• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Favorite Bomberman game?

Dagger Dias

One Winged Admin
Staff member
Administrator
I got bored while waiting on Raw to start, so I did what I usually do.... play video games for a couple of hours while waiting for Raw. Most of the time it ends up being things like Tetris that don't require saving or could go on forever.... but this week I wanted something different, I hadn't played Super Bomberman 2 in ages so I thought "why not?". I ended up playing through the entire single-player mode of it before Raw began, it was minutes away when I got to the final boss. That inspired me to make this thread because I had forgotten how fun those games were.

So what is your favorite game in the Bomberman series and why?

Mine is either Super Bomberman 1 or 2. Nostalgia would lead me to pick SB1 as it was one of the first games where 4 people could play against each other in battle.... keep in mind, this was 3 years before the 64 came out, so 4 players was unheard of back in 1993-1994. The single player mode was also fun. However the 2nd one had better gameplay and the single player mode was much more challenging than SB1 was. Battle mode was just as great in SB2 if not better with an added benefit of being able to change your character's frame color (I liked the green and purple bombermen!) and the Golden Bomber to give whoever won the last round an advantage going into the next.

I pick Super Bomberman 2 as the best in the series because SB2 had more replay value as well as taking everything that SB1 did and making it better. However, SB1 and SB2 are definitely the high points in the series as it started to go downhill after Bomberman 64 in my opinion.

Which one do you like the best and why?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back