Fallout 4: New Vegas

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
That's right, Fallout 4 has been announced and you may have already guessed that it is set amongst the glitz and glamour of Las Vegas. Here is the IGN announcement, for anyone who is interested:

Bethesda has announced a new entrant into the Fallout franchise, subtitled New Vegas. Details are slim at the moment as Bethesda is remaining tight-lipped, but a few bits of information were provided. The game is being developed by Obsidian Entertainment and is due out sometime in 2010 for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC. The game is not a direct sequel to Fallout 3, though it is an RPG and Bethesda has said that you can expect the "same type of game," despite the fact that a different developer is working on it.

Bethesda did not go into specifics on gameplay or what engine would be used, but a spokesperson did mention that you can "make educated guesses" on those matters. While we're in the guessing mood, we're guessing the game will be set in a post-apocalyptic Las Vegas. IGN has been told we can expect a full reveal when Obsidian is ready to show it.

Obsidian Entertainment was founded by members of Interplay's Black Isle Studio -- the group that worked on the original Fallout games -- after it was disbanded. Bethesda has said it approached Obsidian regarding this project and an agreement was quickly reached.

This is great news and whilst I have a few questions that jump into my mind straight away, I would very much like to talk about the announcement first. Since Fallout 3 was released, I have been a fan of the series. I may be coming late to the game but it is a great game to be introduced to the series with. With that being said, I think it is great that we are getting this game so early and recently from the last one. Fallout 3 was only released last year and now we have a new one to look forward to this year. The other thing is that you know that this game will not be some rip-off of the last one that is shoddy in quality. Bethesda have been a really reliable company and all of the games they have put out are not done by half.

However, one thing that does trouble me is that this game seems to be jumping the queue. The last I heard, this game was scheduled to be made after the new Elder Scrolls game. I am now worried that that will be put on hold to cater to Fallout 4 being made. I hope that this is not the case and the Elder Scrolls can still be made. Although, I am hoping that the reason they have switched studios, is that they are trying to have their games released more rapidly and as such cannot wait for the Elder Scrolls to be made to start developing Fallout. However, that is another story for another day.

This is a great announcement and something that has really got me thinking about how well it will play and how the story will differ from the third game in the series. How do you think it will cope to switching to Las Vegas and what features can you see being taken out or put in to make this game a great follow up to the last?

I've been hearing about this for a while now, and wish some kind of info would show up. My friend told me it was coming out on July 1st, which I really hope it doesn't. If it does, then a lot of the same things from Fallout 3 would be used and the game might not feel different enough. I also heard something about a preview or trailer coming out in January, but I don't know if I believe this.

Wow, I cant say as I am overly excited, on account of still being addicted to Fallout, Fallout 2, Fallout Tactics and Fallout 3. This will be another project I'll have to juggle on my unbusy schedule, still, I'll probably buy, become addicted and play it for the rest of my days. I think The Fallout series are the only video games I play these days.

I'm very excited about this addition to the series. I'm a huge fan of Fallout 3, and hopefully, New Vegas can live up to the expectations. The trailer is pretty much win on all accounts. Like Miko, I'll have to find a way to play it same as ME2, which I haven't gotten, but I digress. New Vegas is definitely in my list for games to play.

This is not Fallout 4! It is a side game that is no way related to Fallout 3 at all in terms of the story, quests, or characters. It looks and play like Fallout 3 with many of it's features but it's not a sequel. New Vegas however will have some relation to Fallout 1 and 2 as confirmed by the developers. In New Vegas you won't come from a Vault instead you will be rescued by a robot when you are left for dead and your whole objective is to seek vengeance. I'm a Fallout 3 nerd so I know quite a bit about the Fallout games and I am completely following this game.

This is not Fallout 4! It is a side game that is no way related to Fallout 3 at all in terms of the story, quests, or characters. It looks and play like Fallout 3 with many of it's features but it's not a sequel. New Vegas however will have some relation to Fallout 1 and 2 as confirmed by the developers. In New Vegas you won't come from a Vault instead you will be rescued by a robot when you are left for dead and your whole objective is to seek vengeance. I'm a Fallout 3 nerd so I know quite a bit about the Fallout games and I am completely following this game.

See, what you have done there is describe what we call a sequel...

Though, you are quite right. This game holds no affiliation to Fallout 3 and will not be called "Fallout 4". As more information becomes readily available, I am looking forward to this game more and more. In my opinion, it looks very similar to Fallout 3 but just in a different setting. From what I can tell, the game is very similar to the way that Fallout 3 played. I have collected some screen shots for the new game and have put them in spoiler tags below.

The thing that strikes me about this game is how similar it looks to Fallout 3. I was looking for a picture that would set this game apart from the 3rd instalment but I couldn't find anything interesting enough to be really called "new". The first thing that I wanted to see was The Vegas Strip looking ravaged and showing some familiarity. However, I couldn't find anything that looked remotely like that and I am very much hoping that they are just choosing not to reveal that right now as opposed to omitting it from the game completely. Either way, I will get this game and see how different it is from Fallout 3 and my hopes are high, to say the least.

www.totalvideogames.com_736FNV_logo_70362__size_655_1500.jpg

www.totalvideogames.com_fall-7_70606__size_655_1500.jpg

www.totalvideogames.com_fall-9_70608__size_655_1500.jpg

If there's one game that I am truly waiting for this year, it's this game. I CANNOT wait for this game to come out. Fallout 3 was one of my most favorite games that I've ever played and I've been a big fan ever since.

I read the latest PlayStation Magazine and there's a lot of info you might wanna check out. There's screenshots, info on the gameplay, and the characters. From what I saw though, it looks like it's going to be just like Fallout 3 in terms of gameplay styles and graphics. Fallout: New Vegas is going to use the same engine for the graphics, which isn't bad. The V.A.T.S. system is still going to be there but with some interesting new features. I'm really looking forward to this game.

My only concern is that this game is going to be made by a different studio. I fear that although they'll "Copy & Paste" most of the stuff from Fallout 3, I don't know if it'll be the same or if it'll suck. Like how Rockstar picked up Max Payne 3; you know there's a chance that it'll be a good game but it might not be anything close to the original games....you know?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back