Fantasy Booking : Adam Rose heel turn

sanefan_har

The Crimson Kestrel
I hope this thread doesn't get removed just because we're talking about Adam Rose.

So I was thinking, why don't the WWE turn Adam Rose heel? As a "face", no one seems to care about him, to the point they start cheering for the bunny.

It's a simple heel turn. Have him fight Mizdow or R-Truth, win the match due to the Bunny's distracting antics, and then snap and attack all of his Rosebuds with a steel chair (including the 2 'hot' women if necessary).

Have him cut a promo about how the locker room doesn't take him seriously because of his partying lifestyle and that he came to the WWE to be a champion, not a joke. Give him a few low card feuds with The Bunny, Zack Ryder, Darren Young(when he returns) before slowly challenging for the U.S and I.C titles, over a course of a year or a year and a half.

If he delivers, we can see him in upper mid card and WWE WHC feuds. Else stick him in the mid card and we have some decent filler. From what I've heard this guy is a better wrestler than Ryback, so we won't have a complete snooze-fest.

Don't see why a thread about Rose would get removed just because it's about him, so you're pretty safe there.

His gimmick in general I'm not a huge fan of, as you said the Bunny is most likely more over than he is at this point. A heel version could be interesting if the "Rosebuds" were more active and helped cheat him some wins, than he could get heat partying over his tainted victory while his opponents look on.

But at the moment he's part of WWE's ever growing "comedy portion" of the roster, so a heel turn's probably not going to be happening anytime soon. Not until they do the whole "reveal who the bunny is" anyway. Even then I suspect they'll just get new bunny, or perhaps the giant penguin will take his place. Point being I don't see all this animal stuff going away in the near future, which means he'll be stuck as a face.

Wrestling wise his NXT work is pretty good, so I know he can deliver in the ring. My only complaint is his current finisher looks waaay too much like Ambrose's and since Ambrose is so much more over now a new finisher would be nice.

Honestly, when he had that segment with him looking into a mirror, I thought that would have been the perfect time to bring back the Leo Kruger character and turn him heel all at the same time.

Surely, it would have made him much more interesting than he has proven to be since coming to the Main Roster.

Man, with Tyson Kidd, Sami Zayn, and even now Hideo Itami, Finn Balor, and whatever that fat douche Steen calls himself, there's no reason for Adam Rose to ever be on WWE programming ever again.

He should definitely turn heel. The guy is an asshole. His gimmick is that he's an egotistical asshole that throws parties and has his own entourage. Why would anyone want to like the guy? Change his finisher, have the Rosebuds help him cheat, and then he should be a decent mid-card heel.

I'm not to sure if would work or not. I dislike his current gimmick simply because it annoys me. His finisher looks like Dirty Deeds. His dress up is like Charlie from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. He has a look of someone who could play a dark character. Wait, he did. Now he is a dancing idiot. The more I think of it the better it sounds. Turn him heel and stop the dancing.

If they are serious then it has to be Edem Rose going heel (accent and all) not Leo Kruger...

It has to be the guy who is party all the time, changing the terms of the party... "My parties are now about ME having a good time... not the rest of you... it's a Party of One...and I don't care WHO gets hurt..." a simple promo like that could change the character...

At the moment he is almost the Freddy Mercury of WWE, flamboyant but safe... he could very easily go darker and become more Axl like... hang out with bad sorts...

Failing all this... if they get "stuck" he is a perfect candidate to become a Wyatt... Adam Wyatt works..

Have him tag the bunny in and when the bunny isn't looking Adam hits him from the back and stomps him a couple of times and leaves the ring.

Then continue on doing what he's been doing because it's pretty awful.

Don't even have him feud with the bunny after. Just forget all about the bunny.

If you want a longer storyline I guess have him threaten to expose the bunny's identity or something along those lines.
In the end have the bunny reveal who he is so Rose doesn't get to.

I agree that he should turn, but not necessarely attack the rosebud. I mean, I still don't get how his gimmick should be considered a face one honestly.

I haven't completely given up on Rose, like so many others have, but his run on the main roster as been lackluster to say the least. A turn could be just what he needs to jump start some success. They could try something really crazy and during a backstage segment have the Bunny jump Rose and just beat his ass down. Then have Bunny be revealed as Leo Kruger. Maybe let him work as both Kruger and Rose. Then have Foley come back as a mentor. Rose w/Dude Love and Kruger w/Cactus Jack.

I was just thinking about that yesterday and here's how I'd do it.

It would be a slow build, possibly peaking at Wrestlemania but I'd keep Adam Rose as a face initially and have him expand the Exotic Express. I'd start planting a few clues that things are a bit amiss with them though by having the Bunny get a bit too violent in some matches (stomping on guys after matches etc.). I'd also take a diva like Summer Rae and have her join them.

Over the coming weeks I'd start shifting the tone of the Exotic Express from fun loving to something else. Slowly make their clothing a bit darker, have other members jump on wrestlers during and after matches and have Summer Rae completely change how she is. Instead of being a confident, fesity diva she starts to become quieter and seemingly a bit afraid of her new group, particularly Adam Rose. During all of this we see Adam Rose start to display Christlike tendencies. He starts talking about himself as the lord of the exotic express, about how it is his divine right to bring more to his group and to win it all in the WWE. He could add new members to the Exotic Express along the way to back him up too.

The idea is to recreate in Adam Rose and the Exotic Express the type of cult leader who thrived in the 60s and 70s counterculture movements, a Charles Manson or Jim Jones. Have the Exotic Express mimic how the hippy movement turned from love and light in to something a lot darker with these people and groups.

Of course the obvious problem with Adam Rose becoming a cult leader is that we already have one with Bray Wyatt. That actually helps this turn in my opinion because I'd also turn Bray Wyatt and the Wyatt Family to battle Adam Rose and the Exotic Express. Have Bray cut some promos about how they were looking in the wrong places for the evil at the heart of the world and about how it was right in front of their eyes the whole time. The Wyatts could try to save Summer Rae from the Exotic Express and could eventually lead to a showdown at Wrestlemania between the two factions and the two cult leaders. You could even have Harper and Rowan turn on Bray at some stage to leave him as the only one left to fight the evil that is the Exotic Express.

Absolutely not. Rose would suck as a heel. His gimmick may be silly, but silliness is needed in between the more intense matches. As long as a funny or weird character is needed in the midcard, his job is safe if he keeps the Adam Rose gimmick in face form. I find him hilarious and like seeing his antics with the random crowd of partiers. Rose and The Bunny should remain a team also. If you have him turn heel by attacking the partiers and/or The Bunny, it might be cool for a week or so, but it will not take long before heel Adam Rose gets stuck being no different than the generic midcard heel. There is no way that he could stand out, unlike his current face self does. Rose should never be a lemon and should always be a rosebud. If anyone's turning heel it's not Adam, it's The Bunny.

I hope this thread doesn't get removed just because we're talking about Adam Rose.

:lmao: Jack and habs won't remove a thread for that.

Dagger Dias said:
Absolutely not. Rose would suck as a heel. His gimmick may be silly, but silliness is needed in between the more intense matches. As long as a funny or weird character is needed in the midcard, his job is safe if he keeps the Adam Rose gimmick in face form. I find him hilarious and like seeing his antics with the random crowd of partiers. Rose and The Bunny should remain a team also. If you have him turn heel by attacking the partiers and/or The Bunny, it might be cool for a week or so, but it will not take long before heel Adam Rose gets stuck being no different than the generic midcard heel. There is no way that he could stand out, unlike his current face self does. Rose should never be a lemon and should always be a rosebud. If anyone's turning heel it's not Adam, it's The Bunny.

Thinking about it I'd have to say that it might work if you tweak the gimmick (I personally am with you on not needing to turn heel though Dagger).

Tweak the gimmick as follows: he becomes a bit of a rowdy hooligan; a troublemaker who lurks on street corners, drinking. Yes, you read it, give him a chav or yobbo gimmick. That way, the party animal thing remains, but it takes on a sinister twist, and "sinister" can describe another of this guy's gimmicks from what I gather (never really saw Kruger).

All of a sudden, this guy is dangerous. Holy shit, what if he comes out to the ring drunk? Holy shit, what will that stoned-out-of-its-mind bunny do next? Maybe there's a way to add some dark "drug-fuelled" type elements to the character. Whatever, I'm just throwing the thought out there. It doesn't quite fit the WWE's present target audience however. But, I think it'd be interesting to see, for a midcard story.

I can see them turning Adam Rose heel once he gets rid of his entourage. At present, as the chief idiot among other idiots, having him function as a bad guy wouldn't play.....and I certainly can't fathom any of the Alice in Wonderland female characters getting physically involved in the action. It can surely be argued that the whole act is a joke anyway, and doing that would remove all doubt.

Of course, there's the damn bunny, but that's an added feature that actually seems to have enhanced the act, at least in the short term. I've read that the plan might be calling for more of the male characters to step in the ring and do.....something. One way or another, this entire gimmick has a limited shelf life, so don't get too used to them being around in their present form.

As a bad guy, Adam Rose would have to go it alone. He looks weird enough to carry his own gimmick and there are probably a bunch of things Creative could do with him. His "look" is a ring persona in itself, and I think the guy could make himself into a truly hateful character.

Adam Rose was just a big mistake. The character occurred at a time when it really should never have and not just that they gave it to a guy has a lot more potential.

Adam Rose should not turn heel by just attacking the Rose Buds..he should have a gradual heel turn where he's losing matches, he's starting to lose that buzz and he himself is on the verge of becoming a complete lemon.. than all of the sudden he walks out in the middle of a big match (possible profiled tag team match) and is shown sitting in his locker room later on talking to someone, the camera spans and it's a mirror and he's talking to himself.

The tag team partner and the bunny come to check on him and ask if he is alright and he sits there silently and all of the sudden stands up and bashes both the inquirers with the chair he was sitting on. He claims the man in the mirror is where he needs to be.

Adam Rose drives off into the sunset for a few weeks while we get mysterious promo packages for a new force who is about to come and enforce his will on the WWE. The man in the promo turns out to be none other than Adam Rose, rebuilt as Leo Kruger (maybe keep the tights rather than the other outfit).

They build up Leo Is Coming for several weeks and than BOOM Leo Kruger runs out to cause a DQ in the middle of a match with a strong mid card guy like Sheamus in it to start off a new run and maybe get him going on the right path.

The thing is isn't Adam Rose undefeated in WWE? Even though the IWC doesn't like him, he seems to serve a purpose as being a crowd lifter with his music and people dancing, wins a quick match and leaves.

I actually would like to see WWE release R-Truth and give him that spot. I actually started forgetting about Truth before he was on Smackdown last week.

Tweak the gimmick as follows: he becomes a bit of a rowdy hooligan; a troublemaker who lurks on street corners, drinking. Yes, you read it, give him a chav or yobbo gimmick. That way, the party animal thing remains, but it takes on a sinister twist, and "sinister" can describe another of this guy's gimmicks from what I gather (never really saw Kruger).

All of a sudden, this guy is dangerous. Holy shit, what if he comes out to the ring drunk? Holy shit, what will that stoned-out-of-its-mind bunny do next? Maybe there's a way to add some dark "drug-fuelled" type elements to the character. Whatever, I'm just throwing the thought out there. It doesn't quite fit the WWE's present target audience however. But, I think it'd be interesting to see, for a midcard story.

Yeah great idea, no better way to spit in the face of the wellness policy and make fun of jeff hardy and road warrior hawks past then to be just like tna and sent(even kayfabe) a drugged out or drunk wrestler to the ring.

Now for the heel turn, the only way i cant think is for him to like many others said, turn on the bunny. have adam rose who is the center of the exotic express and party to get jealous of the bunnys popularity. have him get dark jump the bunny and leave him laid out. adam goes on him own and jumps the bunny who now leads the exotic express for his own matches and week after week adam jumps the bunny attacking him from behind. after a few weeks of this( leading up to a ppv of course) finally the week before thier match against each other at the ppv. a fully heel adam rose or transformed leo krueger finally does it and beheads the bunny to reveil him to be whatever returning wrestler the e wants to push thats been shelved for a while or another random nxt guy(leaning towards neville). therefore the ppv can be taken much more seriously and it may help with ppv buys

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back