branch away from action movies and try some more serious movies like Legendary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back