• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Favorite diss track

Ferbian

Has Returned.
This is primary to the rap fan. We see feuds all around. Maybe not as of late. But we've seen them. Biggie vs Tupac. Eminem & 50 cent vs Ja Rule. The game vs G-Unit etc.

A lot of these feuds have created some pretty good songs that disses the "enemy". I have always felt that a diss song shows some great talent with some of the rappers.

But this is not what it's about. Not about whether you think talent is shown through diss songs. This thread is about: Your favorite diss track. And why it's your favorite?

There's a lot of great diss songs. Quite a handful is hard to choose between. But I would say this one is my favorite:

[YOUTUBE]-uC3hyayRXA[/YOUTUBE]

Eminem's diss towards Ja Rule. I think it's the best mostly because it's stuff that I think a lot of people could relate to. As well as I think it shows some of the talent Eminem has in terms of dissing his opponents. And as I have heard a lot of people say "He destroyed him" him being Ja Rule of course.

I have two honorable mentions:

Nas - Ether: It showed some pretty good talent from Nas. Any true rap fan knows Nas is talented. But this one showed a completely new side of him. This song was declared the greatest diss song ever. So it just shows how high thought of this one os.

My second one would be: Tupac feat. Outlawz - Hit 'Em Up. This song was directed towards Biggie Smalls due to their feud where the rumors were that Biggie Smalls had Tupac shot in 94. This song is just brutal and it helps that Tupac is a great lyricist and rapper. making this song that much better.

A song i love from Eminem is a response to a diss Track Ffrom Ja rule it isn't that well known its called Both Doe rae me and Halie"S revenge in a version of the song the part that made Em mad is showen in the begining the line was "Em you claim your mothers a crackhead and kim is a known **** so whats Halie gonna be when she grows up song basically talks him being a Pac clone and his lameness reason i like the song is 1. its eminem at his bestin my opinion 2. it has Eminem,D12 and Obie Tric

And also Ferb Bully is consindered to be a diss to Ja and benzio or someone likes

I got a few that some of you might have never heard of. The first is a song by Common, back when he was known as Common Sense, and it's directed towards Ice Cube. Ice Cube thought that a song Common had made "I used to love H.E.R" was directed towards west coast rap and quickly made a song called "Westside Slaughterhouse". Common then proceeded to make one of my favorite diss tracks ever "The Bitch in Yoo"

[YOUTUBE]WXv2x-2SKvA[/YOUTUBE]

Another favorite of mine is a song called "Live by Yo Rep" by Triple 6 Mafia, a.k.a Three 6 Mafia, you may have heard some of their current stuff, but their old albums are waaaay better. This song was directed at Bone Thugz N' Harmony, apparently the two were in a "beef" over who stole who's style, which is ridiculous, because both their styles are completely different. Well here it is.

[YOUTUBE]lwAtvWpYGhk[/YOUTUBE]

Another feud that wasn't highly publicized and hardly noticed was the feud between Rakim and EPMD. In the song "I aint No Joke" Rakim takes a very small shot at EPMD saying:

"Your offbeat DJ, if anything he play,
Sound familiar, I'll wait til E say Play 'em. So I'ma have to diss and Bro you could get a smack for this, I ain't no joke.

[YOUTUBE]S45cJwBkmA8[/YOUTUBE]

EPMD responded with the track "You're A Customer" specifically the lines:

" I have the capability to rap and chill,
Cold wax and tax MC's who tend to act ill. It's like a digg'em smack, Smack me and I'll smack you back."

[YOUTUBE]qWFVQtg6eDU[/YOUTUBE]

My favorite? Shit it comes down to one song, where Bone basically just goes off on every group/artist they were beefing with at the time. That includes the likes of Twista, Three 6, Do or Die, Crucial Conflict, among others. And the crazy thing is, they didn't evens anyone's name in the entire track. The whole purpose behind this was to not even give those they believed to biting off their style even a second of fame off of Bone's track.

And hell you look at the whole damn Art of War album, it's got diss tracks all across the board, and the difference is, if you weren't listening close enough, you'd think it was just another warfare track. Mixing disses in with their usual thug lyrics makes it more subliminal. This is how you should go about dissing people on tracks, not by giving their name publicity but by throwing subliminal shots.

One more for the road here:

One of the all time best diss tracks I feel is ICE CUBE NO VASELINE.

[YOUTUBE]MMJF-ml4H10[/YOUTUBE]

Many know the story on how Cube thought he was not getting paid what he thought he was entitled to for his contributions to NWA. Cube left the group and started his solo career, He released his first album with out any mention of his former group, then NWA released a track that had a diss to Cube on it.
Cube came back with the best diss track ever. This track never even got a response from the NWA.

A few years latter it seemed Dr. Dre felt Eazy was not paying him what he thought he was owed for his work with the group, so he decided to go off and do his own thing. One of the things he decided to do was make this track dissing his former friend Eazy-E.

[YOUTUBE]OPaNaD2gr-E[/YOUTUBE]

Not going out like a bitch, Eazy responded with what I feel was a stronger diss.

[YOUTUBE]M4_MUeDElhA[/YOUTUBE]

Eazy pretty much exposed Dre as the fake gangster that he was. It is really to bad that these two had to go down this road, as they were friends and pretty much invented gangster rap. From what I heard Dre apologized to Eazy for the beef that they had right before Eazy had passed away.

[youtube]67cum04P2kI[/youtube]

Eminem is fucking untouchable at disses. He can flow like no other, when he was beefing with Everlast, Everlast mentioned Em's daughter. Em proceeded to tear his ass apart.

Oh, I know this isn't on the level as some of the beef. This is hilarious though. I'm sure everyone's heard Eminem's diss towards Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon. Lmao!

[youtube]ynt7HeKcSKs[/youtube]

Cage's "Nothing Left to Say"

[YOUTUBE]1mPlYUANN7g[/YOUTUBE]

Not designed to be a humorous diss as much as it is to be serious – since Camu Tao, his friend, died – I thought he did a fantastic job of calling out the frauds using Camu's name to push their songs.

I am just unable to feel or god fear
Some people you may have met on this planet are not here
Life taunts of violence death flaunts a silence
If your soul is priceless it's 'cause no one wants to buy it

If you relapse your quietly falling no one to catch you
So the monkey on my back is still flinging shit at you
Wipe it off lets move on we have so much to do
So much to see, I have so much pain for you

When your life is suckin you’ve got vices that are something
To hold onto as you fall into nothing
It’s like your drowning but too good to take a hand that pities
While you cling to your addiction like a kid in swimmies

Silly habit, drugs are for kids not adults it is
Not free to live unless it’s under a bridge
New york city can gauge it’s health with colors
They said I was a danger to myself and others

I have CC brothers, forgive my enemies
WM will live on like the Kennedy’s, every amenity
You lovin this un-American not to be gluttonies
Should have a big chain to accentuate the ugliness

My soul is stuck in this unaware of its appeal or purpose
And manufactured for you to steal or purchase

You leave behind what you get from money, oh well
What’s the weather like kids? (It’s always sunny in
hell)

I have one thing left to say, I’d like to share it with you
If you don’t care is it too bad for me or too bad for you?
I know it’s complicated, he suffered he tried to make it
Now maggots just want to be compensated and live through Camu

Live through Camu

You picked at his flesh the day of his death astounding
A WM on his arm and a circle around it
I'd like to think what he left behind you could really use it
Instead of saying his name just to move your shitty music

The day I feel the need to stand in a bathroom
And shovel cocaine into a human vacuum
I’ll look you up, the day I need another hole in my face
When you pass away people think that your checking your myspace

Then your enemies give you public head quick
So why not at my funeral just pull out my dead dick
Thought to project see him at the gates they let him in
I guess they needed you as much as we do yet again

I looked to the sky and opened my eyes then the weathermen
Symbol in the clouds just a memory of my friend
He stuck his head in the future where they sing his art
Where the wild card will be crowned the king of hearts

If I had things left to say, why would I share it with you?
How you suck the life from the dead is even too low for you
The time you spent depleted, his soul has just left so beat it
Go join the kids and eat it up and tell them how you knew Camu

No said Hit em Up, the ultimate diss track, TuPac took diss traks to the next level, absolutely destroyed Biggie and other memebers of Junior Maffia!!

also i really like no vaseline and real muthaphukkin G's!! very true awesome diss tunes...Eazy-E always had me!! R.I.P. Eazy-E and TuPac!!

great Thread Ferb, in all honesty, im going with "I remember" by eminem. Huge diss towards Everlast. Em took Everlasts own style of music and ripped him a new one with it (doing it 10x better than him too IMO)

I go with "300 bars and runnin" by The Game. Not only did he murder G-Unit with that song, but he freestyled for 15 minutes over different beats and killed it. G- Unit was never the same after that, Young Buck left, and 50 Cent couldn't sell an album if it was free. The Game has put out two solid albums since then, and 50 put out "Curtis" and "Before I self destruct." Game won the beef with that song alone, the other 30 songs were just insult to injury.

[YOUTUBE]R2QTouhTERI[/YOUTUBE]

Inspectah Deck absolutely tore into Joe Budden. This is just epic: "First off all, you a blog thug, YouTube goon. HOUSE N***! Your food get chewed up rude. I see you like to put your world online. Ain't nobody checking for you, they checking for your girl's behind. While your homey in the bedroom, lust in his eyes. While you filming dumb shit, they probably fucked a few times. Wow, how you Slaughterhouse? You barely get a nod. I'm convict benching, daily in the yard."

Edit: Yeah, my computer is being a dumbass, so I never stated why I like the diss. But, Budden tried to make Slaughterhouse superior to Wu Tang, and it didn't work out. I love these lyrics just because it's insult upon insult upon insult. The beef was later squashed, but Budden lost it.

real muthaphukkin g's is it for me.I don't think game Murdered G-Unit though cause Banks is going hard as fuck and Yayo starting up again.BISD would've been considered great if it didn't have tracks like Baby by me and Do you think about me.

Hit Em Up is an obvious choice but "Ether" needs to get a lot more love in this thread. Lyrically it is easiest the best diss track ever. Jay Z's "Takeover" diss at Nas was actually really god but Ether was so great that Takeover seems like nothing. Not many, if anyone past or present can fuck with Nas lyrically and his feud with Jay Z showed that it isn't smart to get on his bad side.

I've seen a lot of people mention the song "Hit Em Up" which is regarded as one of the finest diss tracks of all time, but am I the only one who thinks that song is not very good at all? It seems to me like Pac was trying to hard, like he didn't really care about the song enough to actually diss B.I.G.

I've seen a lot of people mention the song "Hit Em Up" which is regarded as one of the finest diss tracks of all time, but am I the only one who thinks that song is not very good at all? It seems to me like Pac was trying to hard, like he didn't really care about the song enough to actually diss B.I.G.

Overall it wasn't the best track lyrically, but I don't think many diss tracks have gone at the other person harder then Pac did. He didn't beat around the push with anything he said. I would've liked to see more Pac on the track and less of the Outlawz but it is definitely right up there as one of the best diss tracks.

Overall it wasn't the best track lyrically, but I don't think many diss tracks have gone at the other person harder then Pac did. He didn't beat around the push with anything he said. I would've liked to see more Pac on the track and less of the Outlawz but it is definitely right up there as one of the best diss tracks.

I've heard some that (IMO of course) have gone waaay harder than that song, I listed a few in this thread. And you're right, he didn't beat around the bush, but I think it would have been cooler for Pac to take subliminal shots at BIG, if at all. The whole beef was for attention and money, and Pac making songs like that, where the whole theme was to diss BIG was unnecesarry.

The whole beef was for attention and money, and Pac making songs like that, where the whole theme was to diss BIG was unnecesarry.

No, the whole beef was because Tupac thought Biggie had something to do with Pac getting shot at that recording studio in New York. He believed that Biggie and Diddy set him up and almost caused his death. That's way the song was so personal and he avoided any subliminal shots. He just went right at him.

No, the whole beef was because Tupac thought Biggie had something to do with Pac getting shot at that recording studio in New York. He believed that Biggie and Diddy set him up and almost caused his death. That's way the song was so personal and he avoided any subliminal shots. He just went right at him.

I've seen an interview where Biggie says that Pac actually told him that the "beef" was for money, it was plain as day that Biggie didn't have shit to do with what happened at the recording studio, he just knew that a East Coast/West Coast feud would bring in loads of money. If Pac really belivied Biggie had something to do with it, he would have done something, not rapped about doing something. The man shot at cops for pulling him over, he's not gonna hesitate to fuck someone up if he feels they've wronged him.

I've seen an interview where Biggie says that Pac actually told him that the "beef" was for money, it was plain as day that Biggie didn't have shit to do with what happened at the recording studio, he just knew that a East Coast/West Coast feud would bring in loads of money. If Pac really belivied Biggie had something to do with it, he would have done something, not rapped about doing something. The man shot at cops for pulling him over, he's not gonna hesitate to fuck someone up if he feels they've wronged him.

So two guys that were friends made up some elaborate "fake" beef to make money?

1. These guys didn't need the beef to make money

2. The beef put two coasts against each other and ended up killing both Tupac and Biggie.

The fact that you could even think this was some planned out ordeal is quite possibly the dumbest thing I have ever read in the music section of this forum. Shit, it may be the dumbest thing I've read on the forum period.

So two guys that were friends made up some elaborate "fake" beef to make money?.

Did I say that?

1. These guys didn't need the beef to make money

Pac loved attention, and more money never hurt anybody.

2. The beef put two coasts against each other and ended up killing both Tupac and Biggie.

And if it were really a legit feud than Pac would've never brought Coasts into it in the first place, he's from fucking New York.

The fact that you could even think this was some planned out ordeal is quite possibly the dumbest thing I have ever read in the music section of this forum. Shit, it may be the dumbest thing I've read on the forum period.

You know who you remind me of, Sidious. You always take unnecesarry personal shots and come off as a complete asshole when you post, just so you know.

Did I say that?

Basically. yes.

Pac loved attention, and more money never hurt anybody.

Tupac is one of the best, most influential rappers in the history of hip hop and you are making him out to look like a money hungry attention ****e.

And if it were really a legit feud than Pac would've never brought Coasts into it in the first place, he's from fucking New York.

He didn't. The whole coast thing came from the media and from other rappers who involved themselves in the feud for no reason. Pac even talked about in interviews the fact he was from the east coast and loved it there, and hated the whole east coast vs west coast thing.

You know who you remind me of, Sidious. You always take personal shots and come off as a complete asshole when you post, just so you know.

Sidious was some psychotic motherfucker who believed that his line of thinking was right and anyone that disagreed was an idiot. I just call out people when they say borderline ******ed things. The statement you made was baseless and nothing more then a conspiracy theory. And not even a good conspiracy theory at that.

Basically. yes..

Correct answer was not at all, no.

Tupac is one of the best, most influential rappers in the history of hip hop and you are making him out to look like a money hungry attention ****e

You're denying he loved attention? And money? I love Tupac just as much as you do, bud.

He didn't. The whole coast thing came from the media and from other rappers who involved themselves in the feud for no reason. Pac even talked about in interviews the fact he was from the east coast and loved it there, and hated the whole east coast vs west coast thing.

So all the interviews and songs of Tupac saying "fuck the east coast" and similar things are negated because of that one interview?

Sidious was some psychotic motherfucker who believed that his line of thinking was right and anyone that disagreed was an idiot. I just call out people when they say borderline ******ed things

Borderline ******ed? How? Like I said, B.I.G said himself that Pac told him it was about money, I can't confirm this cause I wasn't there but you can't defininitivley tell me that what I'm saying is wrong. I'm comparing you to Sidious cause instead of having a friendly debate like I was aiming for, you instead take personal shots, and come off as an asshole.

The statement you made was baseless and nothing more then a conspiracy theory. And not even a good conspiracy theory at that.

Baseless? It came from one of the men involved in the feuds mouth, I definitley have a reason to think what I do. Like I said dude, I'm not positive what I'm saying is right, cause I wasn't involved in it first hand, but neither were you, therefore my thoughts on the situation are just as valid as yours. So for you to say that my opinion is baseless, and borderline ******ed is just plain stupid, and really makes you come off as a douchebag.

You're denying he loved attention? And money? I love Tupac just as much as you do, bud.

I'm not denying either thing but to think he would make up a beef with someone he considered a friend just to make more money is absurd.

So all the interviews and songs of Tupac saying "fuck the east coast" and similar things are negated because of that one interview?

He never said fuck the east coast as an area. He said a lot of fuck yous to the rappers on the east coast but those are two completely different things. And it wasn't just random disses at all east coast rappers. Anyone who opened their mouth and got involved in the beef for no reason he went after.

Borderline ******ed? How? Like I said, B.I.G said himself that Pac told him it was about money, I can't confirm this cause I wasn't there but you can't defininitivley tell me that what I'm saying is wrong. I'm comparing you to Sidious cause instead of having a friendly debate like I was aiming for, you instead take personal shots, and come off as an asshole.

If you can show me this interview and prove that Biggie really said those exact words not taken out of context then by all means go ahead. Until I see the interview your belief is baseless. I've never heard anywhere that Biggie said Pac told him something like that.

So for you to say that my opinion is baseless, and borderline ******ed is just plain stupid, and really makes you come off as a douchebag.

You have provided zero evidence. How am I supposed to know Biggie actually said that? Because you maybe recall reading an interview where he said something along those lines? Until I'm shown proof you have nothing but a baseless conspiracy theory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back