Fav Racing games

WweBreezybre

Occasional Pre-Show
Ok this is possibility my first Thread in a series of Threads .Now me personally I dnt care for much racing games but the ones I do play hav Power ups.So my fav would be Mario kart double dash .It had awesome tracks and a shitload of characters. This happens to be my fav what is yours .Ps in close 2nd would me Sega all star racers.Thats cause Sega is my fav gamin company.:)

My fav racing has to be need for speed when this game came out i was hype because there was not alot of racing games that let you run from the cops and i love that aspect of games. And the graphics were good and the controls were simple to learn.

I was at a local video game store and played Road Rash II on the Sega they had set up. Man, I feel old remembering that! =(

Anywho, Diddy Kong Racing and Mario Kart are my favorites. Whimsical but very challenging. The characters all have their own look (and colors) and, in Mario Kart, attributes. Add different modes of play and levels with dozens of routes and short cuts, and you get some perfect racing game action.. Without feeling like a goof because some fat ass plumber beat you AGAIN! :mad:

My fav racing game is Need For Speed Most Wanted
I found it very addicting and after that one the Need for Speeds kinda started to suck...
The graphics weren't the greatest but graphics are only a small part of what makes a good video game
My second is Burnout Revenge: I put hours of play into this. Many unlockables and it wasn't bad playing online considering online wasn't that great for gaming back five yr's ago....

My all-time favorite would probably be Gran Turismo 3. I love the realism, and how you pretty much have to learn how to drive like a pro for the sake of playing this game. The customization in this game is ridiculous, as is the number of available cars. Mario Kart games are a load of fun, and shouldn't be overlooked because they're arcade racers. The Need for Speed Underground games were great until the concept got worn out. The entire Burnout series holds a warm place in my heart, and may be the best multiplayer racing games I've ever played. Also, though it's part platformer, Iggy's Wrecking Balls is a very fun game, and you can get the emulater for it(Project 64), it's more than worth a download.

My favorite racing game is Crash Team Racing as they is a classic game. I used to love this as a child and it brings back good memories of my childhood. I used to love Crash and this game was my favorite at one point. I absolutely loved it.

My favorite would have to be Mario Kart Wii. It's quite enjoyable whether you're playing by yourself or with friends. I have always enjoyed the battle style racing games instead of traditional ones. From the tracks to the vehicles to the game modes, the game can pretty much keep you interested in any way.

My favorites are Mario Kart 64, Diddy Kong Racing 64, Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit, and WWE Crush Hour. I loved the cars that the wrestlers had and how Undertaker had the motorcycle.

I don't play that many racing games. At all. But the only ones I own are Mario Kart Wii and Super Mario Kart for Super Nintendo. The characters are legendary and I love the arcade-style gameplay of each.

As a child I wasn't allowed to have any graphic video games; in fact, I was 14 when I first bought a game with a rating of T or higher (which was Starcraft.) So I lived off of a diet of racers and adventure games. 60 percent of the thirty-something games that I had for the N64 were racers.

I'm going to dedicate this post to my favorite driving games for the N64. I'll probably do more for Playstation, PS2, and the PC later.

N64

Honorable mentions: Crusin USA, Crusin World, Crusin Exotica, San Francisco Rush, San Francisco Rush 2, Extreme G, F-Zero X, Automobili Lamborghini, Wave Race, Mario Kart 64

San Francisco Rush 2049​

[youtube]G9CphvhE4oA[/youtube]

Easily my favorite out of the Rush series. Even though Rush 2 is a superior singles racer, the tracks in Rush 2049 are bigger, have even more outrageous stortcuts, and take much longer to explore. 2049 is one of the best multiple player racers for the console; it comes with an additional 4 stunt tracks, and 8 battle arena tracks (where the setup is like Vigilante 8). To top everything off, the game comes with an incredibly difficult to complete obstacle track, which immeditaely has you hooked the first time you try it. There graphis are top notch, and really show watch the N64 was really capable of.

Diddy Kong Racing​

[youtube]_qb6mQifBeY[/youtube]

This is one of the most unique racers I've ever played; it has a plot... You must defeat the evil Wizpig who has forcefully taken over your island home by beating him in a race. The only way to get to him is by collecting pieces of an amulate by defeating his four subordinates, and the tracks in their worlds; which are located around different parts of the island. Collecting balloons unlock more tracks, completing tracks give you access to the bosses, beating the bosses gives you access to Wizpig, and beating Wizpig gives you access too... well, more cool stuff.

I've dubbed this game, "the game that doesn't end" for a reason...

Beetle Adventure Racing​

[youtube]nlYr5l4Vb0c&feature=related[/youtube]

It's Volkswagon's own, all beetle, racing game. Even though it may seem kind of vague having nothing but Beetles to choose from, there are a wide variety of different types of models to choose from... there's the racing beetle, the off road beetle, the street beetle, the factory beetle, the super-fast alien beetle, and the police beetle. The police beetle is unique, because the other CPU will actually pull over and stop when you activate the siren... which is just badass. The tracks are long, taking anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes just to comeplete three laps, but there are a virtually endless amount of shortcuts to take, and all of the levels are opens to exploration. Exploring the tracks unlocks added goodies, such as stunt tracks and battle arena tracks for two player mode.

The games control is set up like a realistic racer; very much like Gran Turismo. Your car will slide horribliy on sand and snow (and their are two levels that consist of nothing but sand and ice) and gear shifting is like an art form in this game.

Any Burnout game would be my choice, the sheer speed of the games make them insanely intense, plus with the racing there are plenty of other modes to have fun with, and the destruction in the games is jus icing on the cake

Hello Fella's mine would have to be colin mcrae dirt 2 the detail that went into the cars, tracks and i loved the pyros when you made air time and the sense of realism was very well done and it made me more interested in rally car racing

Gotta be Need for Speed: Most Wanted and Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition.

Need for Speed: Most Wanted is probably the most enjoyable racing game I've ever played. It isn't too realistic like Forza, but it's still really enjoyable. I haven't played it for a while, but I just gotta beat Razor who's at the #1 spot on the Blacklist, then I'm done.

Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition has deffenitly got the award for "most customizable cars" in my opinion. That game was just so vastly built with so many different stuff that you can do to your car, it's unbelievable. The gameplay is great aswell.

I was always a massive fan of the BTCC growing up (British Touring Car Championship), until all the big teams pulled out and it went tits up.

I was PUMPED when they released TOCA2 Touring Cars on the PS1, it had all the tracks all the teams, and all the drivers...and it was such a good game. I still have the disc in the attic with the PS1 console...one day I will revisit this epic game

Heres my top 3.

1.Gran Turismo 4. One of the best looking PS2 games.

2.Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2. First racing game i got for the ps2.

3.Any of the Burnout games. Burnout 3 is my favorite one.

Midnight Club 3

It's easily my favorite... I don't know why but the game just had everything for me. The customization was excellent and it had the best races in terms of how competitive they were especially online.

After that, Need For Speed Most Wanted would be second... I love this game and STILL play it to this day. It's just so fun for me.

The best racing games in my opinion are the mario kart series, 64 and Wii in particular. I don't play many racing games, but the mario kart games are a lot of fun whether you play alone against the computer or with friends because of all the crazy things that can happen in a race with so many different characters and items available. The series also has the added benefit of featuring the mario cast, so fans of the mario games can at least try out games in other genres that stars people they are already familiar with. 64 will probably always be my favorite due to 12+ years of nostalgia, Mario Kart Wii is pretty epic though when you do all 32 tracks one after another.... whereas most racing games really don't appeal to me much. Just not my type of game. Honorable mention goes to Diddy Kong Racing, a very underrated 64 title that played somewhat similar to Mario Kart 64 but added a twist of having different vehicles and more diverse mini-games.

Racing games are one of my favorite types of games to play. My favorite is old school, Super Mario Kart for the Super Nintendo. Sure there are more realistic games with better controls and even better Mario Racing games. But I spent so much time as a kid racing my sister's with SMK. Maybe it's more for nostalgia but I still play the shit out of this game with my gf with an emulator.

Honorable mentions would be Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit for PS1, Forza 2, and the first Project Gotham for XBox.

My fav racing game is Need For Speed Most Wanted
I found it very addicting and after that one the Need for Speeds kinda started to suck...
The graphics weren't the greatest but graphics are only a small part of what makes a good video game
My second is Burnout Revenge: I put hours of play into this. Many unlockables and it wasn't bad playing online considering online wasn't that great for gaming back five yr's ago....

thats my favorite racing game too. it was sick as fuck and you got to run from the cops. after that game the nfs games died.

Mario Kart, Crash Racing & Road Rash. I grew up playing these games and hitting people with weapons while driving just adds more to the fun of racing. The following are not racing games but there was driving involved, Twisted Metal & this one game back on the Super Nintendo where players were playing Soccer using their cars. I can't remember the name of the game but it was cool to play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back