• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Favorite Iron Man Match (WWF/WWE)

ProWrestlingFan

Championship Contender
My favorite Iron Man Match in WWE :

Triple-H vs The Rock at Judgement Day 2000 for the WWF Championship with Shawn Michaels as the Special Guest referee. The Undertaker returned on this PPV as The American Badass. The match was won by Triple-H.

My second favorite Iron Man match would be Kurt Angle vs Brock Lesnar for the WWE Championship - Smackdown 2003. Brock Lesnar won the WWE title.

I gotta go with the original. The story the Bret and Shawn told was awesome. Close second was Brock and Angle. Brock disqualifying himself on purpose to gain the advantage was an awesome heel tactic.

Triple H/Rock was awesome too. As a hardcore fan, though, I can't help but call out that Undertaker appearing was well past the 60 minute mark

Mine is surely HBK vs brett hart, such an epic match that launched Shawn Michaels career and showed how these two are such experts in the ring.

Closely second is angle v lesnar, i love that match. Can watch it any time and not get bored

I might catch a lot of shit from the IWC for saying this but I find The Bret Hart-Shawn Michaels Iron Man Match to be overrated. It's a great match don't get me wrong, but I think the best was the Lesnar Vs. Angle Iron Man on Smackdown in 2003. Close runner up would be HHH Vs. The Rock at Judgement Day 2000

I don't know how the answer can't be Hart/HBK at WM 12. I mean you have 2 of the best wrestlers of all-time in their absolute primes going for 62 minutes. You want technical wrestling? Watch the first 15 minutes. You want high-flying? Watch the next 15. You want some brawling? How about the next 5-10 minutes? You want drama? Watch the last 20 minutes and in particular the last minute where HBK is desperately trying to get a decision and pulling out all the stops...then he gets locked in the Sharpshooter and time expires. Who can forget the two superkicks he gave Hart in OT? It was awesome seeing the greatest in-ring wrestler of all-time get his first WWF Title.

I honestly don't think any of the other Iron Man matches compare from an in-ring perspective or the drama of the moment. This match was literally 1/3 of a Wrestlemania during one of the weakest times in WWF history. I remember watching Rock/HHH and thinking about how bad it was because the style of match didn't fit them. They were brawlers and brawling for an hour just seemed silly. Angle/Brock was good and all, but it didn't touch the original. The HBK/Hart Iron man match was a true, 5 star classic and the measure for all of the rest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back